Desert Builds an Ocean Condo

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:26 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:08 pm Super sweet... I hadn't seen this before.

Any progress?
Thanks man. Yes it's 90% completed. I was just down there to meet our interior designer/decorator again. She has the in on furniture building/import etc. and is helping us put together something that looks really good. Appliances in except for the fridge. Next week the outdoor BBQ area gets built. A September delivery date. We're pretty pumped. I get to buy fun man stuff like 4 flatscreen TVs and I think I'm gonna put the Summit Beer Froster in the BBQ center. https://www.summitappliance.com/catalog ... 3SSVHFROST

Going to use one of the BR's at an office, there is excellent surfing right in front of the condo, and it's just going to be great way to GTFO of the desert for significant periods of time, which I am ready for.
:fuckyeah: sounds like an epic getaway!

How far of a drive is it from the desert to the condo?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:08 pm Super sweet... I hadn't seen this before.

Any progress?
Thanks man. Yes it's 90% completed. I was just down there to meet our interior designer/decorator again. She has the in on furniture building/import etc. and is helping us put together something that looks really good. Appliances in except for the fridge. Next week the outdoor BBQ area gets built. A September delivery date. We're pretty pumped. I get to buy fun man stuff like 4 flatscreen TVs and I think I'm gonna put the Summit Beer Froster in the BBQ center. https://www.summitappliance.com/catalog ... 3SSVHFROST

Going to use one of the BR's at an office, there is excellent surfing right in front of the condo, and it's just going to be great way to GTFO of the desert for significant periods of time, which I am ready for.
Outstanding!!

Let me know if you get that Summit unit. I was looking at a TRUE unit (Link), but that one looks very nice, and looks like it might be a bit less expensive to boot!

Excited for you man. I'm starting to get excited about our place in Vegas as well. It's a great feeling having something built.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:27 pm

3-3.5 there. The return time add on depends on waits at the border, which is highly variable but will soon be removed by SENTRI lane access, which cuts that to ten minutes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:41 pm

Outstanding!!

Let me know if you get that Summit unit. I was looking at a TRUE unit (Link), but that one looks very nice, and looks like it might be a bit less expensive to boot!

Excited for you man. I'm starting to get excited about our place in Vegas as well. It's a great feeling having something built.
I'm getting the Summit unit. It's the only undercounter untt available that really advertises strong consistent sub 32F temps.......which is what you need for a really good cold beer. I will advise of performance.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:41 pm

Outstanding!!

It's the only new housing unit I've ever built, and likely the only one I will ever build, so yes, the ability to customize is pretty neat.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:27 pm

3-3.5 there. The return time add on depends on waits at the border, which is highly variable but will soon be removed by SENTRI lane access, which cuts that to ten minutes.
:nice:
Not too bad for even a quick weekend getaway. :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm

My kids goes to college in September and we are down to one dog. The COVID has put the finishing touches on the reality that we don't really need to be in the office very much, we've got a paralegal to man that post.

So Monday morning meetings don't exist anymore. Except for trials, court is now completely by phone. So fuck it.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:15 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:11 pm

My kids goes to college in September and we are down to one dog. The COVID has put the finishing touches on the reality that we don't really need to be in the office very much, we've got a paralegal to man that post.

So Monday morning meetings don't exist anymore. Except for trials, court is now completely by phone. So fuck it.
#winning

:fuckyeah:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Any progress?

:fuckyeah: sounds terrific.
I'm happy for you, :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

September delivery?

Yeah, Michelle and I can post pone our trip until then and do Mexico instead I suppose.

:trollface:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

TIL that I need a beer froster. :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:22 pm TIL that I need a beer froster. :notbad:
There are a lot of mini fridges that keep your beer "cool" but everyone knows that doesn't really cut it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:22 pm TIL that I need a beer froster. :notbad:
There are a lot of mini fridges that keep your beer "cool" but everyone knows that doesn't really cut it.
I didn't know it even existed. I am very intrigued.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:27 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm

I had spent half a day looking at mini fridges, looking for something that would at least go to 32. I finally came across this in a WIRED magazine review. You can order this, and all Summit stuff, through the Home Depot.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:27 pm
I had spent half a day looking at mini fridges, looking for something that would at least go to 32. I finally came across this in a WIRED magazine review. You can order this, and all Summit stuff, through the Home Depot.
But does it go to 11?

https://marshallfridge.com/products/bla ... bar-fridge
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 pm

But does it go to 11?

It goes to 26!
wap

But does it go to 11?

That's pretty awesome.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:39 pm

But does it go to 11?

It goes to 26!
I brought this up to the wife last night and didn't get shot down...pending moving a kitchen remod, I might manage to get one of these.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:39 pm

It goes to 26!
I brought this up to the wife last night and didn't get shot down...pending moving a kitchen remod, I might manage to get one of these.
https://www.wired.com/2011/07/beer-froster/
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We are taking possession of this nasty bitch this Saturday and staying for Thanksgiving week, which also coincides with our anniversary. 5 years of planning and saving coming to fruition. Much excite.
I did order the beer froster. Sadly it arrives after our departure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It is just the wife and I, daughter is with mom, so we are living that holiday social distancing lyfe.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 am We are taking possession of this nasty bitch this Saturday and staying for Thanksgiving week, which also coincides with our anniversary. 5 years of planning and saving coming to fruition. Much excite.
:fuckyeah: hope we get to see lots of pics of how this turned out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:08 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 am We are taking possession of this nasty bitch this Saturday and staying for Thanksgiving week, which also coincides with our anniversary. 5 years of planning and saving coming to fruition. Much excite.
For sure. Our interior design person has been blowing our cash for weeks.
wap

:dat:
Much :excited: for you, Dirk.

:popcorn: on pics.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:17 am

For sure. Our interior design person has been blowing our cash for weeks.
:nice: :popcorn: :excite: