:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:24 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:14 pm

He literally hasn't posted in years. Who cares.
+1

Take your politics, religion and Covid fetishes to madbro.com. Bring on the cars, the booze and the chicks.
:iono: Someone took out an avatar from someone who hasn't posted in years... and it caused :(
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:19 pm What happened?

:iono: :ohwell:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

+1

Take your politics, religion and Covid fetishes to madbro.com. Bring on the cars, the booze and the chicks.
Hold the bus. B e n d e r was not a covid freak. And he FREQUENTLY posted about booze and :tits: . This is the bro who has/had a whiskey site and threesomes with a horny bisexual wife with a girlfriend.
:bruh:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:24 pm

+1

Hold the bus. B e n d e r was not a covid freak. And he FREQUENTLY posted about booze and :tits: . This is the bro who has/had a whiskey site and threesomes with a horny bisexual wife with a girlfriend.
Well, it was the politics and :bs: that drove him away and made him want to distance himself as far away from this place as he could. Sad we couldn't keep it away, but that's the world now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:35 pm
Well, it was the politics and :bs: that drove him away and made him want to distance himself as far away from this place as he could. Sad we couldn't keep it away, but that's the world now.
:notwrong: there.

It does seem to be better lately, :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:35 pm
:notwrong: there.

It does seem to be better lately, :doe:
Yeah, because there's only like 4 of us left...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

+1

I am addressing others besides Paul with this comment. Everyone here has political and other sensitive views. If I wanted to fight about this sort of stuff I have 20 people on "speed dial" (kinda :wap: phrase, but look at my audience) to irritate, argue with, enrage, etc. I am not here for those purposes. Others enjoy that banter on both sides of the spectrum, some are still here, most are not. I mean, life is short Ron, I am just EXHAUSTED by the butthurt that went on during the VID, and I'm still exhausted by partisan politics. Paul liked to trade paint with people on this stuff is all I'm saying. Same as Brad, same as Troy, same as, same as. It's just not my thing. More 944 builds and Cale getting hammered and making hot sammiches, less rage about dat Aftermath.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:51 pm

I guess. It's just :( when it's an OG founding member. We've shrunk so much recently.
:dat:

:ohwell:

I am still in communication with [user not found] from time to time, didn't know he did this and no idea why. It's kind of like the Waxer/Dubshow move - they lingered here for a long time after the alleged rage quit.

:aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:04 pm
I am addressing others besides Paul with this comment. Everyone here has political and other sensitive views. If I wanted to fight about this sort of stuff I have 20 people on "speed dial" (kinda :wap: phrase, but look at my audience) to irritate, argue with, enrage, etc. I am not here for those purposes. Others enjoy that banter on both sides of the spectrum, some are still here, most are not. I mean, life is short Ron, I am just EXHAUSTED by the butthurt that went on during the VID, and I'm still exhausted by partisan politics. Paul liked to trade paint with people on this stuff is all I'm saying. Same as Brad, same as Troy, same as, same as. It's just not my thing. More 944 builds and Cale getting hammered and making hot sammiches, less rage about dat Aftermath.

He happened to share views with Ron versus Waxer/Brad/Dub who diverted.

I am personally :aintcare: and all of the COVID/politics shit can :gtfo: for the most part. We are all entitled to our views and opinions, I'd rather not debate them here, hence why I've pretty much never set foot in the political punchbowl.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am amused that I saw Ron's thread was revitalized, came in for GTI content, left more satisfied than I expected to be.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:42 am I am amused that I saw Ron's thread was revitalized, came in for GTI content, left more satisfied than I expected to be.
I posted on Monday about my recent Blue Meanie 3 year service and it, well, devolved.
:ohwell: It's the DFD way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:46 am
D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:42 am I am amused that I saw Ron's thread was revitalized, came in for GTI content, left more satisfied than I expected to be.
I posted on Monday about my recent Blue Meanie 3 year service and it, well, devolved.
I did see that as well, was just glad to see it go beyond that to more amusing :bs:

I will echo that your maintenance costs/experience seem quite fair and pleasant. My VW :dillerman: was pretty cool as well for maintenance back in the day. I've still yet to ever set foot in a BMW :dillerman: save one time to test drive a Honda S2000 :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I have some VW maintenance coming up, seems that I'm behind on brake fluid/engine oil but all else is still good. :notsure: about the "lifetime" transmission fluid though.... A little concerning.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 am
wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:46 am

I did see that as well, was just glad to see it go beyond that to more amusing :bs:

I will echo that your maintenance costs/experience seem quite fair and pleasant. My VW :dillerman: was pretty cool as well for maintenance back in the day. I've still yet to ever set foot in a BMW :dillerman: save one time to test drive a Honda S2000 :lolol:
:lolol:
For some reason I'm thinking that Bimmer :dillerman: experience tends to be less than stellar. :iono: for sure, :doe:
wap

Tar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:05 am I have some VW maintenance coming up, seems that I'm behind on brake fluid/engine oil but all else is still good. :notsure: about the "lifetime" transmission fluid though.... A little concerning.
Still too early to worry about tranny fluid yet, though, no?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:10 am
Tar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:05 am I have some VW maintenance coming up, seems that I'm behind on brake fluid/engine oil but all else is still good. :notsure: about the "lifetime" transmission fluid though.... A little concerning.
91k kms, thats about 60k miles I guess? It probably is. It's ok I'm sure brakes are right around the corner, and the summer tars are abysmal, so I have ways to spend money 😀
wap

Tar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:10 am

91k kms, thats about 60k miles I guess? It probably is. It's ok I'm sure brakes are right around the corner, and the summer tars are abysmal, so I have ways to spend money 😀
Interesting. IIRC, the fluid change interval for the 7 speed DSG is 60k miles, as opposed to 40k for the 6 speed.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:41 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:04 pm

He happened to share views with Ron versus Waxer/Brad/Dub who diverted.

I am personally :aintcare: and all of the COVID/politics shit can :gtfo: for the most part. We are all entitled to our views and opinions, I'd rather not debate them here, hence why I've pretty much never set foot in the political punchbowl.
I have long ago disabused myself of the notion that someone actually cares what I think about politics or religion. If others could do the same they would have a lot more free time.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So shall we go back to VW maintenance ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:22 pm So shall we go back to VW maintenance ?
Seems legit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 am
D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 am

:lolol:
For some reason I'm thinking that Bimmer :dillerman: experience tends to be less than stellar. :iono: for sure, :doe:
I would rather slit my wrists than take ze BMW to the dealer here. The expiration of the warranty was fine by me. By the time your BMW problems cannot be addressed by yourself or a decent Indie, it is time TO SELL YOUR BMW.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:04 pm
Tar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Interesting. IIRC, the fluid change interval for the 7 speed DSG is 60k miles, as opposed to 40k for the 6 speed.
The Touareg is a beastly vehicle with some slushbox 6 spd auto... I don't know how long it can go on said fluid, but VW seems to think the answer is forever. :notsure:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:04 pm

The Touareg is a beastly vehicle with some slushbox 6 spd auto... I don't know how long it can go on said fluid, but VW seems to think the answer is forever. :notsure:
Yeah lifetime fills man. My BMW 8 speed is "lifetime"..........of course if you go to ECS tuning the description of their change kit says the ZF becomes a "ticking time bomb" at 45,000 miles. :lolgasm:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:11 pm
Tar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm

Yeah lifetime fills man. My BMW 8 speed is "lifetime"..........of course if you go to ECS tuning the description of their change kit says the ZF becomes a "ticking time bomb" at 45,000 miles. :lolgasm:
A luxury German branded tranny costs more than i can afford to spend on it.

So what do you have to do for a drain/fill? I'm taking gate into my own hands here!
wap

I found it interesting that the VAQ fluid needs to be changed every 3 years, regardless of mileage. Is that the case with other LSD's?