Erdogan Pet's Car Reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:notbad: , thank you for your take on the rentals. My buddy has a Kia Forte and is happy with it as a :aintcare: appliance. They make okay cars
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Thanks guys! A little update, I took a 3 hour roadtrip to rehoboth beach for the weekend, got her up to 45 mpg hwy with cruise on 75 at most.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:53 pm Thanks guys! A little update, I took a 3 hour roadtrip to rehoboth beach for the weekend, got her up to 45 mpg hwy with cruise on 75 at most.
:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Well update time! Kia has now :disappoint: me

Car is fine as far as drivability and mpgeez, buttt I had to return the car cause I made a left turn and all of a sudden I heard a noise that sounded like something was rolling the trunk, but it was actually coming from the dash of the car. Once I straighten the car after the turn, the passenger footwell behind the glove compartment started to leak, the culprit was the AC condenser. It has gotten progressively worse and worse (essentially flooding the passenger side floor), enough to go straight to the rental office again. I explained the problem, not even 2 mins I got my replacement car, it was either a Corolla or Honda HRV, so I chose HRV and have not regretted that decision. I may be subjected to a long road trip sometime this week for werk purposes and perhaps family things. Will write review after that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don't understand how an AC condenser is leaking into the cabin... :wtf: You sure it wasn't a heater core? Did it smell sweet?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:36 pm I don't understand how an AC condenser is leaking into the cabin... :wtf: You sure it wasn't a heater core? Did it smell sweet?
I believe it maybe a heater core according to my research. It did not smell sweet at all and only happened when the AC was running. It's mounted right below the glove compartment lid when you try to get your hand practically behind it, between the firewall vs GC. Would be asking for a fire hazard if you hardwire a radar detector or dash cam.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now it's time for the Miniturized Honduh CRV, aka the HRV.

Overall, :notbad: out of all three rentals I had, WORST -outlander----------|-----HRV-----Forte- BEST.

I have a lot to say on this, as equally as good and bad. Also took a road trip from DC burbs to Savannah to Orlando to Miami, then Miami to Savannah to DC burbs, my points will involve on it based on the experience.

Exterior:
- it's meh, doesn't attract attention, basically :aintcare:
- The wheels and tires seems to be smaller than my :turboyaris: but it's an appliance :whocares:
- Projector headlights are ok-ish at night, has auto high beams doe.

Interior:
- My favorite part about the car, great blend of compact and has lot of room that passengers need.
- Compared to the other 2 and for it's size, it's very spacious, lots of storage. Especially for it's size.
- Back seat on the other hand, not exactly DFD sized friendly but livable for like a daytrip.
- Even though it was originally designed for the azn market, cupholders even accommodate to be deeper, so you can get yer big gulps of diet coke from 7-11.
- Also comfortable for front seat passengers on the roadtrip.
- There's no arm rest in the back seat and only one cup holder mounted right behind the storage console.
- The speakers are kinda weird, at a certain low volume I couldn't hear some of the tones of the music nor part of the lyrics.
- Me being a tall guy, there is some sort of box right under the seat and in certain position, you can touch that box and it can get uncomfortable. Shorter drivers would not have that issue.
- Build quality is good, materials has some details, a little better than jetta's too.

Drivability + Deets:
- 1.8 NA Earth Dreams kicks in yo, paired with a continuous vaginal transmitter.
- I have the AWD so it's 10 seconds to 60, FWD is 8.5 which would've been :notbad: for an appliance.
- The engine is noisy, but the growl kinda reminds me of older honda's B and K series when hitting in the higher rpm range. Usually music drones it out a little.
- The way it accelerates, if you're used to the low end torque or dual clutch, you would think it's dogshit slow with a decent amount of throttle. To get it somewhat moving, like keeping up with regular joes off the lights, it seems to have a sweet spot for the job. The said sweet spot is roughly half throttle the acceleration which is :notbad: for regular non-highway driving, as long as you don't try to race someone.
- It quite nimble, cornering is :notbad: didn't feel sketchy either, kind of like how a Honda fit would be since they are pretty much the same car underneath.
- On the highway, it's pretty much driving any other car that isn't remotely quick, if you drive above the posted speed limit like most people and don't camp on the left lane. Planning ahead is key.
- Weird thing is, the car seems to require quite an amount of effort from 45-70, but above 70 it hits almost a 100 with little to no effort, of course RPMS have to be up to 4k-5k (easier to rev there too). (before you say anything 100, a lot of FL drivers were doing 95 at one point between Orlando and the GA border. But I don't weave in and out in small gaps between cars like miami drivers do).
- Brakes are decent, pretty much how you would expect an appliance would be.
- My GTI and the Clio has a much much better turning radius.

Tech, features and other misc.
- I also too have the same gripes as johnny wasteful does with his CRV, especially with the carplay functionality and other areas on the dash.
- For radio, obviously after being used to the VW, I'm used to finding stations on the right dial to find all the sources (Kia was no different). But for whatever reason, I can only switch to presets from the steering, in terms of that, it tells BMW iDrive to hold my beer (my moms f10 535i was more easier to use in that regard). Honda should do a better job to make the HU more intuitive in almost every way, I first press source, then manually click all the station channels step by step without even knowing if it works in the area you're in or not. That is NOT ok, I could've easily get in an accident because of it.
- Onto the car play, I use spotify and waze over anything else when I use it. Even if I haven't set the GPS on waze, either if I go directly on waze or have it multi-app where I can both see spotify and the map, or vise versa, it switches to guidance volume. Which means, the front door speakers gets completely turns off and only the rear speakers play music. I had to tap the menu buttons multiple times to make it go away. Might be some peoples cup of tea, but it drove me batshit crazy.
- Honda's are karen with their warning systems , whenever I drop someone off and they take off their seat belt right before coming to a stop, it yells at you to fasten seat belt. Ok I understand, but unnecessary imo. Maybe they could've use the money to equip a decent auto, just food for thought.
- Overall the tech is quite irritating to say the very least.
- The dash does not show average mpg, range and so on. There's a screen thats being wasted and only says vehicle settings right next to the speedometer, those info's could've been useful.
- According to my hand calculation for the mpg, thats between driving in Savannah and on the highway driving 80-90 on cruise control, I got 29 mpg. Also cruises just fine at those speeds without exceeding 2.5k RPM.
- Has heated seats and sunroof.

Now on to the best part, would I get this car? No not really, I'd pick a CRV over it since they're not that expensive in comparison and gets a better overall package. While it may compete with the sub compact "SUV's" and it may appeal the market for the US. I don't think these cars should belong here imo. Have a wonderful friday folks.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Good review of a meh appliance.

Nice color, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Little overdue.

This time is for lesser of meh vehicles. Meaning not econo boxes and such.

The vehicles are, 2021 Honda Passport (cross-shopped with Accord), 2020+ Ford Expedition Max, and the current Jetta SEL (short test drive cause parents rent it since Explorer is being a Fraud).

1) Honda Passport.

Overall opinion, out of all midsized SUV's (particularly the ones with unibody), I think the Honda Passport sticks out compared to rest of the competition and her older sister, the Pilot. (I know there's a 1990's passport thats basically an Isuzu). Slightly more "rugged" attitude that isn't on par on 4runners, wranglers, etc.

Yes I have truly considered it as my daily/winter beater/temporarily only car (basically how the accord is right now), but I'm glad the :diller: games and lack of availability for exactly what I wanted locally steered me into an Accord.

Exterior:
- Short answer, I think it looks good, it is slightly lifted than the Pilot, which gives off the more rugged appearence that attracts the bro's, not the spontaneous trip to MOAB kind obviously. Think of it like Allroads or xc70 vs v70 wagons with the claddings and whatnot.
- Yes it is a chopped Pilot.

Interior:
- My favorite thing is that for it's size, it. Is. Hugeee!!
- Seats, huge and comfy.
- Center console, huge (I'm talking chebby tahoe huge), always love these for SUV's.
- Has the latest infotainment (like the Accord)
- Has a pretty tall ceiling.
- Lots of backseat space.
- Huge trunk, especially when you have no 3rd row mechanism.
- The cockpit gives off the I own the road vibes, if you don't count 4 runner's, :truk: , land cruisers, Nissan Armada/Qx80 and the like to the equation. So compared to most basic bitch mom mobiles.

The overall driving "experiancee" :fancy:
- First things first, the button shifter (already gotten used to that in the Accord), not everyones cup of tea.
- The steering is pretty much lifeless, theres not even a hint of feedback. The HRV I was driving at the time and the Accord was much better. It's easy to drift lanes unless you probably get used to it. Already a red flag for the vehicle.
- Just like in the Accord, the normal mode of the 9/10 speed starts in 2nd gear. It's kinda hesitant.
- For an NA j series engine (which I believe what the v6 accord had in the previous generation), the acceleration is one step below from dangerously slow :plac: meaning 0-60 is stock :turboyaris: (yes, the sales breh asked me to see how "quick" it is).
- NA v6 on a heavy car, calls for mediocre mpg. 24 mpg on the highway, ya no thanks. Red flag for a daily.
- Engine souded good :doe: once you get on it.
- It rolls on ramps, as expected for being quite a tall vehicle for it's class.
- Has torque vectoring AWD with a push of a button, so without it it's FWD, duh
- Not exactly my ideal experience. For instance, my dad's explorer was better to drive, more easier to drive mildly :stig: . But I also wouldn't mind.

Final verdict:
- Things I've found odd, you have to add a tow hitch separately, there's no optional hitch. Therefore no different than say a sedan. So much for a lifestyle vehicle. Again dad's explorer came with that as standard, because murica :lol:
- I wouldn't mind getting this vehicle. However, it isn't for me for my current lifestyle. I can see myself owning it, but not living up to that sort of life. I think it is a good vehicle. That being said and done, I may probably go for a 4runner instead if I'm in the market for such, let alone being way more capable offroad, if I can look past the ancient interior. At the end of the day, it works.

----
Up next is 2020-2021 (I could careless because I'm not impressed by a small margin) Ford Expedition Max.
Before I go on ramble about on the vehicle, my dad used to have a 2011 Ford Expedition EL (Suburban equivalent), MAX is the new suburban equivalent. So yes, I will be comparing it to both models and explain why the old is better and basically Ford started to half ass on things.

Exterior:
- Old-er > New, especially the headlights and tallights. Old has the halogens and the new has LED projectors (I barely paid attention to that detail)
- Body style is pretty much the same as far as rest of the vehicle goes, almost seems like it's facelifted.

Interior:
- For a car it's size, the interior is mediocre. I still have plenty of room to get comfy. The proportions seemed a little weird to me, especially compared to the older car.
- The dial shifter, it's ok I guess, not my preference, but then again, not my car so why bother. I prefer the traditional stick so I can shift without looking and can get feedback on it. It's the little things to make things somewhat convenient.
- The overall design is eerily similar, with center console storage, seat design, dash layout, etc. again Ford basically facelifted it as the current gen, unlike the Explorer.
- Seats seemed to be more uncomfortable as well. Felt like it has harder foam than the 2011, so cost cutting imo.

Drivability:
- Now this, this will :trigger: some Fraud fans. Sorry but truth hurts, get over it.
- Lets start with ride quality
- The 2011 was way more comfortable overall, much better ride quality to a point it is expected to be in a vehicle of such. Doesn't front drive to the point where it makes you wanna :gag: . The 2021, lets just say theres a good reason why we don't see much of them on the road. Think of it like 2011 with 25" inch :ramz: with rubberband tires :mahtroy: style, along with worn shocks that makes the car feel like you're riding over waves on a bayliner. Yes that's exactly how that car feels like. I'm very :disappoint:
- Has hydraulic steering.

Engine:
- Given the cafe, 2011 had the 5.4 NA v8 versus the 3.5 ecoboost v6, the same engine used in dad's explorer.
- Better gas mileage, ya no shit.

This review is also more of a rant, based on how ford somehow gotten lazy. Wouldn't be surprised if Expedition isn't close to their main priority for the company, let alone the trend for the market has started to shift, I'm looking at you Mach-E.

-----
Last but not least, the 2021 Jetta SEL

I only drove this for good 10 minutes just to see whats it's like and how VW has cut down cost.

Time to make this review simple:

The god:
- For a commuter it picks up effortlessly with it's 1.4t motor
- Not a CVT, the modern slushbox is the way to go... for an auto.
- has decent space
- dat digital dash :doe:
- Steering isn't terribly light
- Very effortless to drive, kinda like my GTI and it's toy like.
- Rides fairly good, obviously feels like a softer GTI.
- Great on gas, almost like a baby TDi.

The bad:
- First things first, VW got rid of the electronic seat recliner, I know the previous mk6 jetta has it and has been the norm for 4 door VW's atleast as old as the mk5 era.
- It is a recycled car, the dash is from a VW Polo.
- The interior is not superior
- The VW polo in europe has a slightly better quality.
- It lacks some features to it's competition.
- Seats are uncomfortable.

:sad: for VW. But VW of NA knows this car sells like hotcakes and it's the official vehicle of sorority girls (atleast here in the midatlantic)

End bread/
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This thread has been way overdue,
recently I have driven the following.

- Hyundai Kona,
- New Civic Sport
- e90 BMW 335i turo rental
- 1SS Camabrooo
- Subaru Cucktrek 2.5

Will rant on some for fun with shits and giggles once I have time.