Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:00 pm This is so annoying dude. I’m sorry.

Did cavallo give you any idea on how long it will take to complete the repairs? They were never up front about that with me.
They made it seem like it’ll be fairly quick but they didn’t give me a timetable. They can’t order the doors until it’s in the shop and I still need someone from my insurance to come and take a look at it. But with shortages everywhere who knows how long it’ll take them to get doors. As it’s just a golf I wouldn’t think they’d have a hard time but who knows.

On a side not, I won’t even put my summers on as I probably need to buy a new englishtown. First time ever I crubbed a wheel. Went through my VW wheel and tire package and the repair shop refinished it twice but it still looks like shit next to an untouched englishtown. They won’t replace it because it still holds air and I’m afraid once I mount them it’ll be obvious.

Or I could mount them and drive a hoopty GoRf. :lol:
They re machined the face? Yeah that never looks good.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:06 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:20 pm

They made it seem like it’ll be fairly quick but they didn’t give me a timetable. They can’t order the doors until it’s in the shop and I still need someone from my insurance to come and take a look at it. But with shortages everywhere who knows how long it’ll take them to get doors. As it’s just a golf I wouldn’t think they’d have a hard time but who knows.

On a side not, I won’t even put my summers on as I probably need to buy a new englishtown. First time ever I crubbed a wheel. Went through my VW wheel and tire package and the repair shop refinished it twice but it still looks like shit next to an untouched englishtown. They won’t replace it because it still holds air and I’m afraid once I mount them it’ll be obvious.

Or I could mount them and drive a hoopty GoRf. :lol:
They re machined the face? Yeah that never looks good.
Yep. The first attempt the ridges in the finish were gigantic and it looked awful. Second time around the ridges are much smaller and less noticeable up close but the clear coat is horrific. Dirt and specs all over the place. Orange peel like you wouldn't believe.

Lesson learned. Machined face wheels are no bueno refinished.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Estimate from the insurance company is roughly $5k and was written for both doors. Body shop is going to order the doors the week before I drop it off. It’s scheduled as a 10 day repair.

I’ll have to file diminished value through her insurance once the work is complete.

I love dealing with insurance companies.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:42 am Estimate from the insurance company is roughly $5k and was written for both doors. Body shop is going to order the doors the week before I drop it off. It’s scheduled as a 10 day repair.

I’ll have to file diminished value through her insurance once the work is complete.

:disgust:

Good luck, man. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Are they springing for a rental for you for those 10 days?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:06 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:42 am Estimate from the insurance company is roughly $5k and was written for both doors. Body shop is going to order the doors the week before I drop it off. It’s scheduled as a 10 day repair.

Good luck, man. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Are they springing for a rental for you for those 10 days?
I’ll have a rental during the repair time. The body shop should be handling insurance from here on out though which is good.

I’ve got Travelers insurance now and I’d give them about a D- so far. I got better service with geico the last time around. :mindblown: It took me roughly 5 days to get the appraiser out as none of the claims people assigned to my case would return my calls. :disgust:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:02 pm
wap wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:06 am

I’ll have a rental during the repair time. The body shop should be handling insurance from here on out though which is good.

I’ve got Travelers insurance now and I’d give them about a D- so far. I got better service with geico the last time around. :mindblown: It took me roughly 5 days to get the appraiser out as none of the claims people assigned to my case would return my calls. :disgust:
How come you’re not dealing with the other parties insurance ? They may be better
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:25 pm

How come you’re not dealing with the other parties insurance ? They may be better
He's part of the no fault insurance scam that I am. Your insurance covers you under any circumstance, even when it's not your fault. All you can get from the other person's insurance is your deductible you had to pay (and even that varies by state).
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:03 pm

He's part of the no fault insurance scam that I am. Your insurance covers you under any circumstance, even when it's not your fault. All you can get from the other person's insurance is your deductible you had to pay (and even that varies by state).
Interesting …
:themoreyouknow:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I could have gone through hers but I thought I would get better service going through my own but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I did the same thing last time. I filed through geico (my insurance) and the claim went through subrogation to allstate since I wasn’t at fault. Then I get reimbursed for my deductible.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:30 pm

I could have gone through hers but I thought I would get better service going through my own but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I did the same thing last time. I filed through geico (my insurance) and the claim went through subrogation to allstate since I wasn’t at fault. Then I get reimbursed for my deductible.
Yea I usually deal with the other insurance as I don’t want mine to see the “ding”. And it cuts out the middle man… unless of course you get rear ended by a Nigerian with an insurance company that went kaputt 😞
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh wow, that's cool you have the choice.

Here, the only option is to go through your own insurance, the most you can do is get your deductible back from the other insurance company.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:54 pm

Yea I usually deal with the other insurance as I don’t want mine to see the “ding”. And it cuts out the middle man… unless of course you get rear ended by a Nigerian with an insurance company that went kaputt 😞
:tits: got rear ended and it was deemed 100% not her fault. Filed a claim, but ended up fixing it myself, so insurance paid out $0, but I was met with a hefty premium increase at the next renewal due to "increased risk". Fucking scammers. Insurance is garbage, they take your money with the only intention of finding ways to take more.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:03 pm

:tits: got rear ended and it was deemed 100% not her fault. Filed a claim, but ended up fixing it myself, so insurance paid out $0, but I was met with a hefty premium increase at the next renewal due to "increased risk". Fucking scammers. Insurance is garbage, they take your money with the only intention of finding ways to take more.
Yea they are not in business to help you.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Here, the only option is to go through your own insurance, the most you can do is get your deductible back from the other insurance company.
:dat:

Here, you are fucked regardless of fault and you just have to use your own insurance and pretty much eat the deductible as they won't try that hard to recover it for you.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Yeah it's a :notbad: option. She also opened up a claim with State Farm but so far the people I've talked with at both companies have been :fullretard:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

While I'm still in limbo until the end of April, the placitis fire still burns. I wonder if I could drive an M2C for a year or two and not lose money when it comes time to sell. Prices are still bonkers but they'll probably hold on that car.

I really really really like my brother's H N. It's got so much character and makes the R feel even more dull than it already is. Maybe spice up the R a bit with some of that sweet depreciated value money I'll eventually get? I had been thinking about a catback for a while but could never justify the price tag. The resonator delete is nice but it's still fairly quiet.

Maybe a cbe, intake, DG or DAP short shifter?
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:11 pm While I'm still in limbo until the end of April, the placitis fire still burns. I wonder if I could drive an M2C for a year or two and not lose money when it comes time to sell. Prices are still bonkers but they'll probably hold on that car.

I really really really like my brother's H N. It's got so much character and makes the R feel even more dull than it already is. Maybe spice up the R a bit with some of that sweet depreciated value money I'll eventually get? I had been thinking about a catback for a while but could never justify the price tag. The resonator delete is nice but it's still fairly quiet.

M2C is a pricy sucker … I think they are around 65ish here
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:03 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:11 pm While I'm still in limbo until the end of April, the placitis fire still burns. I wonder if I could drive an M2C for a year or two and not lose money when it comes time to sell. Prices are still bonkers but they'll probably hold on that car.

Indeed they are. Most I see are right around there which IIRC is more than new. Regular M2 is nice as well and probably has lower running costs due to N55 and smaller brakes which I think allows you to run 18" wheels. I definitely prefer the seats in the M2C though.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:39 am
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:03 pm
Indeed they are. Most I see are right around there which IIRC is more than new. Regular M2 is nice as well and probably has lower running costs due to N55 and smaller brakes which I think allows you to run 18" wheels. I definitely prefer the seats in the M2C though.
At that point a new m3 is 72-3k so why not just do that…
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:03 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:39 am

At that point a new m3 is 72-3k so why not just do that…
Not a fan of the looks at all. And I think they're being marked up.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:03 pm

Yup. Their business model is literally finding ways to weasel out of paying money.

"Oh, your car is red. Well, that's a problem because we only cover red cars who get into accidents on Tuesdays and you had your accident on a Wednesday. Had it been on a Tuesday, we'd pay out, no problem. This is clearly written in your agreement in invisible ink and .0000025 font in between sections 2.1 and 2.2. If you didn't agree to the terms, you shouldn't have signed it."

It's a wonder that more adjusters don't get shot. I know I was ready to strangle the one for my basement claim.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

My chariot for the next two weeks.

I’m not sure I can do it. I might have to call the enterprise near me to see if they can swap it out.

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:14 pm My chariot for the next two weeks.

I’m not sure I can do it. I might have to call the enterprise near me to see if they can swap it out.

:gag:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:14 pm My chariot for the next two weeks.

He told me the only thing they had was a minivan and I’m all :ayfkm:

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:58 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm

He told me the only thing they had was a minivan and I’m all :ayfkm:

Well ya times are tough with no one (rental agencies) being able to get anything (new)… and record travel