Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I almost forgot about the creaking 🤣 my car did that too. That car had the chassis rigidity of a box of cheerios.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:39 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:46 pm

I put the vinyl tubing in my Mk6 as well, and agree it helped with creaking. I took them out when it got murdered by Fucking Stuart but so far have not needed to put them in the Blue Meanie as it is noticeably quieter inside than the Mk6. :notbad:
It might be time to consider grief therapy.
:howdareu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm

:dat: I am continually amazed by the seemingly ongoing :rage: about this years later. That said I think it may be a joke of sorts now?

Time to forgive and forget with Stuart, this was a 150K mile golf, not some mint 2004 NSX or V10 :manuel: R8 or something.
It had <90k, but mostly :dat:
wap

Tar wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:06 pm "Fucking Stuart" is his name.
:thankyou:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:46 pm

I put the vinyl tubing in my Mk6 as well, and agree it helped with creaking. I took them out when it got murdered by Fucking Stuart but so far have not needed to put them in the Blue Meanie as it is noticeably quieter inside than the Mk6. :notbad:
:dat:
Such disdain for a long lost event. I blame the compass
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:37 pm

Such disdain for a long lost event. I blame the compass
:triggered:

That and the CD changer.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:20 pm I almost forgot about the creaking 🤣 my car did that too. That car had the chassis rigidity of a box of cheerios.
The vinyl tubing and a unibrace was a winning combo for me in my :mk6:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:gorf: is officially paid off. :fuckyeah:

I will say these credit unions do not make it easy though. :rolleyes:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 pm :gorf: is officially paid off. :fuckyeah:

Go on.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Time for a TTRS then
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:09 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 pm :gorf: is officially paid off. :fuckyeah:

Go on.
Like most people in 2022 I tried to do it through their website. The website actually presented another issue a few months ago because they migrated to a brand new website and never told me. No email, no letter in the mail, nothing. My payments were on auto pay but I just so happen to check one day and I couldn't login. Had to call and create a new account and whatnot and just missed the penalty period by a day.

So I entered in the remaining balance and get an error message stating that to pay off the loan I need to contact them. Call them and say I want to pay off the balance.

"Okay, you can transfer from your bank account to your shared account with us and then apply it to the loan"

No. Due date is the 4th and I'd rather not wait 24-48 hours for transfers.

"Okay. You can pay by either card or bank transfer"

Give them an amex.

"That didn't work. We don't accept amex"

Give them a visa.

"That didn't work"

:rolleyes: Ok. Let me look up the account and routing info. Here it is.

"That worked"

Now come to think of it, I never received an email confirmation and the money hasn't left my account yet so another phone call will probably be in order monday.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:12 pm Time for a TTRS then
:notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:09 pm

Go on.
Like most people in 2022 I tried to do it through their website. The website actually presented another issue a few months ago because they migrated to a brand new website and never told me. No email, no letter in the mail, nothing. My payments were on auto pay but I just so happen to check one day and I couldn't login. Had to call and create a new account and whatnot and just missed the penalty period by a day.

So I entered in the remaining balance and get an error message stating that to pay off the loan I need to contact them. Call them and say I want to pay off the balance.

"Okay, you can transfer from your bank account to your shared account with us and then apply it to the loan"

Give them an amex.

Give them a visa.

"That didn't work"

"That worked"

Now come to think of it, I never received an email confirmation and the money hasn't left my account yet so another phone call will probably be in order monday.
Got it. They have the lending part figured out. Terminating the loan is a betch.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Give them an amex.

Give them a visa.

"That didn't work"

"That worked"

Got it. They have the lending part figured out. Terminating the loan is a betch.
Why do I need to speak with someone to make the final payment though?
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:12 pm Time for a TTRS then
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Give them an amex.

Give them a visa.

"That didn't work"

"That worked"

I financed the Corvette and BMW through credit unions and had pretty similar experiences. Then with the Corvette they never sent the title and I just forgot about it. Made for quite a hassle when I went to sell it five years after paying off the loan.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:29 pm

Why do I need to speak with someone to make the final payment though?
That's not too terrible but yea... it should just be a button and call it a day.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:35 am

I financed the Corvette and BMW through credit unions and had pretty similar experiences. Then with the Corvette they never sent the title and I just forgot about it. Made for quite a hassle when I went to sell it five years after paying off the loan.
Yeah, I don't want to forget about the title. They said it should be about 2 weeks before I receive it.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Goodies arrived for the :gorf: today! Yay! Ordered the stuff only yesterday and it showed up today.

I went with the tried and true Liquimoly 5W-40 stuff. Like other 2018’s and 2019’s the sticker on my car says 0W-30 while the manual says 5W-30 or 5W-40. :ohwell:

Dropping it off at the local shop Tuesday.

I also got my title in about a week. I was genuinely shocked they got it to me that fast.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:10 pm Goodies arrived for the :gorf: today! Yay! Ordered the stuff only yesterday and it showed up today.

I went with the tried and true Liquimoly 5W-40 stuff. Like other 2018’s and 2019’s the sticker on my car says 0W-30 while the manual says 5W-30 or 5W-40. :ohwell:

I also got my title in about a week. I was genuinely shocked they got it to me that fast.

:nice:

I use LiquiMoly oil as well (and the ATE 200 as mentioned a while back)! Good stuff, it should treat the car well in your autox exploits.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:10 pm Goodies arrived for the :gorf: today! Yay! Ordered the stuff only yesterday and it showed up today.

Wait you got oil but not doing your own oil change ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:37 am

Wait you got oil but not doing your own oil change ?
Correct. I know it’s easy but I don’t have all the stuff needed to do my own and supposedly the 0w-30 stuff can be tricky to find so I made it easy for them.

Also I think this is the first time ever that I’m doing a service based on time. Last oil change was November 2021 and I’ve only driven the R roughly 3600 miles since then.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Service done. Local shop only charged 60 dollhairs for the brake flush which seems pretty great. If I remember right it was closer to 200 at the :dillerman: . I'll have to go back and look to see what it was on my Mk7. I know it's a simple job but that price difference is yuuuuge. They also didn't need to open the other liter of fluid so I've got extra for next time.

Oil change came to total $93 which is :notbad: . I was only charged $25 in labor while the oil, filter, and plug totaled $68. The :dillerman: "special" is $99 but that only covers 5 quarts. Probably closer to $120.

Alignment was also $90 vs $140 at the diller.

Got it done and I didn't have to take off work and spend all day sitting in the waiting room. :mindblown: Who knew?

I know it's obvious that local is cheaper but it's been a while since I've gone elsewhere and didn't realize just how big the gap has become.
max225

That seems almost “too cheap” $60 for a brake fluid flush seems like 2002 pricing
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:25 pm That seems almost “too cheap” $60 for a brake fluid flush seems like 2002 pricing
He brought the fluid :doe: