Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:27 pm

This is just in normal spirited driving. Not pushing it nearly as hard as an autocross. I just thought I'd feel it more than I do.
What ESC setting you have it on? The bigger rear bar will try to rotate it more, the ESC will probably be more active as a result. VW ESC is way too conservative.
ESC is on but it doesn't seem to intervene much at all on the street. :iono: I'll keep driving and see how it is.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:39 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:37 pm

:word: Still, even including cost of :tuna: and clutch, it seems :notbad: for adding 25% more powah. Just depends on if you'll wind up :plac: in short order or not I guess.
Despite wanting to :plac: , it would be a terrible financial decision to do so at this point. Especially into a more "premium" car like RS3, M3, etc. I'll just be like everyone else here and get a toy, realize 2 car lyfe sucks, :plac: them both for :truk: , then :plac: the truk for a used E350.

Eventual stage 1 :tuna: seems like a nice play and I think all of them are tune at home now instead of having to take it in someplace.
If you're going to :tuna: , I would just :tuna: today. What benefit is there to waiting, it's $500 or so you'll never get back, may as well enjoy as much as you can.

As far as the car progression, seems like you understand well :evilplan: Just have to add in :jeep: somewhere along the line.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:00 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:39 am

Despite wanting to :plac: , it would be a terrible financial decision to do so at this point. Especially into a more "premium" car like RS3, M3, etc. I'll just be like everyone else here and get a toy, realize 2 car lyfe sucks, :plac: them both for :truk: , then :plac: the truk for a used E350.

Eventual stage 1 :tuna: seems like a nice play and I think all of them are tune at home now instead of having to take it in someplace.
If you're going to :tuna: , I would just :tuna: today. What benefit is there to waiting, it's $500 or so you'll never get back, may as well enjoy as much as you can.

As far as the car progression, seems like you understand well :evilplan: Just have to add in :jeep: somewhere along the line.
True but then that just accelerates the need to drop $2k+ on a clutch. I'll do light mods here and there then :tuna: . Maybe a racingline intake next.

How could I forget the :jeep: . That usually goes before :truk:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:00 pm

True but then that just accelerates the need to drop $2k+ on a clutch. I'll do light mods here and there then :tuna: . Maybe a racingline intake next.

That means I am on deck for :truk: :disgust:

Naaaahhhh... if anything I might do the TRUE :plac: ... Corvette > Corvette + BMW > Corvette > BMW > Corvette. :yesth:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Naaaahhhh... if anything I might do the TRUE :plac: ... Corvette > Corvette + BMW > Corvette > BMW > Corvette. :yesth:
This is the way. :mahman:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:37 pm

I'm on my 3rd miata and almost got a 4th. Its ok. embrace the suck.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got an email from travelers today saying the subrogation is finally settled. The arbitrators ruled in travelers favor so state farm pays 100%. It's truly amazing the lengths they've gone to avoid paying. 6 months in and that part is finally settled. :disgust:

As far as diminished value goes, my SIL recommended I write a threatening letter to both the offender and state farm about bringing them to small claims court. Haven't gotten around to doing that yet. She was going to look into how small claims works in PA.

I mean, it seems like I have a pretty open and shut case right? State farm has lost on all fronts aside from diminished value where they can deny deny deny all they want until I take them to court.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:12 am Got an email from travelers today saying the subrogation is finally settled. The arbitrators ruled in travelers favor so state farm pays 100%. It's truly amazing the lengths they've gone to avoid paying. 6 months in and that part is finally settled. :disgust:

As far as diminished value goes, my SIL recommended I write a threatening letter to both the offender and state farm about bringing them to small claims court. Haven't gotten around to doing that yet. She was going to look into how small claims works in PA.

I mean, it seems like I have a pretty open and shut case right? State farm has lost on all fronts aside from diminished value where they can deny deny deny all they want until I take them to court.
Isn't it up to Travelers to go after State Farm and they should take care of you for the diminished value? I don't understand why this is an issue. (not blaming you, just always :wtf: at general insurance behaviors)
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:21 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:12 am Got an email from travelers today saying the subrogation is finally settled. The arbitrators ruled in travelers favor so state farm pays 100%. It's truly amazing the lengths they've gone to avoid paying. 6 months in and that part is finally settled. :disgust:

Isn't it up to Travelers to go after State Farm and they should take care of you for the diminished value? I don't understand why this is an issue. (not blaming you, just always :wtf: at general insurance behaviors)
Negative. The diminished value is a separate claim that needs to be filed against the offender’s policy.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

At the :dillerman: getting my alignment done. I’ve got an insanely annoying rattle/knocking coming from what sounds like the rear passenger wheel well. Been doing it for nearly a year and apparently rattles are not covered under my SIX YEAR BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY. They’re only covered for 1 year/12k. :disgust: .

I’m probably done with diller service outside of warranty work. I can just buy the stuff I need for oil changes and drop it at my local shop before work and pick it up after as it’s a massive inconvenience going to the diller.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am At the :dillerman: getting my alignment done. I’ve got an insanely annoying rattle/knocking coming from what sounds like the rear passenger wheel well. Been doing it for nearly a year and apparently rattles are not covered under my SIX YEAR BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY. They’re only covered for 1 year/12k. :disgust: .

I’m probably done with diller service outside of warranty work. I can just buy the stuff I need for oil changes and drop it at my local shop before work and pick it up after as it’s a massive inconvenience going to the diller.
My non functioning infotainment and driveline vibration aren’t covered by my B2B on my Honda. Dealer couldn’t replicate the problem.

What would this world do without them doe
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:18 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am At the :dillerman: getting my alignment done. I’ve got an insanely annoying rattle/knocking coming from what sounds like the rear passenger wheel well. Been doing it for nearly a year and apparently rattles are not covered under my SIX YEAR BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY. They’re only covered for 1 year/12k. :disgust: .

My non functioning infotainment and driveline vibration aren’t covered by my B2B on my Honda. Dealer couldn’t replicate the problem.

:wtf:

That makes zero sense. I guess bumper to bumper warranties aren’t actually bumper to bumper. They need a big asterisk when they advertise them.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:36 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:18 am

:wtf:

That makes zero sense. I guess bumper to bumper warranties aren’t actually bumper to bumper. They need a big asterisk when they advertise them.
Oh it’s covered they just don’t care to find the issue to repair it. So is it actually covered? Like when this car pukes a driveshaft at 5 YO, it’s on me despite me telling them about the issue immediately, because they didn’t fix it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:disgust:

I dropped the :jeep: off this AM for a repair on the driver's side visor, plastic piece broke and it falls down. First warranty repair. Probably its last trip to :dillerman: as it's at 34K or something. I am going to just start doing fluids and stuff myself, it's not worth $150 for a fuckin' erl change and doing it at home is honestly less effort when they offer no form of transport for you, just have to sit there and wait for three hours.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The :jeep: must be so easy for an oil change. No need to lift it on jack stands. Just crawl under and pull the plug.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:24 am The :jeep: must be so easy for an oil change. No need to lift it on jack stands. Just crawl under and pull the plug.
I got to the point where I was able to change the oil in my Scirocco without jacking it up. I'd get my head underneath just past the bumper, stretch my arm out and remove the drain plug by feel. The filter was at the bottom of the engine near the bumper, so right by my head and I could get a OF wrench on it, again without needing to be under the car other than my head and hands. :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:51 am :disgust:

I dropped the :jeep: off this AM for a repair on the driver's side visor, plastic piece broke and it falls down. First warranty repair. Probably its last trip to :dillerman: as it's at 34K or something. I am going to just start doing fluids and stuff myself, it's not worth $150 for a fuckin' erl change and doing it at home is honestly less effort when they offer no form of transport for you, just have to sit there and wait for three hours.
Why the fuck are they charging $150 for an oil change? that's what Mercedes charges for 9 quarts of oil...

Also do you not have a Mopar express lane or whatever?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I’m still at the :dillerman: for rattle, alignment, shifter. Dude hasn’t even gotten to the alignment yet and I got here at 9:15. Not waiting another hour. Local shop will do it. :disgust: with this shit any more
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:41 pm

Why the fuck are they charging $150 for an oil change? that's what Mercedes charges for 9 quarts of oil...

Seems normal for a dillerman? That’s around what mine is and The R is 6 quarts
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:49 pm

Hmm... :iono: I'm paying $55.88 in commifornia
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:52 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:49 pm

At the :dillerman: ? :mindblown:

My diller service “special” is $99 but that’s only for 5 quarts. Gotta add one more for the R and then it’s close to $150 I bet
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:56 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:52 pm

At the :dillerman: ? :mindblown:

My diller service “special” is $99 but that’s only for 5 quarts. Gotta add one more for the R and then it’s close to $150 I bet
Yep. At the Honderp :dillerman: but perhaps it is a :unicorn: thing...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It may have been like $130 or something, I don't recall exactly. But that was the price and I said I won't be back. The first two years they were free so we did that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:48 pm I’m still at the :dillerman: for rattle, alignment, shifter. Dude hasn’t even gotten to the alignment yet and I got here at 9:15. Not waiting another hour. Local shop will do it. :disgust: with this shit any more
Yeah... I asked this :dillerman: about what time it would be done this AM. He seemed perplexed as to why I would want to know that... then said 'probably like noon'. It's now almost 3 and :crickets:

This is all over a broken sun visor... should be like a 15 minute job max and they said they have the part in stock.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:39 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:48 pm I’m still at the :dillerman: for rattle, alignment, shifter. Dude hasn’t even gotten to the alignment yet and I got here at 9:15. Not waiting another hour. Local shop will do it. :disgust: with this shit any more
Yeah... I asked this :dillerman: about what time it would be done this AM. He seemed perplexed as to why I would want to know that... then said 'probably like noon'. It's now almost 3 and :crickets:

This is all over a broken sun visor... should be like a 15 minute job max and they said they have the part in stock.
My trip to the :dillerman: today went like this. I arrived for these issues at 9:15 AM.
  • Alignment
  • Short shifter. Didn’t want to break something. I know :pussy:
  • A/C slow to cool
  • Rattle
They blame the rattle on the stuff that’s in the hatch which is just my air compressor and a tire pressure gauge. He claims to have heard it and removed the stuff which “solved” it. Not sure I buy it but I’ll try it myself later. It definitely sounded like it was coming from the rear right wheel well. Thankfully they didn’t charge me for it but they nickel and dimed me elsewhere….

A/C can’t get looked at because she assigned it to a tech who isn’t certified on the A/C system. My fault, I forgot to mention it when I checked in. Not certified on A/C though???

I ask for an update around noon on where we’re at and she says he’s still working on the shifter. I was quoted an hour and a half which is too much but that seems to be the rate. Could probably be done in 30 minutes.

Around 1 o’clock I overhear another guy asking for an update on his car and the service advisor said another 25-30 minutes to get it off the rack. Last I remember this diller only has one alignment rack. I ask my advisor if the alignment has even been done on my car yet which it hasn’t so I tell them :nope: , not doing it today. Finally get out of there at 1:15. Had I waited for the alignment I probably would’ve been there till 3, maybe 3:30.

Since I scrapped the alignment they overcharged me on the shifter. It “took longer than expected” and was 2 and a half hours :ayfkm:

Overall, I’m done taking it in unless it’s for warranty stuff. I can’t do that anymore.