Richard is a Miata addict.

Strut your greasy stuff!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

wap wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 pm

So far the review is 5/7. Here’s what I have so far.

It looks SICK in person. I don’t know if I’m gonna change the front at all.

The grip and confidence going around a circular on ramp is supernatural for this class of car. The fact that they put PS4S on here stock should tell you everything.

The back seat is H U G E. Headroom? Loads. My hair would brush the top in the miata if I sat up straight. I have more than enough room for a helmet in the N when I’m fully up straight.

The dual personality of this car is incredible. I was SHOCKED at just how much the exhaust shuts up when you put it in normal. Zero drone. It vanishes. In sport+ the exhaust pops are borderline obnoxious, but not MHD BMW insane. The suspension in normal mode is perfectly liveable. It can be a great commuter car. Tap the N button and you can FLY.

Rev matching feature is pretty neat. Works great.

The seats are super comfy and have a massive wow factor. If you have thicc thunder thighs like me you can feel a little cramped and pressed in after an hour and a half. As far as bottom thigh support, it’s great. No floating legs like I was plagued with in the miata.

Manual itself is good. If you’ve driven a manual brz or frs, it’s pretty much the same as that. Clutch feels damn near identical. Definitely gonna miss the :meata: ‘s linear clutch. Why does everything have the stupid spring part way up the travel? Ugh.

Everything on the inside seems to work good. Hate the gloss black plastic. I might wrap it. Fuck that stuff when its scratched up and fingerprinty. Other than that? Totally fine.
I've seen a few of these around me and they are pretty cool looking. Kinda loud, but nowhere near CTR levels :lol: . I like 'em. I just wish they still made the hatch version :( , but they seem to have gone all in with the Lobster as their hot hatch offering.
Need more pics, :doe: , including the interior.
Will do. I’m at the DMV signing over :cheese: rn and I’m helping swap a turbo on a mk7 the rest of today so it might be a bit.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

RLWake wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:44 am
wap wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 am

I've seen a few of these around me and they are pretty cool looking. Kinda loud, but nowhere near CTR levels :lol: . I like 'em. I just wish they still made the hatch version :( , but they seem to have gone all in with the Lobster as their hot hatch offering.
Need more pics, :doe: , including the interior.
Will do. I’m at the DMV signing over :cheese: rn and I’m helping swap a turbo on a mk7 the rest of today so it might be a bit.
No rush, :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice dude, congrats! Seems like a great car, would definitely take over a GLI. The Veloster sport or whatever it’s called (one below N) I drove was really nice.

Fun fact, the NC and FRS/86/BRZ is the same :manuel:

I’m definitely in4content on this thing and get the new :cheese: owner in here!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also curious to hear the story of the :dillerman: 2021 tomfoolery.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:48 am Nice dude, congrats! Seems like a great car, would definitely take over a GLI. The Veloster sport or whatever it’s called (one below N) I drove was really nice.

They’re really the same transmission??? My car and a 2020 BRZ I drove couldn’t have felt more different in the shifter.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:48 am Also curious to hear the story of the :dillerman: 2021 tomfoolery.
:dillerman: wasn’t bad, actually. Pretty easy. Diller as a whole had a fucking dumb policy of not holding a car more than the same business day… I made my ass to the bank to get the check a literal 2 minutes before they closed. That was unnecessarily stressful. Would have preferred to come back friday morning with the payment but nooooo.

These Elantra N’s are marked up to the :tits: everywhere. I paid a smidge over msrp but with no dealer fee, I don’t feel shafted.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Oh wow over msrp ?! :(
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:21 pm Oh wow over msrp ?! :(
Yeah. Car’s perfect. $1500 over is worth it. Just pretend I bought an auto and it evens out.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:01 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:48 am Nice dude, congrats! Seems like a great car, would definitely take over a GLI. The Veloster sport or whatever it’s called (one below N) I drove was really nice.

The auto is the same, the :manuel: is not.

Aisin A960E/TB65SN.
Yeah didn’t Mazda develop their own MT for it?
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

New :cheese: owner checking in here! :hai:

I’ve got a post over in welcome wagon but I should get around to making a garage post in member’s rides as well. My car + family’s cars

Just been too busy having fun in the cheese car and wrenching on little bro’s Golf getting an IS20 turbo swap and stuff.

Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
wap

adoob wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:10 pm

I’ve got a post over in welcome wagon but I should get around to making a garage post in member’s rides as well. My car + family’s cars

Just been too busy having fun in the cheese car and wrenching on little bro’s Golf getting an IS20 turbo swap and stuff.

:howdy:
Deets on bro's Golf?
max225

:whalecum: to the forum breh
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

wap wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:40 pm
Deets on bro's Golf?
Deets in my post over in Member's Rides, finally posted.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Looks sick dude! Stoked for you. Wouldn't mind one of these over my basic bitch Elantra.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Welcome man, thanks for stopping by! :popcorn: on the rides thread, I'll check it out shortly.
wap

adoob wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:45 am
wap wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:40 pm
Deets on bro's Golf?
Deets in my post over in Member's Rides, finally posted.
Saw it, :like:
Keep the updates coming on it, too.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Aside from the current bout of Rona, life’s been pretty good.

This EN is good shit, lads and laddesses.

Breezed through a 1200 mile trip to see family (no, I didnt get covid from that). Finally started beating on it. I was worried I’d regret not buying something with muh wubwubwubwubwub v8 :burnout: but I regret nothing with this car.

Exhaust is plenty entertaining. It’s gonna be impossible to convince a cop to not give me a ticket for the BANGs that come of the stock exhaust. Pretty quick too. They’re dynoing at 260whp stock (dynojet). Hyundai is underrating the hell out of it. It’s also super grippy for a fwd car. I kind of forget it’s fwd, honestly. The e-diff is voodoo. The confidence is addictive.

It’s hella sweet having a practical car with space again. Roomy as hell back seats, way more room than a Kia Stinger, massive trunk, comfy ride, an exhaust that shuts the fuck up with a button press… pretty great.

Oh yeah… and HEADROOM. The fuck is it with cars and not having enough headroom? Megan’s new ILX? My hair is brushing the roof with the seat all the way down like it did in the miata. So dumb. If I wanted to sit up high I’d have bought a mommymobile or a :truk: Hyundai figured it out with the Elantra. I EASILY have room for a helmet in there while sitting up completely straight.

Seats? Baller. Light up logos on the seats? Fuckin sick. The car oozes special-ness.

:manuel: was 100% the right choice. I couldnt give 2 fucke about how much faster the DCT is. I’m having more fun.

This car is unmatched. I really don’t think it has a close rival right now. GLI? Slower. No track goodies. SI? MUCH slower. Cheaper, sure, but it’ll get dusted. WRX? I mean… look at it. Don’t mention the CVT or throwout bearings. goRf? $10k more… and for what? Some awd? That does NOT feel like $45k or whatever :dillerman: s are cucking people into. Hype R is probably the closest rival but the new one isn’t out yet and the old ones are expensive and aging on the inside. It’s also probably the only other one that feels as special.

Funny thing is that this thing is $600 cheaper than a Veloster N and is a better car in almost every way…

Anyways, 5/7, go buy one if you can find one from a non- :poop: :dillerman:
wap

RLWake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:53 pm Aside from the current bout of Rona, life’s been pretty good.

This EN is good shit, lads and laddesses.

Breezed through a 1200 mile trip to see family (no, I didnt get covid from that). Finally started beating on it. I was worried I’d regret not buying something with muh wubwubwubwubwub v8 :burnout: but I regret nothing with this car.

Exhaust is plenty entertaining. It’s gonna be impossible to convince a cop to not give me a ticket for the BANGs that come of the stock exhaust. Pretty quick too. They’re dynoing at 260whp stock (dynojet). Hyundai is underrating the hell out of it. It’s also super grippy for a fwd car. I kind of forget it’s fwd, honestly. The e-diff is voodoo. The confidence is addictive.

It’s hella sweet having a practical car with space again. Roomy as hell back seats, way more room than a Kia Stinger, massive trunk, comfy ride, an exhaust that shuts the fuck up with a button press… pretty great.

Oh yeah… and HEADROOM. The fuck is it with cars and not having enough headroom? Megan’s new ILX? My hair is brushing the roof with the seat all the way down like it did in the miata. So dumb. If I wanted to sit up high I’d have bought a mommymobile or a :truk: Hyundai figured it out with the Elantra. I EASILY have room for a helmet in there while sitting up completely straight.

Seats? Baller. Light up logos on the seats? Fuckin sick. The car oozes special-ness.

:manuel: was 100% the right choice. I couldnt give 2 fucke about how much faster the DCT is. I’m having more fun.

This car is unmatched. I really don’t think it has a close rival right now. GLI? Slower. No track goodies. SI? MUCH slower. Cheaper, sure, but it’ll get dusted. WRX? I mean… look at it. Don’t mention the CVT or throwout bearings. goRf? $10k more… and for what? Some awd? That does NOT feel like $45k or whatever :dillerman: s are cucking people into. Hype R is probably the closest rival but the new one isn’t out yet and the old ones are expensive and aging on the inside. It’s also probably the only other one that feels as special.

Funny thing is that this thing is $600 cheaper than a Veloster N and is a better car in almost every way…

Anyways, 5/7, go buy one if you can find one from a non- :poop: :dillerman:
5/7 review. Glad you're enjoying it. :like:

Always up for more pics...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat:
It sounds like a fantastic car!
max225

Glad you dig it ! Nice to have some variety in here
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

This makes me want to find one to test drive...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:07 am This makes me want to find one to test drive...
Do it, it’s seriously good :poop:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

There’s a trim piece thats been missing on the car since I bought it. It’s the glossy black driver’s side B pillar trim on the rear door. They told me “yeah when they were taking it off the truck we accidentally scratched the hell out of that piece so we’re gonna mail you a new one.” I’m like “ok whatever.”

Now this stupid thing is on backorder with no date estimate. Its the first thing everyone asks when they see the car “oh what happened here.” Might have to go hunting for a crashed elantra to pull one off of… ugh. I kinda wish they kept the old one so we could just repaint it and slap it on.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Glad you're loving the car man, you just inspired me to check out some of the vids on this car, looks amazing, especially for the money. It feels like we're coming into a good time for this segment with the KPOP wagon and new Si plus a few other entrants.

Definitely in for more updates as you live with it. How is fuel economy so far over the miles you've done. Have you used 87 or 93 octane?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

RLWake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:07 am This makes me want to find one to test drive...
Do it, it’s seriously good :poop:
:dillerman: here has a DCT version coming in, but I'm like you... :manuel: or nothing in a car like this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.