Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:25 am
$43k compared to $80k or whatever the Defender is :scrooge: IMO.

First gen Toyota trucks are :megusta: :fullretard: but :megusta:
My defender order is 65k. But apples to oranges here. Trd pro is closer to my defender, and that’s 54k. None are :scrooge:

Yea I drove the in laws first gen to pick up a Christmas tree and that thing is still kicking pretty good with 250k miles of 0 maintenance
Well, my assumption was that maybe you could make due with apples instead of oranges with a $43k thing, but :iono: A TuRD Bro 4R just doesn't make a ton of sense IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:57 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:28 am

My defender order is 65k. But apples to oranges here. Trd pro is closer to my defender, and that’s 54k. None are :scrooge:

Yea I drove the in laws first gen to pick up a Christmas tree and that thing is still kicking pretty good with 250k miles of 0 maintenance
Well, my assumption was that maybe you could make due with apples instead of oranges with a $43k thing, but :iono: A TuRD Bro 4R just doesn't make a ton of sense IMO.
Yea and you can’t even get one at sticker anywhere + impossible wait times with 20 people in line for a 2 vehicle allocation . Kinda :(
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:59 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:57 am
Yea and you can’t even get one at sticker anywhere + impossible wait times with 20 people in line for a 2 vehicle allocation . Kinda :(
There's a dealer a few hours from me in the middle of nowhere (no idea how it's even a dealer still) that happened to get a 4R TuRD Bro allocation in the bright green color. I contacted them and they'd sell it at MSRP ($54k) and it's scheduled to come in next week and it's not spoken for. They don't seem to know that it's a rare vehicle. Complete anomaly, but when I showed the wife pictures she :nope: out hard at the color claiming it would be "embarrassing to drive in".

:ohwell:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:08 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:59 am

There's a dealer a few hours from me in the middle of nowhere (no idea how it's even a dealer still) that happened to get a 4R TuRD Bro allocation in the bright green color. I contacted them and they'd sell it at MSRP ($54k) and it's scheduled to come in next week and it's not spoken for. They don't seem to know that it's a rare vehicle. Complete anomaly, but when I showed the wife pictures she :nope: out hard at the color claiming it would be "embarrassing to drive in".

Interesting … yea that’s an anomaly or perhaps the shifting market ? Who knows.

That Electric Lime or whatever it’s called for 2022 is a tough color to swallow imo. The 20 had the green the 21 lunar rock. Imo they should have made it some sort of blue in 22 but they decided to go :fullretard:

My local :dillerman: sold 11 Tacomas over the last 4 days … insane
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:12 am

Interesting … yea that’s an anomaly or perhaps the shifting market ? Who knows.

That Electric Lime or whatever it’s called for 2022 is a tough color to swallow imo. The 20 had the green the 21 lunar rock. Imo they should have made it some sort of blue in 22 but they decided to go :fullretard:

My local :dillerman: sold 11 Tacomas over the last 4 days … insane
We parked next to an Army Green TuRD Sport yesterday at Costco, and the color is fantastic. First time we've been able to see it in person, 5/7 what we both want. Would look :tits: on an ORP.

I wish we could see the bright ass green in person. Some pictures make it look less green and more silver/gold/green which could be OK. I like bright colors, so NBD to me, but after seeing the Army Green, wife is sold on that. I think it's a more generally likeable color anyway.

Tacoma availability seems to be opening up quite a bit, my dealer has a bunch. They're all black, white, or gray, but they're there. Pent up demand might be met by January or so in many areas..
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:24 am

:yuno:

:bruh:

That color is awesome.
Have you seen it IRL? Just curious how eye searing it is.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wife has to travel for work next week, so part of me is tempted to go buy this thing and just see what she says after. I could probably sell it for more than I paid for it including taxes if it turns out to be THAT embarrassing?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:27 am Wife has to travel for work next week, so part of me is tempted to go buy this thing and just see what she says after. I could probably sell it for more than I paid for it including taxes if it turns out to be THAT embarrassing?
Turd bro at sticker will not lose money for at least 12 months. You’re comparing it to your green OF Premium ?

This one has auto headlights :lolgasm:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:27 am Wife has to travel for work next week, so part of me is tempted to go buy this thing and just see what she says after. I could probably sell it for more than I paid for it including taxes if it turns out to be THAT embarrassing?
Turd bro at sticker will not lose money for at least 12 months. You’re comparing it to your green OF Premium ?

Yea, a TuRD Bro vs the TuRD ORP we have coming in eventually. The objection from :tits: is that the color is "embarrassing".

Auto headlights :doe: ... :lolol:

Bird in the hand...this thing is confirmed available at MSRP next week, which lines up with the Cucktrek offer. The ORP I have my name on is still "on the ship" floating somewhere in the Pacific. Which probably makes it at least another month out.

I'd have to figure out how to drive myself 2 hours to the middle of nowhere to get the Bro, but could be a worthwhile adventure. :tits: might lose her shit if she comes home to this thing, but ask for forgiveness and/or hope the green isn't "embarrassing" when she sees it IRL?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:30 am

Yea, a TuRD Bro vs the TuRD ORP we have coming in eventually. The objection from :tits: is that the color is "embarrassing".

Bird in the hand...this thing is confirmed available at MSRP next week, which lines up with the Cucktrek offer. The ORP I have my name on is still "on the ship" floating somewhere in the Pacific. Which probably makes it at least another month out.

I'd have to figure out how to drive myself 2 hours to the middle of nowhere to get the Bro, but could be a worthwhile adventure. :tits: might lose her shit if she comes home to this thing, but ask for forgiveness and/or hope the green isn't "embarrassing" when she sees it IRL?
A bro is a bro. A OR is a dime a dozen. :iono: about :tits: personally I would much rather bro even in the “shitty” color. Sometimes they age much better than other colors. Everyone HATED Phoenix yellow on the e46 M3 and called it diarrhea yellow etc… now it’s sought after
max225

ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:38 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:25 am
Have you seen it IRL? Just curious how eye searing it is.
The Tacoma is more eye-searing, I actually didn't realize the T4R and Taco got different shades of lime.

:ohdang:

This might actually be more acceptable than I realized...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:42 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 am

A bro is a bro. A OR is a dime a dozen. :iono: about :tits: personally I would much rather bro even in the “shitty” color. Sometimes they age much better than other colors. Everyone HATED Phoenix yellow on the e46 M3 and called it diarrhea yellow etc… now it’s sought after
OR isn't a dime a dozen where we live. Just seeing a 4R at all is pretty rare. I don't think there's enough special with the Bro to make it worth it to me personally, but the resale is undeniable.

I personally like the color. :tits: is the irrational one when it comes to these sorts of things. But without seeing it in person, it's impossible to gauge her :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:44 am https://www.carmax.com/car/21013779?utm ... ppShareiOS

Here is one at carmax for 71k
That's just right now. I doubt there would be much profit opportunity in 6 months, but probably wouldn't lose much?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:42 am

OR isn't a dime a dozen where we live. Just seeing a 4R at all is pretty rare. I don't think there's enough special with the Bro to make it worth it to me personally, but the resale is undeniable.

I personally like the color. :tits: is the irrational one when it comes to these sorts of things. But without seeing it in person, it's impossible to gauge her :rage:
Turd gets you
Fox shocks with remote reservoirs
Iconic and super strong skid plate
Roof rack
Moonroof
MTM screen/cameras
Jbl 15 speaker stereo
Exclusive color (:whocares:) I suppose
Different floor mats and seat embroidery
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:55 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 am

Turd gets you
Fox shocks with remote reservoirs
Iconic and super strong skid plate
Roof rack
Moonroof
MTM screen/cameras
Jbl 15 speaker stereo
Exclusive color (:whocares:) I suppose
Different floor mats and seat embroidery
Turd gets you
Fox shocks with remote reservoirs - Kinda cool, doesn't matter for me/where I am
Iconic and super strong skid plate - It's the same as the OR one that I can find, just has the TuRD painted :whocares:
Roof rack - Don't want it, I want to put the RTT up there, so I think I'd have to figure out how to remove it, actually
Moonroof - So does the ORP I have on order
MTM screen/cameras - Oh great, more crappy cameras...the BU camera blows, I can't imagine this is that great
Jbl 15 speaker stereo - :notbad:
Exclusive color (:whocares:) I suppose - :whocares:
Different floor mats and seat embroidery - Seats look the same as the ORP to me with red TuRD embroidery.

I just don't see the "value" in normal times, but we're not in normal times so :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Color looks pretty awesome to me... :iono: :tits: logic, :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wow, that pic looks like shit on here... :ohwell:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Posted three days ago... Man I love the retractable cover, dirty watermelon holding compartment, and moveable rails. This truck is dynamite:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This color is dope.

ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:32 pm This color is dope.

:notsure: Never seen that before.

I think that's Lunar with some sort of filter applied, it's far more grey IRL from what I've seen. Still a cool color :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:34 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:32 pm This color is dope.

:notsure: Never seen that before.

I think that's Lunar with some sort of filter applied, it's far more grey IRL from what I've seen. Still a cool color :doe:
I think that’s “cement” from 2017
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:29 pm Posted three days ago... Man I love the retractable cover, dirty watermelon holding compartment, and moveable rails. This truck is dynamite:
Yea it’s great except it doesn’t exist
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:29 pm Posted three days ago... Man I love the retractable cover, dirty watermelon holding compartment, and moveable rails. This truck is dynamite:
Two work friends flew to Illinois to start working at their assembly plant over a month ago. I think that they are pumping these out by the new year. Everything is ready to go including supply chain local to me.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:46 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 pm

Two work friends flew to Illinois to start working at their assembly plant over a month ago. I think that they are pumping these out by the new year. Everything is ready to go including supply chain local to me.
According to the rivian forums (pasted the customer service update) the “launch” edition delivery window is June/July 2022. The other editions will be 2023 orders … nuts.

I made a rivian to my liking… it’s 80k :doe: 90k with a bigger battery. That seems like a lot of cashoola