2020 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm Dude have you sat in a newer Lincoln? They are :amazing:

I went to last year's auto show and they had better interiors than any of the Euro brands hands down.
Interiors in the Navigator and Aviator are fantastic, for sure. But those are new vehicles, and that's a really recent development in the last few years. Older ones were really bad...and that's there the "deals" are.
:notwrong: Like the :mahtroy: Lincoln that was the same as our Fusion.

But Mario is looking for a luxo cruiser a couple years down the line after using up the :gorf: They might be cheap then. I assume they will still depreciate a lot because they're American cars that aren't :truckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I still like the idea of a beater LS, V8 motor and overall brick shithouse strong drivetrain, comfy and quiet, fantastic optics for my parking endeavors at ground zero of my most visited client, no unreliable tech issues, no sentimental connection to the paint/body-just drive it for five years and sell it for 50% of the purchase price (losing the average 2k/yr plus taxes and repairs). German stuff is a bit too complex to work on and has too many sensors.

I'm curious to see how long I can make the :gorf: last, short of a small trunk I am rarely let down by it. I will likely have the extended warranty for two more years and will probably do a set of new winter tars this year, and brakes next year. The only think I insist the dealer do with it is change the DSG fluid, that is one expensive item to fix and I don't want any excuses when it comes to covering it under the warranty plan. Haldex ditto, the dealer service is only marginally more expensive then DIY, kits are 2/3 the total price. Besides that I started to do my own oil/filters/maintenance items, the plugs looked good when I pulled them and the car is 5/7 reliable. The 'Yoda peeps might be looking at a blue german hatchback for years to come... haha sorry!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:03 am
Interiors in the Navigator and Aviator are fantastic, for sure. But those are new vehicles, and that's a really recent development in the last few years. Older ones were really bad...and that's there the "deals" are.

But Mario is looking for a luxo cruiser a couple years down the line after using up the :gorf: They might be cheap then. I assume they will still depreciate a lot because they're American cars that aren't :truckyeah:
:dat:
Nobody else wants cars, they are a dime/dozen which I'm great with. Three years from now anything brand new being sold now will be 50% depreciated putting me squarely into new poverty car offerings like the Shitvic/Whorolla/Jetta range so I'll set the budget there and see how nice of a reliable used vehicle I can find.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

What Lincoln cars are even left with nice interiors? The Continental? And that was discontinued this year.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:30 am

What Lincoln cars are even left with nice interiors? The Continental? And that was discontinued this year.
Yup they ain’t there
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don't know what any of them are called, :aintcare: about luxo barges, but they had various sedan(s)/SUVs at the auto show and they impressed me more than any other vehicles there.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:50 am
I don't know what any of them are called, :aintcare: about luxo barges, but they had various sedan(s)/SUVs at the auto show and they impressed me more than any other vehicles there.
The SUVs are all on the newer side and really nice. The Continental was really the last new car with a good/unique interior. Sadly, it didn't last very long.

The other sedans were really partsbin with a bunch of crappy plastics and whatnot from Ferd models.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:11 am I still like the idea of a beater LS, V8 motor and overall brick shithouse strong drivetrain, comfy and quiet, fantastic optics for my parking endeavors at ground zero of my most visited client, no unreliable tech issues, no sentimental connection to the paint/body-just drive it for five years and sell it for 50% of the purchase price (losing the average 2k/yr plus taxes and repairs). German stuff is a bit too complex to work on and has too many sensors.

I'm curious to see how long I can make the :gorf: last, short of a small trunk I am rarely let down by it. I will likely have the extended warranty for two more years and will probably do a set of new winter tars this year, and brakes next year. The only think I insist the dealer do with it is change the DSG fluid, that is one expensive item to fix and I don't want any excuses when it comes to covering it under the warranty plan. Haldex ditto, the dealer service is only marginally more expensive then DIY, kits are 2/3 the total price. Besides that I started to do my own oil/filters/maintenance items, the plugs looked good when I pulled them and the car is 5/7 reliable. The 'Yoda peeps might be looking at a blue german hatchback for years to come... haha sorry!
Yeah I get it, those V8s are :nice: and they are cars built to last.

I would love a GS-F with a :manuel: if I had long commuting in my life. The car nor the circumstance exists though.

My old Beemah would be an epic long haul commuting vehicle, but I hear you on preferring Japanese.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

GS 350/bread
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I like these better then the GS because they come V8 which is pretty rad, I'd opt for good winter tars and the RWD spec and occasionally do dog-nuts in snowy lots.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cit ... 1518286419
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:12 pm I like these better then the GS because they come V8 which is pretty rad, I'd opt for good winter tars and the RWD spec and occasionally do dog-nuts in snowy lots.

You could get a GS with the V8 too...at least in the US you could. They're :lolol: because of the size and sound fantastic.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:31 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:12 pm I like these better then the GS because they come V8 which is pretty rad, I'd opt for good winter tars and the RWD spec and occasionally do dog-nuts in snowy lots.

You could get a GS with the V8 too...at least in the US you could. They're :lolol: because of the size and sound fantastic.
They are really rare and come with a hefty pricetag, I have yet to see one listed used this side of the border. Would be cool enough that I'd jump on it over and LS if I could get my hands on one.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I almost bought a one owner M45 last month but was about 5 min too slow to pull the trigger. I would have loved that AZN V8 cruiser
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:13 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:50 pm I almost bought a one owner M45 last month but was about 5 min too slow to pull the trigger. I would have loved that AZN V8 cruiser
Which gen?

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:25 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:15 am

I always thought that one was very cool in a JDM take on an American barge kinda way.
Yep I'm still bummed about it a month later.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Corolla Hybrid incoming.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:15 am Corolla Hybrid incoming.
:wat: you best be talking about a hybrid cayenne
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:55 am
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:15 am Corolla Hybrid incoming.
30000 miles a year at 52 sticker MPG. $22,000. 3 oil changes a year, $150 in annual maintenance. $1500 in fuel costs at $2.50/gal. Hybrid system warrantied for 150k miles. Total commuter appliance.

I brought one home last night and got just under 61MPG on the 34 mile highway commute I'm doing right now. New (old) commute is 51 miles each way.

I'll employee lease a 718 next summer.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:20 pm

30000 miles a year at 52 sticker MPG. $22,000. 3 oil changes a year, $150 in annual maintenance. $1500 in fuel costs at $2.50/gal. Hybrid system warrantied for 150k miles. Total commuter appliance.

I brought one home last night and got just under 61MPG on the 34 mile highway commute I'm doing right now. New (old) commute is 51 miles each way.

Added
Desertbreh

Ultimate NFG machine.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:17 pm

Ultimate NFG machine.
It really is.

I can’t decide on color.

Silver, blue or black.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Ultimate NFG machine.
It really is.

I can’t decide on color.

Silver, blue or black.
The silver is 100 NFG paint, black is the hardest to keep clean (MFG), and the blue is my personal favorite.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm considering the Corolla hybrid as a future DD vehicle, thanks in part to lib-cucks ( :lol: ) adding another $.80 per gallon in straight-up carbon taxes within the next four years.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Ultimate NFG machine.
It really is.

I can’t decide on color.

Silver, blue or black.
There's only one answer here.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:38 pm

It really is.

I can’t decide on color.

Silver, blue or black.
The silver is 100 NFG paint, black is the hardest to keep clean (MFG), and the blue is my personal favorite.
And :dat: is it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.