Zilchaus - pinshitting in the foothills

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

4zilch wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:58 pm https://www.costco.com/newage-products- ... 21033.html

I'm pulling the trigger on this for my garage. I'm OK with the poverty "Bold" series.
:fuckyeah:

Nothing wrong with the Bold, I just really want the ability to keep moto gear and large odd shaped tools behind closed doors. I did a lot of hand wringing over the additional cost.
In your case, it's worth the extra cost IMO. I don't have lots of gear and odd shaped things to store...mostly just odds and ends like car care crap, paint, and basic normal tools.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 am This forum is dangerous... I'm trying not to consider a garage revamp. :boner:

:woodplow: that setup, :like:
I've been doing hodgepodge storage solutions in garages for years...and since I'm starting fresh, might as well do it right for once.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 am This forum is dangerous... I'm trying not to consider a garage revamp. :boner:

:woodplow: that setup, :like:
I've been doing hodgepodge storage solutions in garages for years...and since I'm starting fresh, might as well do it right for once.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Fence installation begins on the 13th. #itsaboutfuckingtime
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:nuke:

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Oh man that driveway is sooooo ready to be stained. When can I stop by?

Congrats on the cabinets they look huge.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 pm Oh man that driveway is sooooo ready to be stained. When can I stop by?

Yeah, they’re yuuge

Pro tip 1. Don’t do this shit in the rain

Tip 2. Don’t unpack this shit by yourself

Tip 3. Pay for the installation services (if available)

(I didn’t follow any of that advise)

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

those are pretty
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:42 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 pm Oh man that driveway is sooooo ready to be stained. When can I stop by?

Yeah, they’re yuuge

:excited:

I just got the call that mine are ready to be delivered. These are good tips.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:21 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Yeah, they’re yuuge

I don’t know how yours are getting delivered - however, mine were delivered via freight carrier (R & L carriers) via 53’ semi-trailer with a lift gate. The driver and I had to maneuver the pallets and pallet jack and struggled to get one of the pallets over the lip on the driveway, so just a heads up. If you’re driveway is sloped you’re SOL and they’ll leave the pallets at the end of the drive, or you’ll have to schedule another method of delivery.

If you haven’t watched NewAge’s unboxing vid, it’s pretty helpful. Cabinets and shelves will be inside the big cabinets, so empty all of that before tipping the cabinets off of the pallets.

The cabinets themselves are super nice. Really impressed with the build quality. The tool boxes I ordered are nice as well. Overall, I’m super happy with the products. However they should spend some time sorting through their home delivery carriers process - I think they’d serve themselves a bit better to find carriers that can provide a “white glove” style service.
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:17 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:21 pm

I don’t know how yours are getting delivered - however, mine were delivered via freight carrier (R & L carriers) via 53’ semi-trailer with a lift gate. The driver and I had to maneuver the pallets and pallet jack and struggled to get one of the pallets over the lip on the driveway, so just a heads up. If you’re driveway is sloped you’re SOL and they’ll leave the pallets at the end of the drive, or you’ll have to schedule another method of delivery.

If you haven’t watched NewAge’s unboxing vid, it’s pretty helpful. Cabinets and shelves will be inside the big cabinets, so empty all of that before tipping the cabinets off of the pallets.

The cabinets themselves are super nice. Really impressed with the build quality. The tool boxes I ordered are nice as well. Overall, I’m super happy with the products. However they should spend some time sorting through their home delivery carriers process - I think they’d serve themselves a bit better to find carriers that can provide a “white glove” style service.
Yea, Roadrunner freight is delivering...scheduled for Monday.

I do have a lip at the end of the driveway and a slope...so I guess I'm fucked. I also will have to somehow move everything by myself from the street to the garage. Maybe I can lay them into my truck bed somehow...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:49 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:17 am

I do have a lip at the end of the driveway and a slope...so I guess I'm fucked. I also will have to somehow move everything by myself from the street to the garage. Maybe I can lay them into my truck bed somehow...
Load the pallet into the truck bed off the freight truck.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 am

:notbad:

POintless bed coming in to save the day.

Can a pallet fit between ze wheel wells though?
ChrisoftheNorth

I don't know if they can, but I'll ask.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:07 am

I use my pointless bed all the time. I guess I'm the only person.

I don't even care if it fits between the wheel wells...I just need to move the pallet down my driveway ~100 feet should fit with the tailgate down well enough for that purpose.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:17 pm

I don't even care if it fits between the wheel wells...I just need to move the pallet down my driveway ~100 feet should fit with the tailgate down well enough for that purpose.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If the driver will wait for each pallet while you do that, that seems like the :fuckyeah: way to go, that will be way easier than a fucking pallet jack uphill :disgust:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Rent an open uhaul trailer for the day. Unload pallets directly onto that.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

YO!

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm Rent an open uhaul trailer for the day. Unload pallets directly onto that.
Could work too...but I'm not sure it's much easier than the truck bed. I have no idea how many pallets I'm getting :doe:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm Rent an open uhaul trailer for the day. Unload pallets directly onto that.
Could work too...but I'm not sure it's much easier than the truck bed. I have no idea how many pallets I'm getting :doe:
Yeah I was assuming a bunch of pallets.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Could work too...but I'm not sure it's much easier than the truck bed. I have no idea how many pallets I'm getting :doe:
Yeah I was assuming a bunch of pallets.
They apparently nest the small cabinets into the bigger ones...which could result in two or three pallets tops.

Realistically, it'll be 10 and they'll only drop them on the street because of the incline of my driveway apron and I'll be moving each piece individually to the garage in my truck while it's snowing/raining.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:21 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:17 pm Yeah I was assuming a bunch of pallets.
They apparently nest the small cabinets into the bigger ones...which could result in two or three pallets tops.

Realistically, it'll be 10 and they'll only drop them on the street because of the incline of my driveway apron and I'll be moving each piece individually to the garage in my truck while it's snowing/raining.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Lay cabinets on a creeper, one of the ones with the big rubber tires, and tow them with buckbuck
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:21 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:17 pm Yeah I was assuming a bunch of pallets.

https://vimeo.com/204258988

Worse case that that you can tip cabinets into the bed of the truck