Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Did your E350 come with the monroney?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:51 pm Did your E350 come with the monroney?
Unfortunately no. But there are plenty of Vin decoders online.
max225

:dillerman: is such a :derp: here is a pic he sent
Well at least it shows that it is a TACOMA and that it is NOT LIFTED and it doesn't have MUDDASSSWAMPERTIRES

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:29 pm :dillerman: is such a :derp: here is a pic he sent
Well at least it shows that it is a TACOMA and that it is NOT LIFTED and it doesn't have MUDDASSSWAMPERTIRES

Well, it has steps? Yay? :wtf: people.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

“Predator steps” which I would take off and resell immediately
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

He doesn't want to show you the other dealer accessories they added. Light bar, snorkel, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm “Predator steps” which I would take off and resell immediately
Yea, I really don't care for the look of those.

Our 4R has the basic cheap factory installed plastic steps, and they really look OK. They've proven to be quite useful for shorter and older people we take as passengers from time to time, otherwise I'd remove them.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:17 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:51 pm Did your E350 come with the monroney?
Unfortunately no. But there are plenty of Vin decoders online.
:popcorn:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:16 pm So... the :taco: :dillerman: will contact me today on the Green Taco... I am really :notsure: on what to do... I would have done it no questions asked if I didn't buy the benz. But now I am :notsure: i want to deal with a 3rd car/truck. Even though it is a new shiny thing with a :manuel:
1. Send the Benz to the desert and have truck and Acura
2. Sell Acura and have truck and Benz. Then Baezn finds something wrong with ancient Benz, wonders why you have new Donkey Dick truck and are giving her spare parts from the Eastern Front, and demands
new equipment, you send Benz to the desert and have truck and new Pay Area chickmobile of undetermined origin.
3. Stand pat.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:16 pm So... the :taco: :dillerman: will contact me today on the Green Taco... I am really :notsure: on what to do... I would have done it no questions asked if I didn't buy the benz. But now I am :notsure: i want to deal with a 3rd car/truck. Even though it is a new shiny thing with a :manuel:
2. Sell Acura and have truck and Benz. Then Baezn finds something wrong with ancient Benz, wonders why you have new Donkey Dick truck and are giving her spare parts from the Eastern Front, and demands
new equipment, you send Benz to the desert and have truck and new Pay Area chickmobile of undetermined origin.
3. Stand pat.
All solid suggestions. She actually drove benz yesterday and loved it... Minus the lack of "back up camera". But frankly I am much more comfortable having her ride in the indestructible TSX of doom, as it is far less likely to have some sort of critical engine failure and leave her stranded and crying questioning her life partner and life itself.

She suggests she "offs" the TSX to her parents early... but they really don't need a 3rd car... and we really don't need a 3rd car either... at this point I am 60/40 split in not getting it...
+Reliable AF
+Rare
+0 Headache maintenance
+Manual "fun"

- 65k tied up in cars
- Doesn't really do anything that the MB does for my current "needs", future needs 3+ months from now may be diff.
- Lack of a decent stereo
- will need 2k in "accessories" right off the bat
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 pm

3. Stand pat.
All solid suggestions. She actually drove benz yesterday and loved it... Minus the lack of "back up camera". But frankly I am much more comfortable having her ride in the indestructible TSX of doom, as it is far less likely to have some sort of critical engine failure and leave her stranded and crying questioning her life partner and life itself.

She suggests she "offs" the TSX to her parents early... but they really don't need a 3rd car... and we really don't need a 3rd car either... at this point I am 60/40 split in not getting it...
+Reliable AF
+Rare
+0 Headache maintenance
+Manual "fun"

- 65k tied up in cars
- Doesn't really do anything that the MB does for my current "needs", future needs 3+ months from now may be diff.
- Lack of a decent stereo
- will need 2k in "accessories" right off the bat
No abduction and subsequent torture by the Mujadeen could possible inflict more damage upon yourself that your own personal Vietnam of car lust vs. money.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also if you have not paid the DMV sales tax you can avoid that by a lateral.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

NVRMND probably paid @ dealer.
ChrisoftheNorth

This is actually quite a conundrum. The benz is probably the right fit here, can't possibly depreciate that much more, looks great and virtually new, overall solid.

There's really no reason to get the Bro other than the fact that if you wanted something new and unique, it's the safest way to go.

Sticking with the Benz is probably the way. I would not force it on :tits: that's only going to end poorly.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Force that Benz to the east coast
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:31 pm This is actually quite a conundrum. The benz is probably the right fit here, can't possibly depreciate that much more, looks great and virtually new, overall solid.

There's really no reason to get the Bro other than the fact that if you wanted something new and unique, it's the safest way to go.

Sticking with the Benz is probably the way. I would not force it on :tits: that's only going to end poorly.
Yea this was an epic curve ball... I wrote off the bro because they all sold with future supply likely switching to 2023... I have no interest in that color.

Day after I get the Benz all the sudden it became available... it's not on ANY DEALER WEBSITE or on the Toyota site... like how the FK did they pull that off? Not like I haven't checked...

This dealer is 3 miles from my house to add insult to injury.

I clearly pulled the trigger on the E350 because I was ok rolling in that for the next 6-12 months... I am just annoyed that this became available in parallel. I couldn't find a good E350 for 3 weeks and no bros... then both pop up within a day of one another ? And neither is EASY to find.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:31 pm This is actually quite a conundrum. The benz is probably the right fit here, can't possibly depreciate that much more, looks great and virtually new, overall solid.

Yea this was an epic curve ball... I wrote off the bro because they all sold with future supply likely switching to 2023... I have no interest in that color.

Day after I get the Benz all the sudden it became available... it's not on ANY DEALER WEBSITE or on the Toyota site... like how the FK did they pull that off? Not like I haven't checked...

I clearly pulled the trigger on the E350 because I was ok rolling in that for the next 6-12 months... I am just annoyed that this became available in parallel. I couldn't find a good E350 for 3 weeks and no bros... then both pop up within a day of one another ? And neither is EASY to find.
Much rain, very pour. Wow.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This is how it always goes. A month after I bought the S4, my friend offered up a one owner 2003 M45 for the same price with half the miles. I would've much rather had that but couldn't sell the S4 quick enough.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, pretty wild. My dealer pulls sold vehicles from the website, so they can influence what inventory displays and what doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a a roster of interested parties and don't see a point in advertising a truck they can sell with no effort.

If you're going to want a Tacoma Bro in the next few years, this is the one to buy. Like you said, the color next year you're not into, and they'll likely revise the entire truck for 2024, and you don't want a first model year based on Toyota's launch track record of late. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the :manuel: too, which would just make this truck even more depreciation proof.

It's not like the Benz was a huge cash outlay, can probably flip it and just be out sales tax. Whatever. Hell, the :dillerman: may even offer a decent amount for the Benz on trade.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Yea, pretty wild. My dealer pulls sold vehicles from the website, so they can influence what inventory displays and what doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a a roster of interested parties and don't see a point in advertising a truck they can sell with no effort.

If you're going to want a Tacoma Bro in the next few years, this is the one to buy. Like you said, the color next year you're not into, and they'll likely revise the entire truck for 2024, and you don't want a first model year based on Toyota's launch track record of late. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the :manuel: too, which would just make this truck even more depreciation proof.

It's not like the Benz was a huge cash outlay, can probably flip it and just be out sales tax. Whatever. Hell, the :dillerman: may even offer a decent amount for the Benz on trade.
I am :notsure: I can even sell it yet. I have no title... it'll be here in 2-3 weeks.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:05 pm This is how it always goes. A month after I bought the S4, my friend offered up a one owner 2003 M45 for the same price with half the miles. I would've much rather had that but couldn't sell the S4 quick enough.
:lol: yep such is life.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:05 pm

I am :notsure: I can even sell it yet. I have no title... it'll be here in 2-3 weeks.
You can sell it.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:27 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:07 pm

You can sell it.
Yea Ima stick with it for now... I just can't justify another 54k post tax or so in another gasoline hog. I wasted a lot of time on car related matters as of late, and I'd like to spend it doing some other things.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:27 pm

You can sell it.
Yea Ima stick with it for now... I just can't justify another 54k post tax or so in another gasoline hog. I wasted a lot of time on car related matters as of late, and I'd like to spend it doing some other things.
Your feelings on August 10, 2022 are noted for the record.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:32 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm

Your feelings on August 10, 2022 are noted for the record.
August 10, 2043:

876,000mi Update

Best car I've ever owned. I can't believe I fucked with Tessies and Tacomas for so long, ignoring the prophecy of breh. BAEZN told me it looks old now and that I should get rid of it, so I said the same thing to her. Just me and my E350 now. :thisisfine:
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.