Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:41 pm Obviously certain vehicles overcome color deficiency.
Sitting 6 people in comfort + having a shit ton of space in front/back of the car has its compromises as well as efficiency.
VS Impressing 5 year old boys + Instagram models to be flown to Dubai for the weekend on a private Yacht. Different strokes for different folks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The Tessie white is quite nice as whites go.. but still white. How much is wrapping a vehicle? I’ve never looked into it. I love a neat custom color though, would do it if I wound up with a non color car.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:59 pm The Tessie white is quite nice as whites go.. but still white. How much is wrapping a vehicle? I’ve never looked into it. I love a neat custom color though, would do it if I wound up with a non color car.
Not sure to be 100% honest. As there has been insane price inflation. In that field also. I believe a model Y my buddy wrapped in green was around $2800. But ppf is around 1500 as is … so it seems like a no brainer to be honest. And I won’t lose it in a lot
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:59 pm The Tessie white is quite nice as whites go.. but still white. How much is wrapping a vehicle? I’ve never looked into it. I love a neat custom color though, would do it if I wound up with a non color car.
Not sure to be 100% honest. As there has been insane price inflation. In that field also. I believe a model Y my buddy wrapped in green was around $2800. But ppf is around 1500 as is … so it seems like a no brainer to be honest. And I won’t lose it in a lot
I feel like most wraps I see are sort of flat colors, curious if they'd be able to replicate that blue :popcorn:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Max do you have a black interior? Windows tinted at all? Interesting to hear the comments about it getting hot inside.

Also I’ve seen some wrapped teslas. For some reason most are matte colors. Which makes them look even worse.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Lol into a colored PPF. They exist now, and have the same self healing properties as a regular ppf. IIRC in also saw some even have actual paint pigments in them so they look deep like paint as well.

FlexiShield is what I saw on YouTube
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:43 am Max do you have a black interior? Windows tinted at all? Interesting to hear the comments about it getting hot inside.

Also I’ve seen some wrapped teslas. For some reason most are matte colors. Which makes them look even worse.
Yea I’m absolutely not doing a flat wrap. I vehemently dislike flat paint.

Yes on black interior. But the color doesn’t matter the car can be remotely cooled so it never gets “hot”. Especially with ass whistlers.

The issue is that very windshield I love. You essentially sit in a glass bubble up front. And the rear passengers have plenty of top glass also.

I like things pretty cool… and we have insane temps lately. I will report on a real 115-120F day, which should be coming up shortly here.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:18 am

Lol into a colored PPF. They exist now, and have the same self healing properties as a regular ppf. IIRC in also saw some even have actual paint pigments in them so they look deep like paint as well.

FlexiShield is what I saw on YouTube
:dat: is the idea
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:14 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:43 am Max do you have a black interior? Windows tinted at all? Interesting to hear the comments about it getting hot inside.

Yes on black interior. But the color doesn’t matter the car can be remotely cooled so it never gets “hot”. Especially with ass whistlers.

The issue is that very windshield I love. You essentially sit in a glass bubble up front. And the rear passengers have plenty of top glass also.

I like things pretty cool… and we have insane temps lately. I will report on a real 115-120F day, which should be coming up shortly here.
That’s pretty brutal heat. Yeah makes sense you have a ton of glass on that thing with the roof and windshield.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:57 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:14 am

That’s pretty brutal heat. Yeah makes sense you have a ton of glass on that thing with the roof and windshield.
This is a top view of a model X from my app. 80% of the passenger cabin is covered in super tinted but still hot glass.

Johnny_P

I used to love sunroofs but after the GTIs problems I stopped caring about them. The CRV has a sunroof and I have opened the shade exactly one time. I actually wish it didn’t have one.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:24 pm I used to love sunroofs but after the GTIs problems I stopped caring about them. The CRV has a sunroof and I have opened the shade exactly one time. I actually wish it didn’t have one.
No sunroofs … they don’t open.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:24 pm I used to love sunroofs but after the GTIs problems I stopped caring about them. The CRV has a sunroof and I have opened the shade exactly one time. I actually wish it didn’t have one.
Does it at least have a shade or can you black it out?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:37 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:36 pm

You can get accessories that do that. That the woman wants to get. They are sub $100. So not from
The “factory”. It’s really really tinted … like look directly at the sun and it doesn’t bother you tinted.

I am :notsure: a shade will prevent heat… driving in a giant glass box will never without incident if you live on mercury.

It’s interesting my m3 was the absolute worst at heat insulation … this is so far second
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:43 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:37 pm

You can get accessories that do that. That the woman wants to get. They are sub $100. So not from
The “factory”. It’s really really tinted … like look directly at the sun and it doesn’t bother you tinted.

I am :notsure: a shade will prevent heat… driving in a giant glass box will never without incident if you live on mercury.

It’s interesting my m3 was the absolute worst at heat insulation … this is so far second
The press on suction cup thing looked kinda :notsure: at first but once installed looked quite nice really helped a lot on the targa top on the C6. Same concept?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm

The press on suction cup thing looked kinda :notsure: at first but once installed looked quite nice really helped a lot on the targa top on the C6. Same concept?
Exactly
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I've been thinking about getting something like this. Was it a screen you could keep on whole driving and still see through?
Johnny_P

Interesting there’s no sun shade from the factory. That would annoy me, design over usability.

Kind of like how phones look awesome with glass backs and whatnot. And you immediately put a cheap shitty plastic case on them to make them actually usable / able to stand up to daily use.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:15 pm Interesting there’s no sun shade from the factory. That would annoy me, design over usability.

Kind of like how phones look awesome with glass backs and whatnot. And you immediately put a cheap shitty plastic case on them to make them actually usable / able to stand up to daily use.
Yea it’s a personal preference. I prefer to always roll with all shades open. My woman does not. It should come with the $2 solution standard vs making customers pay for it.
max225

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:58 pm

I've been thinking about getting something like this. Was it a screen you could keep on whole driving and still see through?
Like so.....https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5329. Your question confuses me. Goes on top, is opaque/feltish/headlinerish, can stay on indefinitely.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:43 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:58 pm

Like so.....https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5329. Your question confuses me. Goes on top, is opaque/feltish/headlinerish, can stay on indefinitely.
My C5 had that... and I took it off and never put it back.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:45 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:43 pm

My C5 had that... and I took it off and never put it back.
I live on the sun it helped a lot in the summer. 6 months off, 6 months on.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:15 pm Interesting there’s no sun shade from the factory. That would annoy me, design over usability.

Man, don't get me started on phone design.

I've had very few vehicles with sun roofs/glass roofs, but heat is a major concern IMO. The transparent roof in my C5 was murder in the sun, felt like you were being cooked inside. I'm surprised by how much heat the sunroof on the 4R lets through when the sun's out, we have the shade pulled frequently as a result.

Not having any sort of shade would need to be resolved somehow quickly IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:02 pm

Man, don't get me started on phone design.

I've had very few vehicles with sun roofs/glass roofs, but heat is a major concern IMO. The transparent roof in my C5 was murder in the sun, felt like you were being cooked inside. I'm surprised by how much heat the sunroof on the 4R lets through when the sun's out, we have the shade pulled frequently as a result.

Not having any sort of shade would need to be resolved somehow quickly IMO.
The CRV sunshade is behind my face. You can’t even see it. It just cooks your brain. No fucking thank you. Ugh so much of this car is just crap design and crap usability.