What does your sig other drive ?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:08 pm
She clearly has no idea what she wants. Problem is, I want us to have complimentary vehicles. I really want a 2-door JL for wheeling and fun...but we use the pickup a lot so I'd like one of those too. A Ram plus JL would be the PERFECT fleet for us IMO.
Just make sure whatever you get can tow the glamper and :aintcare: what she gets. Sounds like a JT is a good idea then. The Home Depot truck is $20 to rent for an hour and its generally a giant utility bed dumper in case you need multiple loads of wasteful river rocks.
Yea, true.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:09 pm
I told her all this, she said she doesn't care. She's generally rather frugal, but she's blinded by the potential for :troywax: ATM

Hopefully that calms down and she comes to reality soon.
Does it matter though? You're the target market for that vehicle, and better yet, you can afford it since you're not having kids. TREAT YO SELF.
If that's what she wants, then fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:08 pm
She clearly has no idea what she wants. Problem is, I want us to have complimentary vehicles. I really want a 2-door JL for wheeling and fun...but we use the pickup a lot so I'd like one of those too. A Ram plus JL would be the PERFECT fleet for us IMO.
WHich would you rather drive?

Just get that and let her do her thing, you can :plac: again if need be/rent a Home Depot truck if you'd like the two door JL. If you'd prefer the JT, just get that and :aintcare: if she gets :truk: or not. Really, the smart play is to let her :plac: however she wants and suffer the consequences, you just drive the olt until she cements her vehicle, then go off that. If she wants to change it up after that and it impacts your side as well, well that's on her at least?
Main thing to me is replacing the truck since that's being forced with lease end. As long as it can tow the glamper and fit kayaks on the roof, it's fine. I really want something off-road capable because I like that shit, so really I should just go order a JL and then let her do whatever she wants with the Volt. If that's a pickup, then fine. Macan, whatever.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:14 pm

WHich would you rather drive?

Just get that and let her do her thing, you can :plac: again if need be/rent a Home Depot truck if you'd like the two door JL. If you'd prefer the JT, just get that and :aintcare: if she gets :truk: or not. Really, the smart play is to let her :plac: however she wants and suffer the consequences, you just drive the olt until she cements her vehicle, then go off that. If she wants to change it up after that and it impacts your side as well, well that's on her at least?
Main thing to me is replacing the truck since that's being forced with lease end. As long as it can tow the glamper and fit kayaks on the roof, it's fine. I really want something off-road capable because I like that shit, so really I should just go order a JL and then let her do whatever she wants with the Volt. If that's a pickup, then fine. Macan, whatever.
I think you need to get "her" out of your car decisions all together. It has caused some major fuck already. get what you want man. Wear the pants.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Does it matter though? You're the target market for that vehicle, and better yet, you can afford it since you're not having kids. TREAT YO SELF.
This has always ended poorly for me so now its understood that I have veto power over all major decisions.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:25 pm
I think you need to get "her" out of your car decisions all together. It has caused some major fuck already. get what you want man. Wear the pants.
I just need to ignore the Utopian concept of complimentary vehicles.

I should go order a JL as a birthday present on Friday.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:51 pm

:doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 pm
This has always ended poorly for me so now its understood that I have veto power over all major decisions.
Yea, well...exercising veto power is what got me in this :fullretard: situation to begin with.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Habby pirthday
max225

:mahtroy: I think you should... You only need a deposit if even... If you don't care about when you get it... you may want to wait until labor day.... As we discussed ... it'll direct the jeep prices going forward...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 pm

:mahtroy: I think you should... You only need a deposit if even... If you don't care about when you get it... you may want to wait until labor day.... As we discussed ... it'll direct the jeep prices going forward...
Well, if I order it Friday, it'll realistically come around Labor Day (or I can push the :dillerman: off to wait to deliver until Labor Day). Any incentives then will apply to the vehicle I ordered.

Anything on the lot requires compromises. Pay more for crap I don't want, or do without things I do want. There likely won't be any incentive that's worth it, so ordering probably makes the most sense.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:00 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Well, if I order it Friday, it'll realistically come around Labor Day (or I can push the :dillerman: off to wait to deliver until Labor Day). Any incentives then will apply to the vehicle I ordered.

Anything on the lot requires compromises. Pay more for crap I don't want, or do without things I do want. There likely won't be any incentive that's worth it, so ordering probably makes the most sense.
If you don't mind paying around ~5k extra vs the one on the lot... then I say :doit: if this is a hold on to forever type vehicle then you can't really go :wrong: you're still getting a decent :dill: that may not be screaming but it is certainly :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:00 pm

If you don't mind paying around ~5k extra vs the one on the lot... then I say :doit: if this is a hold on to forever type vehicle then you can't really go :wrong: you're still getting a decent :dill: that may not be screaming but it is certainly :notbad:
NFW I'll get an extra $5k off on top of my employee price. :dillerman: around me is treating any and all JL's like gold.

If I could get an extra $5k off, I'll just get a loaded one for the same price as the one I'd order.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:05 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:02 pm

NFW I'll get an extra $5k off on top of my employee price. :dillerman: around me is treating any and all JL's like gold.

If I could get an extra $5k off, I'll just get a loaded one for the same price as the one I'd order.
Not right now... Labor day for 2018s, and then X mas for 2019s that are left over... there will be left overs for sure... I am sort of vary of the 2018s... i mean they are fucking 2 model years old already for fucks sake.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Not right now... Labor day for 2018s, and then X mas for 2019s that are left over... there will be left overs for sure... I am sort of vary of the 2018s... i mean they are fucking 2 model years old already for fucks sake.
Plus the 2018's had the first model year teething problems...

Welds failing, fuel pumps randomly dying, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

I dunno...I think it's unlikely. But that's where I'm stuck. :truk: goes back right after labor day. If I wait and the 2018 deals aren't really there, then I'm screwed. Gotta just pick something random in inventory and take it up the :knot:

This thing would be perfect if the :dill: is right...
https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... n7jw239202
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Yea...that's the other thing. PLUS, I really like the idea of the 2.0T without BSG on 2020. I also love the Dark Saddle leather interior color now on 2020 JLs (came from JT)
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:15 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Yea...that's the other thing. PLUS, I really like the idea of the 2.0T without BSG on 2020. I also love the Dark Saddle leather interior color now on 2020 JLs (came from JT)
You should really just order what you want, you have employee :dill: to fall back on if other incentives aren't there. Get what you want, you'll have it in a few weeks which you can easily wait out at this point.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 pm

I dunno...I think it's unlikely. But that's where I'm stuck. :truk: goes back right after labor day. If I wait and the 2018 deals aren't really there, then I'm screwed. Gotta just pick something random in inventory and take it up the :knot:

My friend you don't NEED a car RIGHT NOW. You have plenty... also that rubi should easily have 10k on the hood by then. If you can't get the labor day :dill: then you can order one and have it in a month? :whocares: its not like you'll die without it for a month or two. Don't fall into the :dillerman: games.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 pm

My friend you don't NEED a car RIGHT NOW. You have plenty... also that rubi should easily have 10k on the hood by then. If you can't get the labor day :dill: then you can order one and have it in a month? :whocares: its not like you'll die without it for a month or two. Don't fall into the :dillerman: games.
We've got a number of camping and outdoors trips planned in September that we'd have to cancel if the :truk: is gone without replacement. Fine I guess, but that's an activity that we really enjoy doing. First world problems, sure...but we don't get that much summer to enjoy, and the weather is EPIC in September here, so that's when we're the most active outside, actually.

We'll see if my dad's actually gets here in 2 weeks. If it does, than yea, waiting is the way to go.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm

We've got a number of camping and outdoors trips planned in September that we'd have to cancel if the :truk: is gone without replacement. Fine I guess, but that's an activity that we really enjoy doing. First world problems, sure...but we don't get that much summer to enjoy, and the weather is EPIC in September here, so that's when we're the most active outside, actually.

We'll see if my dad's actually gets here in 2 weeks. If it does, than yea, waiting is the way to go.
Keep us posted on that ... curious... Damn it the sig other thread is now a :jeep: thread.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Keep us posted on that ... curious... Damn it the sig other thread is now a :jeep: thread.
Nah, this is the end of :jeep: talk. I'll take it into my own thread.

In sig other news, I made an apt last week at a :dillerman: tomorrow night for :tits: to check out this truck:

https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... t5kn807850

She still wants to go see it (as of 5 min ago), so we'll know more on that front tomorrow night...maybe. She'll probably see a Kia Telluride tomorrow afternoon on the way to work and want that instead.

Actually, I REALLY like this truck. I might just go :nuke: and pick it up for myself if the :dill: is right.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 pm

In sig other news, I made an apt last week at a :dillerman: tomorrow night for :tits: to check out this truck:

She still wants to go see it (as of 5 min ago), so we'll know more on that front tomorrow night...maybe. She'll probably see a Kia Telluride tomorrow afternoon on the way to work and want that instead.

Actually, I REALLY like this truck. I might just go :nuke: and pick it up for myself if the :dill: is right.
That's really purdy
Apex

#teamblootruk :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

#teamblootruk :fuckyeah:
I've had 3 bloo trucks in a row, why break that now? :tits: doesn't care what color it is as long as it's not red for some reason.

This truck is 100% how I'd order a Laramie. I'm actually rather :mindblown: that it's in a :dillerman: 's inventory.