Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:20 pm

Dude you’re almost as weird about the MK6 as Coog’s is about STIs :lolol:

The new GTI does look good though, starting to see them around. I kinda dig the vomit yellow gold.
:iono: I like what I like. I think the Mk6 is the high water mark for GTI styling. I concede the MQB is the objectively superior platform compared to the PQ35, but style-wise, I prefer the Mk6 and tne Mk8 takes some style cues from the 6.
I'm just busting your :balls:

I was equally obsessed with the :poorvette: for many years and sometimes still wonder :butwhy: I don't just rock a Corvette again. We all have our vehicular haunts/ones that got away.

While it's funny because all GTIs rook same, I do agree, 6 and 8 look a tad better than 7 to me. I think 4 was peak styling for a Golf though.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 am
:iono: I like what I like. I think the Mk6 is the high water mark for GTI styling. I concede the MQB is the objectively superior platform compared to the PQ35, but style-wise, I prefer the Mk6 and tne Mk8 takes some style cues from the 6.

I was equally obsessed with the :poorvette: for many years and sometimes still wonder :butwhy: I don't just rock a Corvette again. We all have our vehicular haunts/ones that got away.

While it's funny because all GTIs rook same, I do agree, 6 and 8 look a tad better than 7 to me. I think 4 was peak styling for a Golf though.
Don't disagree. Mk4 had super clean, dare I say timeless lines that have aged quite well.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 am

:wtf:

The 7 has been the best looking. the 8 is :gag: the 6 was best before the 7 came out; and thats saying something since its based on the 5 which was :gag: the 4 was the low watermark of any golf until the 8. Although a 4 with a jetta front end looked :nice:

re: ones that got away....I highly recommend getting them back. I really do love my miata with boost. It was like my first miata that was boosted, but better. And I really love my e93.... its like a fatter version of the e89 z4 with a slightly less responsive transmission. I really loved that car too and was sad to see it go.

re: car talk: I have to
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gotta love a subjective styling debate.
PUT YOURS UP YOU CUCKS!

8>7>4>6>1>2>3>5
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:33 am Gotta love a subjective styling debate.
PUT YOURS UP YOU CUCKS!

8>7>4>6>1>2>3>5
4 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 8 > 6 > 7 > 5

:fuckyeah: :excited: :butwhy:

The 3 is kind of trash but I still love it for reasons. I think because it was dope when I was in high school.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am
PUT YOURS UP YOU CUCKS!

8>7>4>6>1>2>3>5

The 3 is kind of trash but I still love it for reasons. I think because it was dope when I was in high school.
This one heavily favors the older gens, I dig it. :notwrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:47 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am

Honestly I would argue that the Golf in general is one of the best looking car franchises ever. Much like the 911, they're instantly recognizable and yet you can still tell which are new. They're practical and yet somehow elegant. They look a lot like other hatchbacks, but somehow just a little bit better.

Sure, they're not a beautiful car like a Ferrari or Alfa, but it's almost more impressive that something so pedestrian has always looked quite good.

I like the older gens because they're more interesting/rare to see today, I lusted after them as a kid, and my dad had a Rabbit when I was a wee lad.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

PUT YOURS UP YOU CUCKS!

8>7>4>6>1>2>3>5
Styling: 7>6>4>2>1>3>8>5

Overall:

2>1>6>4>5>3>7>8
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:50 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:47 am

Honestly I would argue that the Golf in general is one of the best looking car franchises ever. Much like the 911, they're instantly recognizable and yet you can still tell which are new. They're practical and yet somehow elegant. They look a lot like other hatchbacks, but somehow just a little bit better.

Sure, they're not a beautiful car like a Ferrari or Alfa, but it's almost more impressive that something so pedestrian has always looked quite good.

I like the older gens because they're more interesting/rare to see today, I lusted after them as a kid, and my dad had a Rabbit when I was a wee lad.
5/7 post, agree with all of it.

Mine:
6>1>4>8>7.5>7>2>3>5
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

In jersey for a wedding... wife units cousins 50th anniversary SS with :manuel:

max225

Irish wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 am In jersey for a wedding... wife units cousins 50th anniversary SS with :manuel:

Pretty neat
Irish

Dealer is going to replace the dome light unit (including the lighting control module) on sonny boys GIT.

In Outie news, I replaced the PCV and so far the oil level is holding, there is no tell tale smoke when hooning and it no longer smells like a Bayou oil refinery. Time will tell as I have only put about 50 miles on it.

Fingers crossed that the consumption issue has gone bye bye. The only other thing I would then have to do is some form of in line resonator or muffler. Sonny boy basically ran straight 3" pipes (Albeit with a high flow cat). The thing sounds like a Mack Truck whenever there is anything for the sound to reverberate off of.... he loves it, I hate it....
Irish

In other news, I did a dry run today (school starts on Tuesday).... I backed this big bitch into my boondoggle like a bonafide boss...

I actually rilly enjoy driving this thang....
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:36 pm In other news, I did a dry run today (school starts on Tuesday).... I backed this big bitch into my boondoggle like a bonafide boss...

I actually rilly enjoy driving this thang....
:impressive:
Irish

New PCV/Oil Separator seems to have halted the A5s consumption issues. If it didn't I was going to seriously consider unloading it. Next up: research and install some form of muffler/resonator to get the thing down to a dull roar....
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Irish wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:22 am New PCV/Oil Separator seems to have halted the A5s consumption issues. If it didn't I was going to seriously consider unloading it. Next up: research and install some form of muffler/resonator to get the thing down to a dull roar....
I really liked my Vibrant exhaust stuff. Their resonators and mufflers are excellent. That is if you didn't want to just get a full cat back exhaust which is probably easier.