POWL: The demise of Manuel

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Do you drive an automatic because of your :tits: ?

Yes
9%
No
67%
Toaster
24%

Total votes: 33
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:53 am This thread turned into a bunch of :eeyore: bullshit :jesus:
dfd doom ‘n gloom

:eeyore:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:22 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Man, all of these recent :scrooge: thoughts come from myself. The wife actually encourages me to own fun things.

The :meata: - :doit:
The :jeep: - :doit:

I need to slow my roll perhaps and just enjoy things until shit goes sideways and stop the :eeyore:
I'm just enjoying cheaper things. My :fancy: custom guitar and electronic drums cost about the same as a set of good :ramz: but provide waaaaay more entertainment, for example. It was still like 17 or 18 F this morning here anyway, there is no point in trying to have fun with cars in this hellhole.
I'd say I agree with this, but bikes cost more than drivable NA miatas so :iono:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 pm I had no idea, but apparently she thinks it's too low and hard to get in and out of, too "rough" (guessing ride and shit interior), and too fast because there's nowhere to use the speed.

She's not wrong on any account, in fact her beef is my beef with the car. I pointed out a Hellcat today and she said it was stupid too "why do you like all these dumb cars you can't fit in or drive?"

I reminded her that I fit in the Challenger fine but she thinks i should just have a Gladiator Rubicon and end discussion. She might not be wrong there tbh.
:wtf: :sad:

Dude. Chally Hellkitten would be AWESOME where you live. Detroit is all straight boulevards right? Bullet straight roads that you can hammer down are the only type that make sense in a hellcat!

Can you get them with heated steering wheels?

B5 blue! Plum Crazy! Go Mango! F8 Green! Faster than your vette while being more comfortable, android auto, heated steering wheel, rides better, etc...

I dunno man. This is an epic car for $65k.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 pm I had no idea, but apparently she thinks it's too low and hard to get in and out of, too "rough" (guessing ride and shit interior), and too fast because there's nowhere to use the speed.

She's not wrong on any account, in fact her beef is my beef with the car. I pointed out a Hellcat today and she said it was stupid too "why do you like all these dumb cars you can't fit in or drive?"

I reminded her that I fit in the Challenger fine but she thinks i should just have a Gladiator Rubicon and end discussion. She might not be wrong there tbh.

Dude. Chally Hellkitten would be AWESOME where you live. Detroit is all straight boulevards right? Bullet straight roads that you can hammer down are the only type that make sense in a hellcat!

B5 blue! Plum Crazy! Go Mango! F8 Green! Faster than your vette while being more comfortable, android auto, heated steering wheel, rides better, etc...

I want a plum crazy hellcat so badly...it's ridiculous. But...

A few things. It still comes with 20's, which will be an atrocious ride most of the time. Tire blow outs, bent rims, etc. The streets on my new commute are a bit better, but not much more. I'd also have a really hard time spending $65k on a car I didn't drive year round. And I don't really think a Hellcat is a good year-round vehicle in Michigan.

Then there's the aspect of "using the speed". I think it's the most frustrating part of the :poorvette:

The main road we live off (Woodward, as in the "Dream Cruise") has a 45 mph speed limit, and all along it are cities that use the speeders on Woodward as a method of boosting their coffers. Go much over 10 over, and you're done. Same with accelerating quickly from a light...they consider that "racing" regardless of if you are racing or not, and that's a hefty ticket. My new commute is going to be 80% along Woodward, so the opportunity for fun is minimal.

There's ONE on-ramp by our house onto 1-696 that I can blast down, but I usually hit 100 when I top 3rd, so if I'm unlucky, there's another ticket. I also drove down it yesterday and the freeze thaw has done a number on it, it's heaved all over the place so I'm not sure I get even :stig: down it anymore.

TBH, cruising down Woodward with the top and doors off a Gladiator sounds way more fun to me at this point.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Chris, don't ever say this again.
It's true :doe:

Where I live, in a rather urban suburban environment with a bunch of hippy fart sniffing liberals that hate burning gasoline, the chance for fun is minimal. The "Motor City" is barely a shadow of its former self anymore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:22 pm I'm just enjoying cheaper things. My :fancy: custom guitar and electronic drums cost about the same as a set of good :ramz: but provide waaaaay more entertainment, for example. It was still like 17 or 18 F this morning here anyway, there is no point in trying to have fun with cars in this hellhole.
I'd say I agree with this, but bikes cost more than drivable NA miatas so :iono:
The bike equivalent of a drivable NA miata is my old Schwinn that was $50 on crangslist 10 years ago and still works fine. You don't need a $5000 bike.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:06 am

It's true :doe:

Where I live, in a rather urban suburban environment with a bunch of hippy fart sniffing liberals that hate burning gasoline, the chance for fun is minimal. The "Motor City" is barely a shadow of its former self anymore.
Sell your car then. Leave the man card in the glovebox for the next owner.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:32 am
Johnny_P wrote:
The bike equivalent of a drivable NA miata is my old Schwinn that was $50 on crangslist 10 years ago and still works fine. You don't need a $5000 bike.
Oh for sure, nobody needs a $5k bike.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:11 am

Yeah, no they don't - unless you like tetanus.

Decent driver NAs cost a good 5-8k now. That buys you a lot of bike.
Decent was nowhere in my statement bruh. No need for weekly waxed rust free :fancy: miatas, just ones that run and can deliver fun.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Man, all of these recent :scrooge: thoughts come from myself. The wife actually encourages me to own fun things.

I need to slow my roll perhaps and just enjoy things until shit goes sideways and stop the :eeyore:
You’re a lucky man, and I mean that non sarcastically.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:41 am

If your SO isn't supportive of your hobbies you have the wrong SO.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:53 am

Big reason why I married her. I let her do what she wants, she lets me do what I want.

That whole idea of changing who you are and not being allowed to do things because of the “ol’ ball and chain” is :poop:
Yep. Mine is supportive of anything I want to do.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:05 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 am

Big reason why I married her. I let her do what she wants, she lets me do what I want.

That whole idea of changing who you are and not being allowed to do things because of the “ol’ ball and chain” is :poop:
Yep. Mine is supportive of anything I want to do.
:alpo:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:03 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 am

A few things. It still comes with 20's, which will be an atrocious ride most of the time. Tire blow outs, bent rims, etc. The streets on my new commute are a bit better, but not much more. I'd also have a really hard time spending $65k on a car I didn't drive year round. And I don't really think a Hellcat is a good year-round vehicle in Michigan.

Then there's the aspect of "using the speed". I think it's the most frustrating part of the :poorvette:

The main road we live off (Woodward, as in the "Dream Cruise") has a 45 mph speed limit, and all along it are cities that use the speeders on Woodward as a method of boosting their coffers. Go much over 10 over, and you're done. Same with accelerating quickly from a light...they consider that "racing" regardless of if you are racing or not, and that's a hefty ticket. My new commute is going to be 80% along Woodward, so the opportunity for fun is minimal.

There's ONE on-ramp by our house onto 1-696 that I can blast down, but I usually hit 100 when I top 3rd, so if I'm unlucky, there's another ticket. I also drove down it yesterday and the freeze thaw has done a number on it, it's heaved all over the place so I'm not sure I get even :stig: down it anymore.

TBH, cruising down Woodward with the top and doors off a Gladiator sounds way more fun to me at this point.
Wide-body scat pack.

/bread
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Wide-body scat pack.

/bread
On the radar, but the size of the wheels and overall cost will probably keep me away.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:53 am
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:41 am
:dat: 100%
max225

Wide-body scat pack.

/bread
:dat: 109%
Johnny_P

Wide-body scat pack.

/bread
:jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

Widebody scat pack is pretty perfect honestly. And to bring it full circle, I'd want one with :manuel:

Still not something I want to drive year round tho.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 pm Widebody scat pack is pretty perfect honestly. And to bring it full circle, I'd want one with :manuel:

You’d probably get a bitchin’ deal on one. It seems the best compromise between completely useable power and comfortable GT/cruiser
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 pm Widebody scat pack is pretty perfect honestly. And to bring it full circle, I'd want one with :manuel:

Meh, get base :ramz: and drive it NFG.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:
:koolaid: :fullretard: :koolaid:

the demise of camdalf.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:48 pm

:koolaid: :fullretard: :koolaid:

the demise of camdalf.
:pouroneout:
max225

But you'd drive it a whole lot more than the plastic fantastic.
Desertbreh

Man, that Challenger interior is atrocious. It's really not much of an improvement over a 1970 Challenger. It's definitely a true muscle car in terms of the fact that you are paying for motor and styling, and that's it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.