Sup wit all the high beam driving?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:53 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 pm No one knows what the blue light in the dash means. Or when high beams are appropriate, based on my conversations with those who do it in my inner circle.
HI WHAT'S THIS BLUE JELLYFISH LIGHT! WHAT DOES IT DO? :crang:
I'll take a look at it after going for a hibachi dinner and then cooking class.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:13 pm A lot of folk drive around with DRLs, because they can't tell the lights are off since the DRLs are always on and provide illumination. That's the worst.
:dat: My 2004 TSX dash lights up the minute I put the key on the ignition, so I can see why Honda's and Toyota's are taking the blame, whenever I see cars that don't turn on their lights 8/10 its a honda or toyota. I remember when I had my TSX and my mom got used to her auto lights (which the TSX did not have), she told me someone asked me that my lights were off when she borrowed the car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:13 pm A lot of folk drive around with DRLs, because they can't tell the lights are off since the DRLs are always on and provide illumination. That's the worst.
:dat: My 2004 TSX dash lights up the minute I put the key on the ignition, so I can see why Honda's and Toyota's are taking the blame, whenever I see cars that don't turn on their lights 8/10 its a honda or toyota. I remember when I had my TSX and my mom got used to her auto lights (which the TSX did not have), she told me someone asked me that my lights were off when she borrowed the car.
Those are also extremely popular brands of vehicles. This is the same methodology as is an STI a more dangerous car because it crashes more or it simply piloted by tards.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

A related :trigger: for me is tards who drive with headlights and foglights on on well lighted urban/suburban streets. :butwhy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm A related :trigger: for me is tards who drive with headlights and foglights on on well lighted urban/suburban streets. :butwhy:
Scene points.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

wap wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm A related :trigger: for me is tards who drive with headlights and foglights on on well lighted urban/suburban streets. :butwhy:
Why does that matter? I never understand why "fogs are illegal" to run without fog. That's :fullretard: when DRLs are epic bright and distracting to other now
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:53 pm I too have noticed a lot of drivers around here doing the same thing, but actually more people not driving with any lights on at all, oblivious. Our highways are reasonably lit, but driving without lights on at all is super hazardous when people are changing lanes and whatnot.
In an age where automatic headlights have been a common thing for over a decade, and DRLs have been a thing for almost two decades, it amazes me that people still manage to roll around with their headlights completely off. I guess they figure they don't need headlights with all the motherfuckers driving around with their brights on.
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:31 pm Mainly seeing hondas with their highs on. Fuck hondas and their buyers.
I haven't seen any single brand being guilty of this epidemic. The retardation is pretty unbiased.

Weird I'm seeing all kinds of civics with high beams on almost daily. There isn't another brand/model that even comes close around here.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 pm

In an age where automatic headlights have been a common thing for over a decade, and DRLs have been a thing for almost two decades, it amazes me that people still manage to roll around with their headlights completely off. I guess they figure they don't need headlights with all the motherfuckers driving around with their brights on.

I haven't seen any single brand being guilty of this epidemic. The retardation is pretty unbiased.

Weird I'm seeing all kinds of civics with high beams on almost daily. There isn't another brand/model that even comes close around here.
Saw a ton of Vans, Hyundais and annoyingly TRUKS with em on during my 500 mile loop yesterday
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:46 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Saw a ton of Vans, Hyundais and annoyingly TRUKS with em on during my 500 mile loop yesterday
Trucks sit so high up that I don't dare look into the headlights at night, high beams or not. Even the halogen low beams slay my retinas.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The worst part is the lit up instrument cluster that stays lit even with DRL’s so people have no idea that their lights are off.

If it were up to me as a MFG I’d make it so lights automatically come on:
1. Between 6pm and 6am
2. When wipers are turned on/rain sensing
:iono:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:49 pm The worst part is the lit up instrument cluster that stays lit even with DRL’s so people have no idea that their lights are off.

If it were up to me as a MFG I’d make it so lights automatically come on:
1. Between 6pm and 6am
2. When wipers are turned on/rain sensing
:iono:
Soon enough you won't even have to worry about driving, pfft lights... pfft.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

We have way more offenders of no lights vs high beams. Today it was snowing with 40mph winds, and visibility was maybe 50 yards but almost half the cars on the road had no lights on. Use the fucking automatic headlights why the fuck is it so hard?
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:24 pm
Scene points.
:rolleyes:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:26 pm
Why does that matter? I never understand why "fogs are illegal" to run without fog. That's :fullretard: when DRLs are epic bright and distracting to other now
Because it's stupid and pointless. And as Rudy says it's just for scene points which is just :rolleyes: to me.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 pm It's always Hondas and Toyotas around here.
I'd have to say it's pretty much the same here, too.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’ll fight this. Better pothole definition of your lights are physically lower.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:31 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Those are also extremely popular brands of vehicles. This is the same methodology as is an STI a more dangerous car because it crashes more or it simply piloted by tards.
anything with a Nissan badge is the most dangerous car on the road around here.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:04 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:31 pm

anything with a Nissan badge is the most dangerous car on the road around here.
:dat: I feel like most nissan drivers are like this guy at 1:50
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

In DC, I once saw a :mahtroy: lady in an altima got :triggered: to this uber driver who made a last minute u-turn in front of her and she threw her mcdonalds trash at him
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:02 pm
:really:
Your streets are that poorly lit?
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:27 pm

:really:
Your streets are that poorly lit?
Some of them are. The bigger issue is the potholes are really that dangerous.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm I see people driving with headphones in all the time.

Most days I'll see at least one person driving around with side mirrors folded in. Usually just one side. Sometimes you get lucky and it's both sides though.

Most days I'll see a handful of people driving with only their DRLs and no full headlights.

Every single drive I see multiple people talking on the phone, holding it flat in front of their face or up to their face. Also every single day see people texting / forum posting while driving. These are usually the people that don't move when the light turns green, or drift in the lanes.

The big thing I'm noticing though are people diving off freeways at the last minute. I don't drive on highways much. But when I do I'm nearly guaranteed to see this. Someone in the left or middle lane, dive across 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit last minute. Most of the time cutting off multiple cars. I don't know why the big uptick in this, other than lemmings having no clue where they're going and just listening to GPS directions.
I drive with headphones, because I can't have a phone conversation without it due to shit roads.
:dat:

My car is too loud
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I haven’t really seen this issue around me, though I live in a rural area and high beams are nice for avoiding Bambi and are generally properly used.

The bigger issue is people that rely on their automatic headlights to come on during foggy mornings. That shit triggers the fuck out of me.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:56 am I haven’t really seen this issue around me, though I live in a rural area and high beams are nice for avoiding Bambi and are generally properly used.

The bigger issue is people that rely on their automatic headlights to come on during foggy mornings. That shit triggers the fuck out of me.
Indeed.

I also don't understand why manufacturers haven't added programming to automatically turn headlights on with windshield wipers.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:15 pm

:dat:

Also, fog lights are not as effective as they used to be.

Now, driving with your driving lights on against traffic is a :dong: move.
:trollface:

People should turn off their high beams then.