:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:47 pm I would 392 Wrangler or V8 Fendie if I was that rich and wanted a stupid off road :fancy: thing. Maybe I would actually test drive the Ineos. RR and G series and Urus are just too ubiquitous with the trophy wife set where I live, and probably everywhere.
:dat: 392 wrangler is awesome! Not many people would know a $100k wrangler would exist, so it technically slips under the radar. They'll just see a moron slapping an exhaust on it or v8 swap it. G wagen is too obvious for its own right
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 pm Image
:lolol: :thisisfine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:05 pm
:lolol: :thisisfine:
It looked like a school project
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:36 pm
Melon2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:33 pm I still look for manual 340i's from time to time. I miss my F30.
Say less! Make me an offer Melon!
Godammit...

How many miles are on it? What condition is it in?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Whatever this bs post is don’t give af.

Sat in the cybercuck yesterday. It’s nice. Just the right size imo. Not as big as the full sizers of doom but not as small as the mid sizers with no real rear seat etc.

The automated bed cover is epic as is the general usability of all the little features. Def still thinking of it
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

another derp trying to blame user error on a malfunction.... probably.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Melon2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:44 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:36 pm

Say less! Make me an offer Melon!
Godammit...

56k and some change. It’s pretty much in the same condition you sold it to griff in. It’s gets babied and sits in my garage. I usually end up driving the TJ most days if it’s nice here, so I feel kinda bad it just sits there. I’ve had it for close to a 1.5 years now I think.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:48 am
Melon2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:44 pm

Godammit...

56k and some change. It’s pretty much in the same condition you sold it to griff in. It’s gets babied and sits in my garage. I usually end up driving the TJ most days if it’s nice here, so I feel kinda bad it just sits there. I’ve had it for close to a 1.5 years now I think.
*sigh*

Unzips...
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Went up to Seattle for work M-W.. One of my coworkers is a car guy (VW enthusiast) and I had sent him a Scirroco on BAT last week at some point. We were chatting about that and he mentioned an LR3 that he's going to go look at. Said his mom was going to put her R53 Mini on BAT, then buy his Tiguan from him, and he's likely grabbing the LR3. Asked for some deets on the R53:

One owner car from 2003-2020, always serviced at the Mini dealer in Oxnard, CA. He/his mom bought it from them in 2020 with 69k miles on it. Dealer had just taken ownership that day, so they needed to do all their standard inspections/refurb/etc. before my coworker and his mom could take ownership, and they told my coworker they'd do any other maintenance/replacing of parts that he wanted done and they could roll it into the price. So he got a list together of stuff he'd want replaced and they did it all. Mom stayed in SoCal with the car until 2022 when she moved up to Seattle are to be closer to him. Dealer continued to maintain the car from 2020-2022, and he took over for the last two years. In her four years of ownership, she's put 4k miles on the clock and it now sits at $73k. She's looking for $6k for it.

Yeah it's a 22 year old car so there's going to be some old car issues, but the condition looks great, I know my coworker has it well maintained, and he has all maintenance records/receipts, including a bunch of work he had done on it after she brought it up to WA. I don't remember what all he listed, but between that work, and everything the dealer did for them in 2020 when they bought it, most of this car has been refreshed in the last 4 years. I'm flying up Sunday to see it in person, test drive it, and possibly drive it back home to Oregon. I lose out on AWD like I'd hoped for, but I get a fun hot hatch with a :manuel: and it can still haul the baby around when Michelle has her car at work if there ever an emergency unlike the little pickups I'd been browsing. Her car will of course remain the family trip car.

Desertbreh

Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:48 am

*sigh*

Unzips...
Wow this thing is getting passed around like a cheap hooker.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:31 pm

*sigh*

Unzips...
Village bicycle is what I was thinking … but yea
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 pm Went up to Seattle for work M-W.. One of my coworkers is a car guy (VW enthusiast) and I had sent him a Scirroco on BAT last week at some point. We were chatting about that and he mentioned an LR3 that he's going to go look at. Said his mom was going to put her R53 Mini on BAT, then buy his Tiguan from him, and he's likely grabbing the LR3. Asked for some deets on the R53:

One owner car from 2003-2020, always serviced at the Mini dealer in Oxnard, CA. He/his mom bought it from them in 2020 with 69k miles on it. Dealer had just taken ownership that day, so they needed to do all their standard inspections/refurb/etc. before my coworker and his mom could take ownership, and they told my coworker they'd do any other maintenance/replacing of parts that he wanted done and they could roll it into the price. So he got a list together of stuff he'd want replaced and they did it all. Mom stayed in SoCal with the car until 2022 when she moved up to Seattle are to be closer to him. Dealer continued to maintain the car from 2020-2022, and he took over for the last two years. In her four years of ownership, she's put 4k miles on the clock and it now sits at $73k. She's looking for $6k for it.

Yeah it's a 22 year old car so there's going to be some old car issues, but the condition looks great, I know my coworker has it well maintained, and he has all maintenance records/receipts, including a bunch of work he had done on it after she brought it up to WA. I don't remember what all he listed, but between that work, and everything the dealer did for them in 2020 when they bought it, most of this car has been refreshed in the last 4 years. I'm flying up Sunday to see it in person, test drive it, and possibly drive it back home to Oregon. I lose out on AWD like I'd hoped for, but I get a fun hot hatch with a :manuel: and it can still haul the baby around when Michelle has her car at work if there ever an emergency unlike the little pickups I'd been browsing. Her car will of course remain the family trip car.

:nope:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 pm Went up to Seattle for work M-W.. One of my coworkers is a car guy (VW enthusiast) and I had sent him a Scirroco on BAT last week at some point. We were chatting about that and he mentioned an LR3 that he's going to go look at. Said his mom was going to put her R53 Mini on BAT, then buy his Tiguan from him, and he's likely grabbing the LR3. Asked for some deets on the R53:

:nope:
Ha figured it’d be a pass for you. Go on..
max225

The first gen minis are incredibly unreliable.

If that supercharger, clutch, cooling system, timing chain and entire front suspension was replaced it would be kind of ok… but you’re still rolling the dice.
And they carbon foul as well.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:10 pm The first gen minis are incredibly unreliable.

If that supercharger, clutch, cooling system, timing chain and entire front suspension was replaced it would be kind of ok… but you’re still rolling the dice.
Id kinda echo that, seems like a gem at 6k 72k miles but dont expect it to be 100% problem free forever and $$ to fix. But they are HELLA fun little cars. If you are prepared to spin a wrench every now and again or budget 2-3k a year in repairs and make it someone else's problem I think its fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:10 pm The first gen minis are incredibly unreliable.

I believe all of those have been replaced. I thought carbon wasn’t an issue on those tritec engines.0
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:24 pm

Id kinda echo that, seems like a gem at 6k 72k miles but dont expect it to be 100% problem free forever and $$ to fix. But they are HELLA fun little cars. If you are prepared to spin a wrench every now and again or budget 2-3k a year in repairs and make it someone else's problem I think its fine.
Yeah I’m not expecting problem free by any means. Old car will always have old car shit regardless of how well it’s been maintained. This will be something fun to drive and fun to wrench on. It will just be used to get me to/from the gym 3x/week, 7 miles each way, and to grab groceries 1x/week.
Last edited by SAWCE on Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

*sigh*

Unzips...
Lol. I had to entertain the idea.
I think I'd rather a 335/340 Manual with some more options.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 pm

Hey man! These windows are automatic! What other options could you want! 🤣🤣🤣

Estoril does sound like a hookers name….
max225

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:59 pm
Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 pm

Hey man! These windows are automatic! What other options could you want! 🤣🤣🤣

Estoril does sound like a hookers name….
A gay male hooker yep
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:32 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:24 pm

Yeah I’m not expecting problem free by any means. Old car will always have old car shit regardless of how well it’s been maintained. This will be something fun to drive and fun to wrench on. It will just be used to get me to/from the gym 3x/week, 7 miles each way, and to grab groceries 1x/week.
You should hit up [user not found] for info on these, he still has the :jizz: white he bought twice much like me and the village bicycle.

I think they’re super cool cars, not much out there super charged. Would be wicked fun but not the most reliable I’m sure. Zack has driven his from NJ to TN several years we’ve gone, beaten the piss out of it, driven it home, without issue. If well maintained seems fine if you’re ok with wrenching/maintenance.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

*sigh*

Unzips...
At this point it’s just funny.

It brings you back due to epic bang for buck but then you get it and a few things are so :disappoint: that you bail.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:32 pm

You should hit up [user not found] for info on these, he still has the :jizz: white he bought twice much like me and the village bicycle.

I think they’re super cool cars, not much out there super charged. Would be wicked fun but not the most reliable I’m sure. Zack has driven his from NJ to TN several years we’ve gone, beaten the piss out of it, driven it home, without issue. If well maintained seems fine if you’re ok with wrenching/maintenance.
I was texting with him yesterday morning about it! Everything he brought up as something to look for was something my coworker either had taken care of by the dealer they bought it from or in the work that he had done on it last year, so that gave me pretty solid peace of mind if I do go forward with the transaction.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 pm

I was texting with him yesterday morning about it! Everything he brought up as something to look for was something my coworker either had taken care of by the dealer they bought it from or in the work that he had done on it last year, so that gave me pretty solid peace of mind if I do go forward with the transaction.
What did he bring up? And what was done. Don’t just leave out 2/3 of the story here