:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:06 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:04 pm The cool thing about E46s ... them along side of E90s are absolutely at the bottom of BMW depreciation... they will only go up from here. Like the E30s are appreciating... and so are the E36s
I have a hard time believing that this thing will go up at all from $10k. If anything, it seems too high for the mileage. The :manuel: is the only desirable element. Maybe the long first owner would appeal to someone? :iono: This would be a use and lose proposition and nothing more.
I'd be very curious about the maintenance history. If nothing was ever done outside of oil changes every 15k miles I'd pass this up faster than a hooker with a fever.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9leQg5 ... onvertible

A :triggered: ZOMG ZHP with the same miles and newer couldn't even clear $10k...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:09 pm https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9leQg5 ... onvertible

A :triggered: ZOMG ZHP with the same miles and newer couldn't even clear $10k...
AUTOTRAGIC convertible is the least desirable E46 spec. Add 20% for coupe and another 30% for :manuel:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:08 pm
I have a hard time believing that this thing will go up at all from $10k. If anything, it seems too high for the mileage. The :manuel: is the only desirable element. Maybe the long first owner would appeal to someone? :iono: This would be a use and lose proposition and nothing more.
I'd be very curious about the maintenance history. If nothing was ever done outside of oil changes every 15k miles I'd pass this up faster than a hooker with a fever.
Oh, of course. I'm not going to waste this person's time with those sorts of questions since I'm not really serious.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:09 pm https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9leQg5 ... onvertible

AUTOTRAGIC convertible is the least desirable E46 spec. Add 20% for coupe and another 30% for :manuel:
ZHP :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:04 pm The cool thing about E46s ... them along side of E90s are absolutely at the bottom of BMW depreciation... they will only go up from here. Like the E30s are appreciating... and so are the E36s
Price seems about right for the mileage and it's a sport pack car. For 8500-9500 I'd absolutely consider that. These cars are pretty robust and LOTS have over 200k miles. They're also pretty simple to work on. I think that would be a very enjoyable car own.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:50 pm
Price seems about right for the mileage and it's a sport pack car. For 8500-9500 I'd absolutely consider that. These cars are pretty robust and LOTS have over 200k miles. They're also pretty simple to work on. I think that would be a very enjoyable car own.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:52 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:50 pm

Also the fact it has Nokian snow tires tells me the owner probably didn't spare much expense while owning this car.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Also the fact it has Nokian snow tires tells me the owner probably didn't spare much expense while owning this car.
I broke down and e-mailed the guy.

He "should have" maintenance records going back to when it was new, but needs to check. It was also "serviced religiously" at the most well-known indy euro shop in the area. :notsure:

He said all it needs is "separate wheels need to be replaced" (I assume he means they need new tires, car is currently on the snow tires), and the front speakers "could use replacement".

Someone is checking it out this afternoon, so I assume it's already gone. But I asked him to let me know if the person happens to pass. If I can get it for $8-9.5k, I don't see how I could lose much. Plus, I could check e46 off the car bucket list.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The speaker thing is a great excuse to get the Bavsound speaker upgrade, and if it needs tires you can get what you want. :waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:15 pm The speaker thing is a great excuse to get the Bavsound speaker upgrade, and if it needs tires you can get what you want. :waxer:
Totally. Both are actually kind of pluses (and the guy mentioned he didn't do those things assuming the next owner would prefer to do it themselves).
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:09 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:57 pm

He "should have" maintenance records going back to when it was new, but needs to check. It was also "serviced religiously" at the most well-known indy euro shop in the area. :notsure:

He said all it needs is "separate wheels need to be replaced" (I assume he means they need new tires, car is currently on the snow tires), and the front speakers "could use replacement".

Someone is checking it out this afternoon, so I assume it's already gone. But I asked him to let me know if the person happens to pass. If I can get it for $8-9.5k, I don't see how I could lose much. Plus, I could check e46 off the car bucket list.
Atta boy.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:20 pm

Atta boy.
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Atta boy.
:plac:

It's 85 here today. Rowing through the gears along lake Michigan while the buttery 6 sings unfiltered through the air to my ears would be decent.

Wife would absolutely fly off the handle :triggered: if I bring this up, so it's probably a good thing it's likely gone.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Atta boy.
:plac:

It's 85 here today. Rowing through the gears along lake Michigan while the buttery 6 sings unfiltered through the air to my ears would be decent.

Wife would absolutely fly off the handle :triggered: if I bring this up, so it's probably a good thing it's likely gone.
Until she drove in it, then all would be :muybueno:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:15 pm The speaker thing is a great excuse to get the Bavsound speaker upgrade, and if it needs tires you can get what you want. :waxer:
Totally. Both are actually kind of pluses (and the guy mentioned he didn't do those things assuming the next owner would prefer to do it themselves).
My friend did the Bavsound upgrade to his e46 sedan with HK stereo and loves it. He also has a Bluetooth module that allows you to use all the factory controls, and displays proper info on the stock stereo display
ChrisoftheNorth

Reasons she'll hate the car (pick any/all):
  • Too low (SUV/Truck or die bro)
  • Too rough (dat sport pack doe)
  • Too loud (convertible)
  • Too cold (convertible)
  • Too windy (convertible, she refused to ride in my Jeeps with the top off)
Whatever, without her I'd still be living in a warehouse in the ghetto of LBC surrounded by a myriad of broken cars living solely off In N Out and roach coach burritos.
ChrisoftheNorth

It doesn't work that way. Extra cars are a waste and it doesn't matter what it is or why. It's not needed and worse, the funds could instead go to :pinshit: which is the guiding light of life since our house is an epic shithole and I made her move here.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:16 pm Reasons she'll hate the car (pick any/all):
  • Too low (SUV/Truck or die bro)
  • Too rough (dat sport pack doe)
  • Too loud (convertible)
  • Too cold (convertible)
  • Too windy (convertible, she refused to ride in my Jeeps with the top off)
Whatever, without her I'd still be living in a warehouse in the ghetto of LBC surrounded by a myriad of broken cars living solely off In N Out and roach coach burritos.
Quieter, less windy, and warmer than the boat :doe:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You slay me. Just for the sake of discussion, what are the top 5 :pinshit: things you should be working on?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:iono: my bet is if you buy this she’s stealing the thing and calling it her “Blue Beanie” or something within a couple of weeks.

Sport pack BMW really doesn’t ride rough at all.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:11 pm You slay me. Just for the sake of discussion, what are the top 5 :pinshit: things you should be working on?
Holy shit...

Cut down soffit in living room, remove crown, install power blind, paint
Finish demo sauna, plumb for shower (and all the shit that goes with making a shower out of a sauna)
Finish carpentry work in Gym
Repair rotted wood in entry way
Patch roof from above
Complete retaining wall tier on front of house
Rip carpet off stairs to lower level, paint wood and install carpet runners
Hardwire wifi (this should be #1, but it's ZFG for her until the internet drops then it's :triggered: )
Repaint window trim on patio
Paint garage
Repair tower siding and paint
Cut down trees...lots
Plant trees in new retaining wall area (yes, plant after cutting)

That's just off the top of my head, she could triple this list without breaking a mental sweat. Yes, I've gotten quotes on the big stuff to have someone else do it, no I can't afford it. $10k on a car is $10k not going to some entitled contractor to do a job I could easily do if I didn't have to do a job to make money. It's way easier to give up.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:58 pm :iono: my bet is if you buy this she’s stealing the thing and calling it her “Blue Beanie” or something within a couple of weeks.

Sport pack BMW really doesn’t ride rough at all.
:lolol: doubtful. She doesn't drive anywhere.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:11 pm You slay me. Just for the sake of discussion, what are the top 5 :pinshit: things you should be working on?
Holy shit...

Cut down soffit in living room, remove crown, install power blind, paint
Finish demo sauna, plumb for shower (and all the shit that goes with making a shower out of a sauna)
Finish carpentry work in Gym
Repair rotted wood in entry way
Patch roof from above
Complete retaining wall tier on front of house
Rip carpet off stairs to lower level, paint wood and install carpet runners
Hardwire wifi (this should be #1, but it's ZFG for her until the internet drops then it's :triggered: )
Repaint window trim on patio
Paint garage
Repair tower siding and paint
Cut down trees...lots
Plant trees in new retaining wall area (yes, plant after cutting)

That's just off the top of my head, she could triple this list without breaking a mental sweat. Yes, I've gotten quotes on the big stuff to have someone else do it, no I can't afford it. $10k on a car is $10k not going to some entitled contractor to do a job I could easily do if I didn't have to do a job to make money. It's way easier to give up.
Whoa. :mindblown:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Hard wire WiFi? I got a mesh router system. Or I or something. Speeds haul ass and all wireless so no need to rip walls open.

My list is pretty extensive as well but it’s all house sale prep items that have no actual due date.