:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:19 pm

I actually drove one with those 16”s I believe. They ride pretty damn good.
Yea, I bet it's a pretty good compromise overall. Still probably a decent amount of fun to throw around, but won't bend wheels and shatter anuses over garbage roads.

A :manuel: Pooper S on 16's and LED headlights would be :megusta:
Sounds like new might be :notbad: if the spec is $26K.

I imagine the lights would be nice where you live :doe: I have BMW halogens, they're pretty crappy by modern standards, but I really DGAF personally, I don't drive at night all that much and when I do it's mostly around town - it's never really all that dark.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 pm
Yea, I bet it's a pretty good compromise overall. Still probably a decent amount of fun to throw around, but won't bend wheels and shatter anuses over garbage roads.

A :manuel: Pooper S on 16's and LED headlights would be :megusta:

I imagine the lights would be nice where you live :doe: I have BMW halogens, they're pretty crappy by modern standards, but I really DGAF personally, I don't drive at night all that much and when I do it's mostly around town - it's never really all that dark.
Wow I just checked the BMW/MINI website it seems like they have severely limited the options/availability. The 2023 pooper s now costs 30,900 up from like 25ish... and it now has moonroof+lights+7speed DCT standard. You can't delete any of that.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:51 am Wow, never seen a Z4 in this color. This thing is MINT. :notbad:

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/conway ... 47993.html
For 25 grand, that is a compelling vehicle
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:51 am Wow, never seen a Z4 in this color. This thing is MINT. :notbad:

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/conway ... 47993.html
Seems like a rip-off, but the thing is probably 1 of 1 in its condition so :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:19 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Seems like a rip-off, but the thing is probably 1 of 1 in its condition so :iono:
It is interesting and a mint inline 6 manual transmission BMW roadster.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:45 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:19 am
The M version costs the same or less.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:09 pm

I yield to you, Archduke of all aging Eurotrash knowledge.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:09 pm

Right, if this green car was an M car, it would be a different story. I'd probably buy it just for collectability.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:47 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:50 am

Its not the trans feel, its more of a reliability concern. However, all of the mustangs that are shelby's, boss, etc. not the GT, v6 and ecoboom share a different sturdier transmission. Which are also shared even on the regular Camaro, and all of the Camaro line-up, dodge viper, cts-v etc. So it makes sense. It's not like I plan to make shitton of power with the s550 so it would be less risky for that alone.

The only time I have ever driven a :manuel: BMW was a 1 series hatch in Germany and I felt like it's in between some econoboxes I've rented in Turkey and Greece (including hyundai and peugeot) and the :turboyaris: . I guess a trip to carmax doesn't hurt to find out.

Of course the v8 is what made me consider the 5.0h, which is why I also have the e93 as an option (dat hard top). I can't seem to find any f33 with a :manuel: presuming it's rarer. Also being an older BMW, the rod bearings and other shit that costs an arm and a leg. So I had to find a really good example with a whole bunch of invoices, so I'll know I won't have to deal with much shit. It's funny how the ecoboom mimic the v8 when from the outside, even with an aftermarket exhaust, that sound just simply does not suit the image of the car imo. I simply don't wanna get caught dead on that.

On top of that I am looking for a new place as well to move in within a year, I thought about going for a first time buyer program, but given how the prices are right now at this point, I would say rent is more ideal. Just the other day I did thought about tinting the windows on the accord, but I decided to :nope: not to mention I just filled up $50.00 on donkey piss on a small tank :disgust: and it's from one of the cheaper stations too. I just don't wanna risk :plac: profit for something that will go down in price eventually in a matter of time.
If you're ever near me you're welcome to drive my car. I still love having a :manuel: , BMW units are just kinda rubbery and not very mechanical feeling compared to most American and Japanese cars. The :mk6: :manuel: was about the same. It's :thisisfine: but not :fuckyeah: in feel. I've driven quite a few manual BMWs and they all feel about the same. M cars may be different/better, never driven one, but I've driven E36, 46, F30, M235i, 135i, Z3, maybe some others and the shifters are all kinda rubber. Other than that it is a pretty nice driving experience with a few mods.

The M235i felt about the same as my car to drive but with a better engine/more powah.

Lots of pros/cons in this scenario. At the end of the day for the same money, I think I'd go for a manual Coyote over a non M BMW.

I feel pretty spoiled with my car though, I'm convinced there's nothing better for the $20K price tag. I don't really love the thing, but for a paid off vehicle that costs me very little, it's pretty great.
I have thought about stop by Charlotte on our FL trip but I don't think we'd have enough time. If :tits: and have find a time for a weekend trip in Asheville sometime in june, than I may consider to :dock: You can drive my Ohio A6 :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Wow I just checked the BMW/MINI website it seems like they have severely limited the options/availability. The 2023 pooper s now costs 30,900 up from like 25ish... and it now has moonroof+lights+7speed DCT standard. You can't delete any of that.
No :manuel: on a Pooper S? That is weird and shitty.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:12 am
D Griff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:47 am

If you're ever near me you're welcome to drive my car. I still love having a :manuel: , BMW units are just kinda rubbery and not very mechanical feeling compared to most American and Japanese cars. The :mk6: :manuel: was about the same. It's :thisisfine: but not :fuckyeah: in feel. I've driven quite a few manual BMWs and they all feel about the same. M cars may be different/better, never driven one, but I've driven E36, 46, F30, M235i, 135i, Z3, maybe some others and the shifters are all kinda rubber. Other than that it is a pretty nice driving experience with a few mods.

The M235i felt about the same as my car to drive but with a better engine/more powah.

Lots of pros/cons in this scenario. At the end of the day for the same money, I think I'd go for a manual Coyote over a non M BMW.

I feel pretty spoiled with my car though, I'm convinced there's nothing better for the $20K price tag. I don't really love the thing, but for a paid off vehicle that costs me very little, it's pretty great.
I have thought about stop by Charlotte on our FL trip but I don't think we'd have enough time. If :tits: and have find a time for a weekend trip in Asheville sometime in june, than I may consider to :dock: You can drive my Ohio A6 :hue:
:stig:

FWIW there are WAY better places in the Appalachian Mountains than Asheville, post about it before going if you have any questions on the area. Asheville hotels are also like $400/night+ for reasons.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:16 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:12 am

FWIW there are WAY better places in the Appalachian Mountains than Asheville, post about it before going if you have any questions on the area. Asheville hotels are also like $400/night+ for reasons.
Will do, those prices are not surprising to me. Main reason why I chose an airbnb in philly is because a decent hotel is no less than $450, I ain't paying for that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:24 am
D Griff wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:16 am

Will do, those prices are not surprising to me. Main reason why I chose an airbnb in philly is because a decent hotel is no less than $450, I ain't paying for that.
Damn $450 a night for HO-tels is just not ok...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:05 pm

They are taking what they can get, ZFG. One of the biggest Post-Covid flat out sodomiztions going. It will continue as long as people must hemmorage money to travel for the sake of travel. Pay up or shut up and stay home, motherfucker
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:32 pm

They are taking what they can get, ZFG. One of the biggest Post-Covid flat out sodomiztions going. It will continue as long as people must hemmorage money to travel for the sake of travel. Pay up or shut up and stay home, motherfucker
I spent $175 on 10 days of hotels YTD. They can suck dick. Points FTW.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm

That's a lot of points. I am currently sitting on 300K Alaska Air miles and 300K Amex points. I think they will be blown in some Eurotrash travel, but TBD.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thats why I went for an airbnb. I think its due to something that was going on in Philly on the same weekend we went, but I would go to that airbnb again. In a nice neighborhood, street parking was easy there. It's not south philly :doe:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:38 pm

Thats why I went for an airbnb. I think its due to something that was going on in Philly on the same weekend we went, but I would go to that airbnb again. In a nice neighborhood, street parking was easy there. It's not south philly :doe:
Its PHILLY.... $450 a night is supposed to be 5th Avenue NY pricing
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

When were you looking to be in Philly that hotels were $450? They're typically all under $200 with many in the $100 range.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:15 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:04 pm

They dropped :manuel: from all Poopers because of chips. Doesn't make sense, but there must be some unique computers for the :manuel: cars.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:38 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm

That's a lot of points. I am currently sitting on 300K Alaska Air miles and 300K Amex points. I think they will be blown in some Eurotrash travel, but TBD.
Amex Wimbledon Centre Court package, or Farnborough International airshow early summer. You won't have to be around people with POVERTY cards like discover or capital one

:gtfo:

:fancy:
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Wed May 25, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:38 pm

Amex Wimbledon Centre Court package, or Farnborough International airshow early summer. You won't have to be around people with POVERTY cards like discover or credit one

:gtfo:

:fancy:
NO ON TENNIS. The airshow is :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:15 am

They dropped :manuel: from all Poopers because of chips. Doesn't make sense, but there must be some unique computers for the :manuel: cars.
:sad:

Odd too as Mini seems to have quite a take rate on manual, based on what I see around town and on the used market.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:48 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:11 pm
:sad:

Odd too as Mini seems to have quite a take rate on manual, based on what I see around town and on the used market.
They sell more autos. They make a higher profit on autos. Makes sense to pause the manuals.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's very area dependent. I can get reasonable hotels in most places I go for work - Atlanta, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Raleigh. FL and Austin are a bit more.

I am going to Las Vegas in a bit over a week and it was insane, like $1400 for flight, $350/night for hotel, but whatever, not my money. We are staying at a :millennial: spec airBNB at the beach this weekend for like $80/night, but it is more 'glamping', hotels on the ocean are $$$$ now. Some international stuff is still pretty affordable if you can stomach the flights.