:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 am Also you guys may have forgotten... old cars suck. Even old trucks need a decent amount of upkeep.
:wrong: everything is better old
Only if it's air cooled.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 am Also you guys may have forgotten... old cars suck. Even old trucks need a decent amount of upkeep.
Yea, but once it's kept up, it's not too bad.

After basic maintenance, my GMT400 needed nothing.

But true, it's easy to romanticize about old vehicles, when in reality they blow compared to modern things.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 pm

But true, it's easy to romanticize about old vehicles, when in reality they blow compared to modern things.
Pretty sure this is the gist of what i said the other day on the old truck. :notsure:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I agree and disagree. Just depends on how it was taken care of. We throw away cars for different reasons nowadays. 90s engines still go forever. Ive seen silverados needing bottom ends at 125k. Ive also seen silverados go to 300k. My friends tacoma has 320k on it and he changes his oil once a year or 12k miles. Whatever comes second :lolgasm:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 pm

I still work on a 1998 vehicle it is absolutely abysmal compared to working on a new vehicle. Where things are clean etc.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Oily mess? Just tell yourself its an old porsche. Snob lyfe
I’m sick of working on cars.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:plac: :fullretard:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

Apparently the base AWD Stinger has heated seats, heated steering wheel, dual zone ac, torque vectoring, and does 29 mpg highway on 87. :notbad: for 20% off MSRP with a 100k warranty. My ultralight 17" Koseis from the :wankel: would also fit over the base brakes and drop something stupid like 15 lbs per corner. If I can make time Monday I want to go test drive some stuff including this and a :manuel: Elantra sport, the :plaid: V6 Rav4, and an A3 quattro.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm :plac: :fullretard:

Apparently the base AWD Stinger has heated seats, heated steering wheel, dual zone ac, torque vectoring, and does 29 mpg highway on 87. :notbad: for 20% off MSRP with a 100k warranty. My ultralight 17" Koseis from the :wankel: would also fit over the base brakes and drop something stupid like 15 lbs per corner. If I can make time Monday I want to go test drive some stuff including this and a :manuel: Elantra sport, the :plaid: V6 Rav4, and an A3 quattro.
Might not be easy to sell later but that is a smokin deal. Love to see you get that! Fk SUV's
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote::plac: :fullretard:

If the Elantra Sport is anything like the Lobster, it'll be pretty good. That thing was wonderfully simple, it felt way less video game like than most brand new things.

Hyundai/Kia are making some decent stuff now, it'll be really interesting to see how their strategy plays out being the last manufacturer standing making actual cars.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:

If the Elantra Sport is anything like the Lobster, it'll be pretty good. That thing was wonderfully simple, it felt way less video game like than most brand new things.

Hyundai/Kia are making some decent stuff now, it'll be really interesting to see how their strategy plays out being the last manufacturer standing making actual cars.
I didn't have time to go anywhere else but I drove the Stinger last night and it is :notbad: in 2.0T+AWD trim. My expectations were not high but it's a good car.

It reminds me of our Mazdas, full of modern features but still drives like a simple car with exhaust noise and steering feel. The seats are decent and the seating position is actually low enough to feel right - that almost never happens, even my RX8 seat was too high stock. The hatch area is big enough for me to lay down in with the seats folded.

For $29k it's a lot of car and looks really good in blue. 4/7 would consider buying if I had a parking spot.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:32 am

:dat: the hyundai i rented overseas was pretty decent, :manuel: felt good for an appliance. Still a much better car in every way than my Mirage rental. It is slow, but then again, it's euro/asian spec.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6 ... 6-3lt.html

$15k for an LS3 C6. Wow.

Car seems like it was ridden hard and put away wet with the "transmission issue"...that trans is bulletproof, but still a solid deal.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:57 am https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6 ... 6-3lt.html

$15k for an LS3 C6. Wow.

Car seems like it was ridden hard and put away wet with the "transmission issue"...that trans is bulletproof, but still a solid deal.
That is a lot of car for the money. :impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 am https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Chevrolet ... :0&vxp=mtr

Whorange and comp seats. :megusta:
Is 2015 the overheating year ? Did GM ever do an official fix for it?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 am https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Chevrolet ... :0&vxp=mtr

Whorange and comp seats. :megusta:
:iono:

It's just really on the track in hot weather. Something I'd never do.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:33 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Well I mean one would think that would hurt resale, having a "track" car not being able to perform on the track. 6Xk seems pretty esspensive still. But only 3k miles.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Well I mean one would think that would hurt resale, having a "track" car not being able to perform on the track. 6Xk seems pretty esspensive still. But only 3k miles.
I don't know how big of a deal it is to resale. I know there was an extra cooler released as a "fix", but how many people care about it? :iono:

Car's still too much IMO, but it's rare to see a whorange Z06 manual with competition seats. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one. Can pick up a C7 Z06 for under $60k easy these days if you're not picky about color and options.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm

I don't know how big of a deal it is to resale. I know there was an extra cooler released as a "fix", but how many people care about it? :iono:

Car's still too much IMO, but it's rare to see a whorange Z06 manual with competition seats. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one. Can pick up a C7 Z06 for under $60k easy these days if you're not picky about color and options.
That’s pretty :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm

A lot of car for the price. This is :notbad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Corvette- ... :0&vxp=mtr
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Little to complain about here. Color is great as is the performance and the price is :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Little to complain about here. Color is great as is the performance and the price is :notbad:
650hp for under $60k and not black (but close). Really not a bad buy.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Just depends on what you want to do with it. M3s are quite a bit cheaper and far more DD worthy. They can't touch the straight line speed :doe: but close to 12 seconds flat in the 1/4 is enough to have fun in.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm
Just depends on what you want to do with it. M3s are quite a bit cheaper and far more DD worthy. They can't touch the straight line speed :doe: but close to 12 seconds flat in the 1/4 is enough to have fun in.
Yea, different cars IMO. I'd Challenger Hellcat, personally. Those are in this price range now too.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:20 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Yea, different cars IMO. I'd Challenger Hellcat, personally. Those are in this price range now too.
2 door :doe: I love the widebodies, regular hellcat got ruined for me by that.