Do you even invest?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

[user not found] wrote:
gravey wrote:SWHC is starting to wake up, glad I've got a litteral fuck ton of shares, just wish my cost were lower and I hadn't piled in so quick. Getting bored waiting on earnings 12/13, can't decide if I should sell GS up around $210 or trust there wont be a pullback. Made 5% in GM, with a 4% div and selling at under 4 times next years earnings its cheap refardless of industry trends. Appreciate the reccomendation on that one :wub:
Be careful with SW. I think it's fair at 25ish... If it even gets there
I'll strongly disagree with this but we'll see on the 13th of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

[user not found] wrote:
gravey wrote:SWHC is starting to wake up, glad I've got a litteral fuck ton of shares, just wish my cost were lower and I hadn't piled in so quick. Getting bored waiting on earnings 12/13, can't decide if I should sell GS up around $210 or trust there wont be a pullback. Made 5% in GM, with a 4% div and selling at under 4 times next years earnings its cheap refardless of industry trends. Appreciate the reccomendation on that one :wub:
Be careful with SW. I think it's fair at 25ish... If it even gets there

SWHC is getting awfully close to fair value, getting nervous, I'll probably dump my position. Not quite profitable, but arbitrary valuations are usually accurate, I'd hate to lose money assuming it will rally above the median industry price to earnings valuations which doesn't even account for the high growth nature of the company and discounts future earnings potential based on a blind guess that the largest gun buying population in the world is going to break their habbits based on the lack of fear that a political "leader" is going to take away their guns.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Love it - Bad news for Uber....we need more. Fk them and their shite - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... et-revenue

Ride-hailing company's annual loss may hit $3 billion by year's end
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote:Love it - Bad news for Uber....we need more. Fk them and their shite - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... et-revenue

I hate those assholes and the culture that breeds them and their damn CEO. They basically drove my startup out of business. :rage:
Davestr

maxtdi wrote:
Davestr wrote:Love it - Bad news for Uber....we need more. Fk them and their shite - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... et-revenue

I hate those assholes and the culture that breeds them and their damn CEO. They basically drove my startup out of business. :rage:
There is zero good about that operation. Zero. More pain for them is my holiday wish. The worst of capitalism is on display with them. Just stupid. Sorry about your startup mang....fk Uber and all they represent.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The VIX is at the lowest point in a long time. Much wow. ITs unprecedented in an election year.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Why would I tell any of you what I do? Don;t be taking mah shizz!
*reserved for no content*
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Is this as :impressive: as I think it is?

https://research.wealthfront.com/whitep ... -indexing/

Dat rich getting richer tax-avoidance now available to the upper middle class?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

fed raised rates a quarter point. will DJI take a dive in response?
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm Is this as :impressive: as I think it is?

https://research.wealthfront.com/whitep ... -indexing/

Dat rich getting richer tax-avoidance now available to the upper middle class?
In4updates
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote:Twitter is :derp: anyway. What a stupid thing.
5/7 Unanimous Clan Funsponge agreement. You know who should have twitter accounts? Warren Buffet. Stephen Hawking. Everybody else is just too goddam stupid to be blasting their every thought about the universe.
I don't find anything interesting about Warren Buffet and his breakfast tendencies. He puts certain ppl in Kentuky to shame.
"I tell my wife, as I shave in the morning, I say, 'Either $2.61, $2.95 or $3.17.' And she puts that amount in the little cup by me here [in the car]," he explains in HBO's documentary, "Becoming Warren Buffett," which debuted Monday.

Each amount corresponds with a different option at McDonald's.

"When I'm not feeling quite so prosperous, I might go with the $2.61, which is two sausage patties, and then I put them together and pour myself a Coke," he tells director Peter Kunhardt in the documentary.
"$3.17 is a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, but the market's down this morning, so I'll pass up the $3.17 and go with the $2.95."
:disgust: live my the :scrooge: die by the :scrooge:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm fed raised rates a quarter point. will DJI take a dive in response?
Up ~107 :iono:
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:02 pm

5/7 Unanimous Clan Funsponge agreement. You know who should have twitter accounts? Warren Buffet. Stephen Hawking. Everybody else is just too goddam stupid to be blasting their every thought about the universe.
I don't find anything interesting about Warren Buffet and his breakfast tendencies. He puts certain ppl in Kentuky to shame.
"I tell my wife, as I shave in the morning, I say, 'Either $2.61, $2.95 or $3.17.' And she puts that amount in the little cup by me here [in the car]," he explains in HBO's documentary, "Becoming Warren Buffett," which debuted Monday.

Each amount corresponds with a different option at McDonald's.

"When I'm not feeling quite so prosperous, I might go with the $2.61, which is two sausage patties, and then I put them together and pour myself a Coke," he tells director Peter Kunhardt in the documentary.
"$3.17 is a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, but the market's down this morning, so I'll pass up the $3.17 and go with the $2.95."
I'll let your shower off the coal dust from digging that post out of the bottom of the mine, Maxwell.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:12 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm

I'll let you shower off the coal dust from digging that post out of the bottom of the mine, Maxwell.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

so, markets are down after fed bumps rates, and GDP got revised down again. And investors are scratching heads.

:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Eh. They'll rebound. I for one am looking forward to actually earning a bit of interest on my various savings accounts.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr

Something Trump and Bannon will never read LOL

Germany and Industry 4.0 - Chancellor Angela Merkel is urging Germany’s heavy industry to modernize -- a policy dubbed Industry 4.0 (for "the fourth industrial revolution") -- wherein the likes of BMW AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Daimler AG, SAP SE and Siemens AG are investing billions of euros to defend the country’s world-leading automakers and machine builders from U.S. and Asian competition. That’s not even counting the thousands of midsized Mittelstand companies hoping to get on board and several hundred million euros invested by the government.

"Germany has focused on manufacturing first and completely transforming it," said Henning Kagermann, president of the National Academy of Science and Engineering (Acatech) and a former CEO of SAP. "This is the backbone of our success in Germany. How can we defend our businesses so if the top line drops by 30 percent they can still make money?"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... the-future
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Davestr wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:12 am Something Trump and Bannon will never read LOL

Germany and Industry 4.0 - Chancellor Angela Merkel is urging Germany’s heavy industry to modernize -- a policy dubbed Industry 4.0 (for "the fourth industrial revolution") -- wherein the likes of BMW AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Daimler AG, SAP SE and Siemens AG are investing billions of euros to defend the country’s world-leading automakers and machine builders from U.S. and Asian competition. That’s not even counting the thousands of midsized Mittelstand companies hoping to get on board and several hundred million euros invested by the government.

"Germany has focused on manufacturing first and completely transforming it," said Henning Kagermann, president of the National Academy of Science and Engineering (Acatech) and a former CEO of SAP. "This is the backbone of our success in Germany. How can we defend our businesses so if the top line drops by 30 percent they can still make money?"

:impressive:
They are an absolute manufacturing powerhouse, with yuuge trade surplusses, yet still manage to have high wages, strong unions, generous PTO packages, state of the art infrastructure, and 1st class universal health care, all while maintaining a capitalist economy . :mindblown:
Goes to show what smart government policies can do.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr

wap wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 am
Davestr wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:12 am Something Trump and Bannon will never read LOL

:impressive:
They are an absolute manufacturing powerhouse, with yuuge trade surplusses, yet still manage to have high wages, strong unions, generous PTO packages, state of the art infrastructure, and 1st class universal health care, all while maintaining a capitalist economy . :mindblown:
Goes to show what smart government policies can do.
They do the best they can with what they have for sure. No country is perfect of course.....but being a human here seems a bit more pleasant than other places as you mention. Still the robots are coming mang! No country will avoid the tidal wave of automation on the way. There are 2 new FANUC facilities near me.....all industrial robotics and they keep making the facility larger and larger near me.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Anyone has any more investment advice?

I bought Lockheed stock earlier this year. It's been doing pretty great.
Apex

My Bank's stock price is up 1.64% today alone. :notbad:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:31 pm My Bank's stock price is up 1.64% today alone. :notbad:
:notbad: which bank? It's all dem subprime auto loans :waxer:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:19 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:31 pm My Bank's stock price is up 1.64% today alone. :notbad:
:notbad: which bank? It's all dem subprime auto loans :waxer:
PGC is the ticker. We don't really do auto loans. :lol:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I don't invest because it feeds the corporate overlords.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Easy to point fingers when your defense budget is a whopping 1.2% of the GDP. How about Germany triple that or make some payments to the country providing security to it and the rest of the eu neighbors?

Also Germany is increadibly protectionist when it comes to its own economy. While blasting the us for even suggesting what it's been doing for ages. Can we talk about how Germany treated the poles and Mexicans like 3rd rate citizens for years ? And didn't allow them the same workers rights etc.

Nah all sunshine and mosques over there