2019 Mazderp3

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:04 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm Kind of reminds me of the 4 series grancoupe, which has significantly worse visibility than my 3 series. But honestly its fine. :whocares:
The visibility is fine. I sat in the backseat of ours for the first time last week and it has no headroom for the linebacker crew. I was clautrophobic at 5'11". Nothing at all like the greenhouse/ back seat room of the W211 E350, which is like a limousine by comparison.
It’s “fine” in the camaro as well. It depends on what you consider acceptable, drive a 3,4 back to back and it’ll be quite apparent. I never understood the 4 door version of a 2 door version of a 4 door car. That’s some bmw :fullretard: bs.

On a similar Note My buddies 80k mile E350 is quite spacious in the back.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:14 pm

The visibility is fine. I sat in the backseat of ours for the first time last week and it has no headroom for the linebacker crew. I was clautrophobic at 5'11". Nothing at all like the greenhouse/ back seat room of the W211 E350, which is like a limousine by comparison.
It’s “fine” in the camaro as well. It depends on what you consider acceptable, drive a 3,4 back to back and it’ll be quite apparent. I never understood the 4 door version of a 2 door version of a 4 door car. That’s some bmw :fullretard: bs.

It's all copying the CLS/VW CC/A7 thing. MUST DESTROY UTILITY OF BACK SEAT COUPE WITH FOUR DOORS THING. The BMW is ok visibility, the CLS straight up sucked ass.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:24 pm

It's all copying the CLS/VW CC/A7 thing. MUST DESTROY UTILITY OF BACK SEAT COUPE WITH FOUR DOORS THING. The BMW is ok visibility, the CLS straight up sucked ass.
CLA is crap also, same length as my car and completely unusable back seat and no rear head room either.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:24 pm

CLA is crap also, same length as my car and completely unusable back seat and no rear head room either.
AND BUTT UGLY. I know you like how those drive but they are hideous IMHO, at least the Audi/BMW/CLS are attractive.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:38 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:35 pm

AND BUTT UGLY. I know you like how those drive but they are hideous IMHO, at least the Audi/BMW/CLS are attractive.
:dat: all of :dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I've been in a few of those in Berlin and the w211's as taxis, they feel roughly the same as backseat space and visibility. Slightly more comfortable and spacious than the f10 5 series, especially if you sit in the middle. I rode in the backseat of my uncle's CLA45 AMG and recently got in an uber CLA, I agree wholeheartedly on what desert said on CLS.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 pm
Cuz 50/50 weight distribution in almost every vehicle as well as rwd = same
Man, that'd be something if Mazda developed a RWD sedan.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:35 am
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Cuz 50/50 weight distribution in almost every vehicle as well as rwd = same
Man, that'd be something if Mazda developed a RWD sedan.
Then it’ll be quite a game changer and only snobs and fanbois will get BMW’s, if mazda even starts to make inline 6 engines as well.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

IMO the only thing they're missing are engines. BMW always had revvy good sounding motors that were fun to beat on.
max225

"they are only missing engines, chassis" :gtfo: out of here guys...

it's like saying, yea that girl can be a Victoria's secret model, she just needs to lose 40lbs and get some plastic surgery and grow 5".
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I think their chassis and handling is fine but what do I know. I don't think they need an inline 6 either. A Rwd sedan would be pretty nice and I think would sell better than the stinger. Overall I think the brand is headed in the right direction even if that means the chances of a mazdaspeed 3 or 6 again is a long shot
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Yeah, that's silly. I think of Mazda more like Honda from the 90s. Everything Honda made then had a bit of sportiness injected into it. More capable handling than the competition, revvy and efficient 4 cylinder motors, direct gearboxes, and light weight...exactly the same stuff Mazda is doing now.
Last edited by coogles on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:31 pm
Yeah, that's silly. I think of Mazda more like Honda from the 90s. Everything Honda made then had a bit of sportiness injected into it. More capable handling than the competition, revvy and efficient 4 cylinger motors, direct gearboxes, and light weight...exactly the same stuff Mazda is doing now.
And honda is making the Civic Sport, Civic Si, Civic Type R, Acura NSX. Plenty of A spec acuras etc...

Why rain down the hate on Honda when they have more "sportyness" in their lineup, outside of the Sole Miata as a beacon for Mazderp.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm And honda is making the Civic Sport, Civic Si, Civic Type R, Acura NSX. Plenty of A spec acuras etc...

Why rain down the hate on Honda when they have more "sportyness" in their lineup, outside of the Sole Miata as a beacon for Mazderp.
Not sure where you're getting "hate" from my last post, but okay. I'll lay some on in this one, though. The NSX is cool, but a total departure from what made 90s Honda great. Too expensive, too complicated, electronic everything...just, no. The Civic Sport and Si have eco-focused motors with the boost cranked up, not playful revvy NA inline 4s. The Type R is great too in many respects, but it's hideous, expensive, and overheats on the track. It's not at all 90s Honda. 90s Hondas were simple, clean, minimalist...they were regular models with just a bit of fizz added to them relative to offerings from other manufacturers. Mazda has been pursuing that ethos for at least a decade, Honda is only just now getting back to those roots with the current Civic and Accord. The CR-V and Pilot don't have a lick of sportiness to them, whereas the CX-5 and CX-9 do. And well, the Miata is pretty damn important considering it's the only car left of its kind and requires a massive investment from Mazda due to being on a totally bespoke platform.
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm And honda is making the Civic Sport, Civic Si, Civic Type R, Acura NSX. Plenty of A spec acuras etc...

Not sure where you're getting "hate" from my last post, but okay. I'll lay some on in this one, though. The NSX is cool, but a total departure from what made 90s Honda great. Too expensive, too complicated, electronic everything...just, no. The Civic Sport and Si have eco-focused motors with the boost cranked up, not playful revvy NA inline 4s. The Type R is great too in many respects, but it's hideous, expensive, and overheats on the track. It's not at all 90s Honda. 90s Hondas were simple, clean, minimalist...they were regular models with just a bit of fizz added to them relative to offerings from other manufacturers. Mazda has been pursuing that ethos for at least a decade, Honda is only just now getting back to those roots with the current Civic and Accord. The CR-V and Pilot don't have a lick of sportiness to them, whereas the CX-5 and CX-9 do. And well, the Miata is pretty damn important considering it's the only car left of its kind and is a requires a massive investment from Mazda due to being on a totally bespoke platform.
Powerful revvy I4s is not the name of the game, no one in the industry does this. The engines in the honda line ups are completely fine, and they return the same FE as civic HXs that had no airconditioning and 80hp. Honda is giving the people what they want. And they make OK cars, I can't say any refrigerator brand here is vastly superior. Mazda has been doing the ZOOM ZOOM pitch for 2 decades now, and if anything they have the worst line up when it comes to performance on their current record, as do the others.

Everyone is chasing the refrigerator payment shoppers. Mazda/honda/toyota and the likes, I'd argue Toyota is actually stepping out to be a clear winner, as their current/future model line up is the best out of the Japanese brands, with performance/reliability/value and now also style.

I just don't see why anyone would crown Mazda as the crown jewel of the Japs, they make fine cars sure, but so do the others. I'd say nissan is the only one clearly in the shitter, not honda, because they make nothing but garbage and have 0 distinguishing factors.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:59 pm Powerful revvy I4s is not the name of the game, no one in the industry does this. The engines in the honda line ups are completely fine, and they return the same FE as civic HXs that had no airconditioning and 80hp. Honda is giving the people what they want. And they make OK cars, I can't say any refrigerator brand here is vastly superior. Mazda has been doing the ZOOM ZOOM pitch for 2 decades now, and if anything they have the worst line up when it comes to performance on their current record, as do the others.

Everyone is chasing the refrigerator payment shoppers. Mazda/honda/toyota and the likes, I'd argue Toyota is actually stepping out to be a clear winner, as their current/future model line up is the best out of the Japanese brands, with performance/reliability/value and now also style.

I just don't see why anyone would crown Mazda as the crown jewel of the Japs, they make fine cars sure, but so do the others. I'd say nissan is the only one clearly in the shitter, not honda, because they make nothing but garbage and have 0 distinguishing factors.
Missing my point totally. I'm not saying Mazda has a "better" overall lineup than Honda, however you want to define that, as measured by overall sales or average performance stats or anything else. I'm saying their philosophy regarding design and driving dynamics are more similar to 90s Honda than to 2000s BMW, as mentioned in that article that was linked.
Johnny_P

Nissan :sad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Not sure where you're getting "hate" from my last post, but okay. I'll lay some on in this one, though. The NSX is cool, but a total departure from what made 90s Honda great. Too expensive, too complicated, electronic everything...just, no. The Civic Sport and Si have eco-focused motors with the boost cranked up, not playful revvy NA inline 4s. The Type R is great too in many respects, but it's hideous, expensive, and overheats on the track. It's not at all 90s Honda. 90s Hondas were simple, clean, minimalist...they were regular models with just a bit of fizz added to them relative to offerings from other manufacturers. Mazda has been pursuing that ethos for at least a decade, Honda is only just now getting back to those roots with the current Civic and Accord. The CR-V and Pilot don't have a lick of sportiness to them, whereas the CX-5 and CX-9 do. And well, the Miata is pretty damn important considering it's the only car left of its kind and requires a massive investment from Mazda due to being on a totally bespoke platform.
Honda is sporty or not, when you see the interior, you can tell Honda is pretty much cramming lot of :derp: friendly tech as possible. It is visibly shown when you look at the dash. Mazda is essentially the opposite, their infotainment layout is more audi-esque, making it minimal but just as useful, more driver friendly in comparison. VTEC is pretty much the thing of the past for Honda's :sad: now they're more majority consumer focused with a few "sporty" cars in the line-up that are also reasonably priced (like 10th gen Si and 2.0t that still comes with manual), and that's about it.

Now how current japanese cars are:
Mazda = enthusiast oriented that's reasonably priced
Honda = more general consumer based with lot of standard tech, along with much fewer sporty offerings.
Toyota = :aintcare: about sporty (perhaps exception of new corolla) and just focused on the same approach of durability.
Nissan = cars that are just reliable and that's about it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:51 am
IMO the only thing they're missing are engines. BMW always had revvy good sounding motors that were fun to beat on.
:dat: i6's have a very smooth powerband and revhappy, almost electric car like. 4 bangers seem to be like that as well, especially the 116i I had as rental in berlin that has 130 hp. One of my buddy's in high school had the second gen 3 with :manuel: and I remember him revving the shit out of it and not hating on it, still has it doe.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:31 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm

And honda is making the Civic Sport, Civic Si, Civic Type R, Acura NSX. Plenty of A spec acuras etc...

At least Mazda has a beacon?

Why the hate for Mazda? Good steering feel across the board, taut handling, above-average refinement in the current crop of product, and nice designs? The only thing they've been missing is outright power. But that's not Mazda's ethos.
Cause it doesn't have some super cool subjective factor like an fca product
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Why the hate for Mazda? Good steering feel across the board, taut handling, above-average refinement in the current crop of product, and nice designs? The only thing they've been missing is outright power. But that's not Mazda's ethos.
FCA are kings of that. Here's a 160 HP "fast" shitbox of a car that's literally terrible but it sounds like a Ferrari :megusta:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Do you even live your life 1/4 mile at a time, bro?
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:39 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:53 pm

FCA are kings of that. Here's a 160 HP "fast" shitbox of a car that's literally terrible but it sounds like a Ferrari :megusta:
The neon srt with power windows in the front and crank in the back lmao
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:39 pm

I was thinking 500 Abarth :lolol: they are both horrible vehicles that give you a woody for some reason.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:53 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:48 pm

I was thinking 500 Abarth :lolol: they are both horrible vehicles that give you a woody for some reason.
Gives me a :flaccid: but I'm admittedly an fca hater