Sooooo... what happened?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Well, how do we want to go about it?

I already promote via sigs to my gay-rage on other forumz. And I've recruited a few.

Meanwhile, you slackers... ( @melon excluded, since he's brought the whole redstick contingent onboard)
I'm with Chops. Literally nobody cares about cars where I work. Most of my friends there are either old farts that can barely email, or pseudo-hipster :millennials: that would rather snapchat dickpics to each other all day.

Outside there, my friends are mostly into cycling stuff, basically none would be forum people.
New ladyboner thread may change things a bit for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: SdKfz 181

[user not found] wrote:Ideally, I'd like to grow the site a bit beyond just the forum - turn it into a content haven for things like beer, cars, tech, house shit, etc.

Now that we have an actual website with blogging capabilities... it's certainly doable.

Make DFD something real? Huh.
my name is yan but i go by igor and i live under teh stairs
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Internet is the path of the future.

rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Someday we will even be able to purchase goods on the computer and have them delivered to our front door the very same week!

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote:
Breh, we don't want a bunch of millenial whiny :baby: coming here. There should be some selective criteria for fresh meats.
That's exactly what we need.

A bunch of punching bags.
They do give the most lulz.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
Survival of the shittest.
Momsporsche make it over yet?
Speaking of punching bags...
But :who cares:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

I already promote via sigs to my gay-rage on other forumz. And I've recruited a few.

Meanwhile, you slackers... ( @melon excluded, since he's brought the whole redstick contingent onboard)
I'm with Chops. Literally nobody cares about cars where I work. Most of my friends there are either old farts that can barely email, or pseudo-hipster :millennials: that would rather snapchat dickpics to each other all day.

Outside there, my friends are mostly into cycling stuff, basically none would be forum people.
Same. :rage:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:Ideally, I'd like to grow the site a bit beyond just the forum - turn it into a content haven for things like beer, cars, tech, house shit, etc.

Now that we have an actual website with blogging capabilities... it's certainly doable.
I think there could be something here. A number of members are solid writers...really just turn novel forum posts into blog posts with a bit of editing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I'm with Chops. Literally nobody cares about cars where I work. Most of my friends there are either old farts that can barely email, or pseudo-hipster :millennials: that would rather snapchat dickpics to each other all day.

Same. :rage:
You work at GM doe? :notsure:

lol.... I work in oil and gas. And I'd love an EV. So I guess I fall into the same boat.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:

I think there could be something here. A number of members are solid writers...really just turn novel forum posts into blog posts with a bit of editing.
That would be good! We need to get McQueenie back here in that case.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: I think there could be something here. A number of members are solid writers...really just turn novel forum posts into blog posts with a bit of editing.
Exactly. Also we really aren't a car forum though it's how we met.

Sent from :[user not found]: and :alpo:
I think that's what makes us cool...or what makes us stay. We're not just 100% cars. It's finance, pinshit, houses, family, etc, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Same. :rage:
You work at GM doe? :notsure:

lol.... I work in oil and gas. And I'd love an EV. So I guess I fall into the same boat.
Yea, that's the worst part about it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: I think there could be something here. A number of members are solid writers...really just turn novel forum posts into blog posts with a bit of editing.
That would be good! We need to get McQueenie back here in that case.
He would be a solid contributor. He just doesn't have thick enough skin to last here.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: That would be good! We need to get McQueenie back here in that case.
He would be a solid contributor. He just doesn't have thick enough skin to last here.
So how do we do the blog thing? DFD front page is the blog? We submit a monthly to Jalopy?
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: He would be a solid contributor. He just doesn't have thick enough skin to last here.
So how do we do the blog thing? DFD front page is the blog? We submit a monthly to Jalopy?
The DFD homepage is wordpress...which is an excellent blog platform. So it's just a matter of getting content going on the homepage. You'd want to get a solid foundation going, then start working with bigger sites to get link shares to start.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

Sounds like DFD material to me? :iono:
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote:

"solid writers"
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Hansgustaf wrote:
"solid writers"
:poop: ?
brain go brrrrrr
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
"solid writers"
:poop: ?
Me thinks yes.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

waitin for [user not found] to get here like:

Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
:dat:

Segments:

@desertbreh's "How not to order an Individual BMW" man that'd be a good story once he finally gets the real deal.

@Big Brain Bradley's weekly fax

@detroit's front porch

@[user not found]'s do it yourself pants hemming gone wrong

etc.
oh?
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote: