Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Another scathing review. This time from R&T. Reviews seem to be all over the place with this car with regards to performance. Some say it’s great dynamically, others say it’s pretty bad. :iono:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a3 ... h-the-gti/
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Also audi is ditching their 2 of the cheapest cars, the A1 and q2, both we don't get anyway so it doesn't matter us that much. To make room for budget for ev's
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:41 am Another scathing review. This time from R&T. Reviews seem to be all over the place with this car with regards to performance. Some say it’s great dynamically, others say it’s pretty bad. :iono:

:wtf: membershit required to read?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:41 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:41 am Another scathing review. This time from R&T. Reviews seem to be all over the place with this car with regards to performance. Some say it’s great dynamically, others say it’s pretty bad. :iono:

Its almost like they want to make a profit.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Weird. I was able to read it the other day without.

This should be readable.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... h-the-gti/
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:55 pm Weird. I was able to read it the other day without.

This should be readable.

Damn. That is some fire.

I watched another review of the Elantra N (DCT version) a couple days ago and that car looks legit good. I don't love the styling, but I think at that price point it's easily the choice over the GTI or Civic Si. That it's better than the Golf R too isn't the least bit surprising.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:55 pm

Weird. I was able to read it the other day without.

This should be readable.

That worked!
Holy shit, they trashed it, and seemingly with good reason. :|
wap

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:03 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:55 pm Weird. I was able to read it the other day without.

This should be readable.

Damn. That is some fire.

I watched another review of the Elantra N (DCT version) a couple days ago and that car looks legit good. I don't love the styling, but I think at that price point it's easily the choice over the GTI or Civic Si. That it's better than the Golf R too isn't the least bit surprising.
Agreed. Much :| that it doesn't also come in a hatch version, :doe: :(
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:07 pm Agreed. Much :| that it doesn't also come in a hatch version, :doe: :(
Definitely, especially because the i30N sold in Europe looks really damn good. Wish they'd just offer that one here.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I mean even us peasants made the same determination. No one LOVES the new GTI. It's a half assed effort. But it's also a dying category so it kind of makes sense to half ass it. Aint nobody buying sporty hatchbacks
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

There’s nothing new in that article aside from the R not being able to outrun the Hyundai. The Golf R has always been the more comfy choice that was not as engaging to drive but felt like a better overall / more refined place to be than the others. That it’s not as fun on a back road as a rip snorting razor sharp Hyundai product isn’t surprising because that has never been the intent of it.
wap

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:13 pm
wap wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:07 pm Agreed. Much :| that it doesn't also come in a hatch version, :doe: :(
Definitely, especially because the i30N sold in Europe looks really damn good. Wish they'd just offer that one here.

Yep, love that thing. I'd buy one if it was offered here. As long as it had a compass. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:36 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:13 pm

Yep, love that thing. I'd buy one if it was offered here. As long as it had a compass. :lol:
The Ioniq is pretty loaded and seems to be compassless :notsure:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:18 pm

I mean even us peasants made the same determination. No one LOVES the new GTI. It's a half assed effort. But it's also a dying category so it kind of makes sense to half ass it. Aint nobody buying sporty hatchbacks
Is it a dying segment though? I see many GTIs, Sis, WRXs, etc. every day. They may be finishing but it doesn’t really seem so anecdotally.

On the flip side most people here drove one at one point and now several have switched to :truckyeah: but most of us still do drive/own some sort of sport compact.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:27 am
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:18 pm

Is it a dying segment though? I see many GTIs, Sis, WRXs, etc. every day. They may be finishing but it doesn’t really seem so anecdotally.

On the flip side most people here drove one at one point and now several have switched to :truckyeah: but most of us still do drive/own some sort of sport compact.
I wouldn't say it is dying with the Integra and GR Corolla coming shortly.

I dumped my truck for a GTI two years ago, and really don't have a desire to get back into a truck.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:27 am

I dumped my truck for a GTI two years ago, and really don't have a desire to get back into a truck.
:mahman:

I would say it's kind of the best it's other been. New entrants from slanty H are pretty epic, Civic Si is still very good (and we never got an R here and now a second iteration is on the way), Integra like you said, Toyota hasn't been in it since 2005ish and they're potentially back soon. BMW, Mercedes, and Audi play in this area as well for upmarket stuff.

Americans aren't playing here, but they've never really been known for it, just had a good few years with the FiST/FoST/FoRS.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:03 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 am

:mahman:

I would say it's kind of the best it's other been. New entrants from slanty H are pretty epic, Civic Si is still very good (and we never got an R here and now a second iteration is on the way), Integra like you said, Toyota hasn't been in it since 2005ish and they're potentially back soon. BMW, Mercedes, and Audi play in this area as well for upmarket stuff.

Americans aren't playing here, but they've never really been known for it, just had a good few years with the FiST/FoST/FoRS.
It's a shame that Mazda stepped away from the Speed3 and Speed6, especially with the cult following of the Speed3. With their current design language, they could have produced some really elegant iterations of both. I never really paid attention to the Elantra N, but it does have some interesting numbers on paper and a decent warranty to boot. The only downside is its face. The GR Corolla really has my interest piqued, though.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:25 am

:doomed: does it have an aux in or a CD player though ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This should be readable.

Damn. That is some fire.

The Elantra N really does seem like a great buy. My brother is trying to buy one now but like everything else dealers don’t seem to know when they’re getting them. And of course markups which he won’t pay.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:04 am

Damn. That is some fire.

The Elantra N really does seem like a great buy. My brother is trying to buy one now but like everything else dealers don’t seem to know when they’re getting them. And of course markups which he won’t pay.
Markups on a Hyundai product are downright criminal.
wap

:wtf: :triggered: :rage:
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:00 am

:lol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:09 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:04 am

Markups on a Hyundai product are downright criminal.
Yup. He told me the dealer said msrp despite every vehicle listed on their site having a $500-1500 “market adjustment”. That’s bold even showing the markup on their website.

That just reminded me of this email I received the other day from the local scumbag VW dealer.

max225

Yep sticker is doable on a “normal” vehicle don’t let any scumbag dealer tell you otherwise. Also vote with your wallet they can only charge more if you’re willing to pay more.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:00 am

:nope:

I had to think about this question as I hadn't noticed either. There could be an aux hidden somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

I do wish the Elantra N had a bit different front end, it's otherwise quite compelling.