Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:01 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm

I didn't mind him too much, the Honda :derp: ? The K04 is super reliable dude... ? The omg now that my car makes 2x the wheel horsepower it is no longer reliable VW is a POS dude?
:dat:

I found him to be a know-it-all... I mean, this was his progression:

"OMG K04 FUCK YES EVERYONE DO THIS 2X THE POWAH"
"OMG VWs ARE HUGE PIECES OF SHIT BECAUSE ME CAR MAKING 2X STOCK POWAH BROKE WAH WAH WAH"
"OMG ANYONE NOT DRIVING A HONDA IS STUPID AND INFERIOR TO ME BECAUSE I'M AN ENGINEER"

Meh.
Well yea... I got lost with the whole supercharged minivan thing... and he claimed that honda pilots "average" 30mpg. The bias in that dude was insane... however i didn't mind him outside too much outside of Honderp topics...

I am pretty sure I :triggered: the shit out of him with my NO MODS comments. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:03 pm

"OMG VWs ARE HUGE PIECES OF SHIT BECAUSE ME CAR MAKING 2X STOCK POWAH BROKE WAH WAH WAH"
"OMG ANYONE NOT DRIVING A HONDA IS STUPID AND INFERIOR TO ME BECAUSE I'M AN ENGINEER"

Meh.
Well yea... I got lost with the whole supercharged minivan thing... and he claimed that honda pilots "average" 30mpg. The bias in that dude was insane... however i didn't mind him outside too much outside of Honderp topics...

I am pretty sure I :triggered: the shit out of him with my NO MODS comments. :lol:
Yeah to be fair he wasn't an ass hole or anything, good enough dude. I just struggle with someone claiming an entire brand is absolute shit over and over again when he A. doubled stock power on the vehicle in question and B. works for a competitor.

:ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm quite certain a 400 hp Civic Si is also a POS.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:12 pm I'm quite certain a 400 hp Civic Si is also a POS.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:19 pm

God, that guy... :disgust:
I didn't mind him too much, the Honda :derp: ? The K04 is super reliable dude... ? The omg now that my car makes 2x the wheel horsepower it is no longer reliable VW is a POS dude?
Yep, that's the dood. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Meh.
All :dat: :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:11 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:03 pm

Yeah to be fair he wasn't an ass hole or anything, good enough dude. I just struggle with someone claiming an entire brand is absolute shit over and over again when he A. doubled stock power on the vehicle in question and B. works for a competitor.

:ohwell:
Well, as occasional member DBEST stated at one point, you shouldn't expect miracles from a tuner who's MO was to short out the ECU.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am generally pro modding and am indifferent to APR (personally went the Unitronic route on my :mk6: ) but to expect a car with upgraded turbo to maintain stock reliability is :lolol:

Unless a mod is like... bigger radiator or higher quality shocks or something along those lines, it should be assumed it will make the car less reliable, IMO. Particularly if it's there to add power.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:28 am
wap wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Haven't needed a water pump since my Scirocco around 1988-ish. :iono:
First reported MK8 water pump replacement already in some FB groups. Dude is at like 8k miles lol
My :turboyaris: mk6 took shit on the water pump around 8k I believe, when she was fully stock
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Somehow they're making it worse... Hopefully that screen is just for testing purposes. This isn't the refresh anyone asked for.

Although I can't wait until they have a screen that splits the windshield in half.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/09/28/vw- ... ew-screen/

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I saw this too. :lolol:

As if that's what folks were complaining about.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

That's gotta be a test unit.

Screens are getting out of hand. They have to be reaching the point of being distractions in and of themselves. At Stellanus, product "planning" was obsessed with beating other's total screen size. Yes, I had to compile competitive data to sum screen sizes and put plans together to beat them in my products. And this is just the beginning, insanity is coming down the pipe. Eventually the entire dashboard from driver door to passenger door will be a single screen.

It's :disgust: I'll stick with my screen-less 22 year old homeless truck thank you very much.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:17 am Somehow they're making it worse... Hopefully that screen is just for testing purposes. This isn't the refresh anyone asked for.

Although I can't wait until they have a screen that splits the windshield in half.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/09/28/vw- ... ew-screen/

Oh FFS :rage:
Still has those stupid steering wheel buttons, too. :gag:
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:15 pm That's gotta be a test unit.

Screens are getting out of hand. They have to be reaching the point of being distractions in and of themselves. At Stellanus, product "planning" was obsessed with beating other's total screen size. Yes, I had to compile competitive data to sum screen sizes and put plans together to beat them in my products. And this is just the beginning, insanity is coming down the pipe. Eventually the entire dashboard from driver door to passenger door will be a single screen.

It's :disgust: I'll stick with my screen-less 22 year old homeless truck thank you very much.
It's already started.
:|
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:15 pm That's gotta be a test unit.

It's already started.
This concept was plastered all over every product "planning" presentation I put together at stellanus.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I got a migraine from sitting in a Tesla Model S for 60 seconds, I can't imagine how strained my eyes would be in one of these things.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:11 pm

It's already started.
This concept was plastered all over every product "planning" presentation I put together at stellanus.
:disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We are all :wap: :lolol:
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:11 pm

It's already started.
Why not? MB created the current world standard in interiors. They are epic.
max225

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:03 pm I got a migraine from sitting in a Tesla Model S for 60 seconds, I can't imagine how strained my eyes would be in one of these things.
What was the issue? My MS and MX in dark mode were excellent. The screens are worlds ahead of any other manufacturer in terms of usability/speed. Also it negated the use of a phone as CarPlay was no longer needed. The car was the sole device needed for all things driving/navigation/sound. I miss that part about the cars the most. Don't really care that much for the rest.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:04 pm We are all :wap: :lolol:
:notwrong: :hue:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:53 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:03 pm I got a migraine from sitting in a Tesla Model S for 60 seconds, I can't imagine how strained my eyes would be in one of these things.
What was the issue? My MS and MX in dark mode were excellent. The screens are worlds ahead of any other manufacturer in terms of usability/speed. Also it negated the use of a phone as CarPlay was no longer needed. The car was the sole device needed for all things driving/navigation/sound. I miss that part about the cars the most. Don't really care that much for the rest.
This was in a Tesla showroom back when they had those (in the mall :lol: ), so I'd guess the screen was set to max brightness or something. But it felt like sitting in the front row at the movie theater. Way too bright, way too much screen real estate, way too close to my face.
wap

:fuckyeah:
Real buttons coming back, at least to the steering wheel.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/vw-brings ... s-complain
Volkswagen has been listening. All of the complaints, from both customers and media members, about its move to touch-sensitive steering wheel and interior buttons have been heard and VW is getting rid of them. Thomas Schäfer, Volkswagen AG board member, recently confirmed on LinkedIn that physical steering wheel buttons are making a comeback.

"We are sharpening our portfolio and our design, plus creating a new simplicity in operating our vehicles. For example, we are bringing back the push-button steering wheel! That’s what customers want from VW." Schäfer said.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm :fuckyeah:
Volkswagen has been listening. All of the complaints, from both customers and media members, about its move to touch-sensitive steering wheel and interior buttons have been heard and VW is getting rid of them. Thomas Schäfer, Volkswagen AG board member, recently confirmed on LinkedIn that physical steering wheel buttons are making a comeback.

"We are sharpening our portfolio and our design, plus creating a new simplicity in operating our vehicles. For example, we are bringing back the push-button steering wheel! That’s what customers want from VW." Schäfer said.
:ohdang:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm :fuckyeah:

Good, those recent design elements were loosing support faster then Biden's woke strategies. Goodbye