Crangshaft Aftermath: Deep Kosher Roast

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:38 am Just for the love of all things holy, do not start the car this morning, and let the tow people take care of it. Get your loaner and head on in to work.

Did you ever check the oil? I know you said you were going to after dinner.
Yeah, I just called AAA. Not starting the car. Already told them I can't start it. I'll check the oil in a bit. Gotta get ready for work.
:crang:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 pm inb4 :crang: engine :nuke:

STAGE 1 v2.4 :doe:

Stupid OEM engineer morans.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Also, I think the Crang engine Bang chronicle deserves its own thread.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:38 am Also, I think the Crang engine Bang chronicle deserves its own thread.
:dat: :popcorn:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
nuggstein

Just checked oil. Looks good...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 am Just checked oil. Looks good...
That's good.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:12 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 am Just checked oil. Looks good...
That's good.
Coffee toast to ya this morning, sir.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sno wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:19 am
Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:12 am

That's good.
Coffee toast to ya this morning, sir.
Hey there lovely lady. Morning.

Time for Covfefe indeed.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I'm having covfefe too :wub:
Johnny_P

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:38 am Also, I think the Crang engine Bang chronicle deserves its own thread.
Could put it in stupid wrenching stories :popcorn:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:43 pm What the fuck is happening?! I didn't think this was my car until it was. It's so loud! Fuck! It seems like it got slower when I accelerated. Saw check engine light blink a few times. Ugh, fuck! I can't afford this now.

I listened to this...piston slapping? rod knock? fuck help.

http://mycarmakesnoise.com/under-the-ca ... e-pistons/

fuck what the fuck

as others said, make sure they put oil in it....it sounds like a no oil problem...
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:02 am
Johnny_P wrote:
Could put it in stupid wrenching stories :popcorn:
I’ve got a lot of old APR material we could resurrect...
:doit:
nuggstein

Please don't yell at me. I had no choice but to turn the car one for one minute and move it. AAA would not take car out of garage due to insurance reasons. Tow guy is cool and won't mention it to VW. I'll tip him well.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm Also, can you take a pic of the receipt showing what they just did?

I have a small army of Porsche/Audi/VW master technicians at my disposal.
Here are the pics:
Not in any particular order. I also DO want to add, when I was driving away with my car at the dealership, the engine light was blinking. The service guy took the car, scanned it for a code, it was code P0087. He mentioned something about them putting a little gas in and that it should be fine. It was cleared and drove fine when I left. This was on Friday (3/15/2018) around 5 PM He actually printed me out the paper work which has the date and time and everything that it occurred.

This is the fault that occurred when I went to drive off with it:

they chaged the oil

:rage: jesus fuck go check the cock fucking sukining oil beifre you hand it to your twisted clearly dishonest dealer!!!!! if they find it without oil...they might add it and try to PIN THIS ON YOU
:rolleyes: :crang: jesus. just when i think you are starting to adult ok you pull this shit. CHECK THE FUCKING OIL
brain go brrrrrr
nuggstein

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 am

Here are the pics:
Not in any particular order. I also DO want to add, when I was driving away with my car at the dealership, the engine light was blinking. The service guy took the car, scanned it for a code, it was code P0087. He mentioned something about them putting a little gas in and that it should be fine. It was cleared and drove fine when I left. This was on Friday (3/15/2018) around 5 PM He actually printed me out the paper work which has the date and time and everything that it occurred.

they chaged the oil

:rage: jesus fuck go check the cock fucking sukining oil beifre you hand it to your twisted clearly dishonest dealer!!!!! if they find it without oil...they might add it and try to PIN THIS ON YOU
:rolleyes: :crang: jesus. just when i think you are starting to adult ok you pull this shit. CHECK THE FUCKING OIL
I did check the oil.
ChrisoftheNorth

Here are the pics:

they chaged the oil

He did a few posts back. Said it was good.

Car's toast regardless. I legit feel bad for poor :crang: :dillerman: going to make this a bitch.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:25 am Please don't yell at me. I had no choice but to turn the car one for one minute and move it. AAA would not take car out of garage due to insurance reasons. Tow guy is cool and won't mention it to VW. I'll tip him well.
you are a fucking idiot, i'm over this

:popcorn: only from here out
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

they chaged the oil

Car's toast regardless. I legit feel bad for poor :crang: :dillerman: going to make this a bitch.
Legit curious how this plays out.

It apparently drove fine for a couple days. That's the bitch here. Sure it threw a code during pick up, but cleared and didn't come back and was driving fine for a little bit. Wonder if it was a fucked up injector install, dropped valve, or HFPF shit the bed due to tune update and leaned the car out which caused a 'splodey piston.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:25 am Please don't yell at me. I had no choice but to turn the car one for one minute and move it. AAA would not take car out of garage due to insurance reasons. Tow guy is cool and won't mention it to VW. I'll tip him well.
God fucking dammit.

Dude, we're really trying to help you out here, genuinely.
But it's in one ear, out the other.

You knew the car was damaged, and drove it not once, but twice now.
Your eliminating all your legs you'll need to stand on.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:55 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

Legit curious how this plays out.

It apparently drove fine for a couple days. That's the bitch here. Sure it threw a code during pick up, but cleared and didn't come back and was driving fine for a little bit. Wonder if it was a fucked up injector install, dropped valve, or HFPF shit the bed due to tune update and leaned the car out which caused a 'splodey piston.

The fact that it drove fine for a few days plus the t00n makes this a very easy situation for the :dillerman: to :nope: out on. Especially since VW won't warranty the engine with the t00n, it's in the :dillerman: to make it right. Which.... :lolol: :yeahok:

Definitely sounds like a lean situation that melted a piston.

Johnny_P

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 am
God fucking dammit.

:whocares: it doesn't matter at this point the damage is done and engine block is likely scored.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 am
Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 am

God fucking dammit.

:whocares: it doesn't matter at this point the damage is done and engine block is likely scored.
:dat: Turning it on again would make it worse, but it was already screwed so whatever.