Crangshaft Aftermath: Deep Kosher Roast

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 pm How are they gonna tow my car? It's in a garage with columns and stuff. And then cars they have to avoid when exiting the garage? (Once they exit, there will be a car parked on each side of the road, so they will have to corner it or something. Nervous about that.
You push it, actually, you let them push it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm Is there oil in it?
/In4report
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Inb4 :crang: “how do I check for oil?”
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:15 pm
He's not thinking with his dipstick, Jimmy.
:bruh:

i cant even. :millennial:

feed her some more advocado toast.

:crang:

post a list of what the dillerman did to you car in service. It was more than just tires.

Also. If your CEL ever BLINKS. and you hear that loud ass noise. TURN THE CAR OFF IMMEDIATELY. Like dont drive it around. Don't crank it again.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:29 pm
/In4report
:bruh:

:mindblown:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

But seriously, as resident dealership service monkey here...

Be very careful what you say to the dealer on the basis they may be scumbags.

You were driving, it lost power, you went to drive it home, lost power again and it started making noise.

Simple as that. You paid them a shitload of money to perform services. A handful of miles later... this happens.

Let them diagnose it and let us know what they come back with. You’ve spent more than enough money with that dealer recently to show you’re an ideal customer, but just let them figure out what’s wrong first.

If they tell you they want diagnostic charges to figure it out, stand your ground. They just had that thing opened up. That one’s on them.

You have more than enough people here for help if you need it. Just ask.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Also, can you take a pic of the receipt showing what they just did?

I have a small army of Porsche/Audi/VW master technicians at my disposal.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 pm But seriously, as resident dealership service monkey here...

Be very careful what you say to the dealer on the basis they may be scumbags.

You were driving, it lost power, you went to drive it home, lost power again and it started making noise.

Simple as that. You paid them a shitload of money to perform services. A handful of miles later... this happens.

Let them diagnose it and let us know what they come back with. You’ve spent more than enough money with that dealer recently to show you’re an ideal customer, but just let them figure out what’s wrong first.

If they tell you they want diagnostic charges to figure it out, stand your ground. They just had that thing opened up. That one’s on them.

You have more than enough people here for help if you need it. Just ask.
:dat:

All

Stick it to the man.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm Also, can you take a pic of the receipt showing what they just did?

when OT goes Car Talk.

:popcorn:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

C'mon :crang: , me and everyone else asked if there's oil in it. Check and let us know. And post the repair receipt. And DO NOT START IT TOMORROW MORNING. ESPECIALLY, in front of the tow truck driver. He'll just tell the :dillerman: that you drove it and they'll pin the repair cost on you. Let the tow guy figure out how to get to your car. He may push it with you inside steering it. It's his job to figure it out :doe:
We'll help you through this but you have to let us help you. Get us the info we asked for and for once take our suggestions. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 pm How are they gonna tow my car? It's in a garage with columns and stuff. And then cars they have to avoid when exiting the garage? (Once they exit, there will be a car parked on each side of the road, so they will have to corner it or something. Nervous about that.
The tow drivers will figure it out. One thing a tow truck won't do is NOT take a car they're supposed to :lol:

Leave the NEW STAGE 1 IS SICK BRAH deets out when you're talking to the service guys. You were driving home, shit happened, you got it back to the garage and that's it. See what they say. The car was just in for a major service with them.

Although it might be entirely unrelated. This sounds like a broken piston. The knocks are too slow to be a timing tensioner, but it's still in time with the engine, leading me to believe it's a single cylinder. So either a piston or a dropped valve. Stand your ground though, they JUST had the engine opened up for work, they just shell blasted the valves.... so if it dropped a valve.....
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:05 pm C'mon :crang: , me and everyone else asked if there's oil in it. Check and let us know. And post the repair receipt. And DO NOT START IT TOMORROW MORNING. ESPECIALLY, in front of the tow truck driver. He'll just tell the :dillerman: that you drove it and they'll pin the repair cost on you. Let the tow guy figure out how to get to your car. He may push it with you inside steering it. It's his job to figure it out :doe:
We'll help you through this but you have to let us help you. Get us the info we asked for and for once take our suggestions. :like:
I would check the oil for sure. Or look under the car to see if there's a giant puddle or chunks missing from the pan.

:crang: to check the oil, get a rag, pull the dipstick out, wipe it clean with the rag, put it back in, and then pull it out. There are two marks on the end of the dipstick for high and low, the oil line should be in between those. If it's bone dry there's your problem.

But really it's :dillerman: 's issue to take care of IMO if they left a car go out of their shop with low or no oil, or a dicked up oil plug.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

wap wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:05 pm C'mon :crang: , me and everyone else asked if there's oil in it. Check and let us know. And post the repair receipt. And DO NOT START IT TOMORROW MORNING. ESPECIALLY, in front of the tow truck driver. He'll just tell the :dillerman: that you drove it and they'll pin the repair cost on you. Let the tow guy figure out how to get to your car. He may push it with you inside steering it. It's his job to figure it out :doe:
Thank you. Unsure about oil. I got called for work, no time to check right now. Will check that in the morning. I do want to mention I did start the car again just to see if the issue went away when I first parked it in the garage. I immediately turned it off and never started it again, and will not.
nuggstein

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm Also, can you take a pic of the receipt showing what they just did?

Here are the pics:
Not in any particular order. I also DO want to add, when I was driving away with my car at the dealership, the engine light was blinking. The service guy took the car, scanned it for a code, it was code P0087. He mentioned something about them putting a little gas in and that it should be fine. It was cleared and drove fine when I left. This was on Friday (3/15/2018) around 5 PM He actually printed me out the paper work which has the date and time and everything that it occurred.

This is the fault that occurred when I went to drive off with it:

Last edited by nuggstein on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 pm
Thank you. Unsure about oil. I got called for work, no time to check right now. Will check that in the morning. I do want to mention I did start the car again just to see if the issue went away when I first parked it in the garage. I immediately turned it off and never started it again, and will not.
Do NOT tell anyone that you started it again! Check the oil when you're done with work and let us know. It literally takes 5 seconds. Read :wasteful: 's post if you're not sure how to check your oil. Good luck and help us to help you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
nuggstein

wap wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:51 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Do NOT tell anyone that you started it again! Check the oil when you're done with work and let us know. It literally takes 5 seconds. Read :wasteful: 's post if you're not sure how to check your oil. Good luck and help us to help you.
I hope they can't check the computer to see that it started again.
Johnny_P

nuggstein wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:52 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:51 pm

I hope they can't check the computer to see that it started again.
Checking the oil will tell us more and be able to help you more, brah. Takes 30 seconds tops, most of that being opening and closing the hood. Get a paper towel and go :doit:
Johnny_P

Fuel rail pressure too low indicating possible issue with a fuel pump
New Stage 1 tune runs the engine more to the ragged edge, higher fueling demand, etc
Car blows up

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this was a good 'ol lean burn engine blow up.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:Fuel rail pressure too low indicating possible issue with a fuel pump
New Stage 1 tune runs the engine more to the ragged edge, higher fueling demand, etc
Car blows up

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this was a good 'ol lean burn engine blow up.
razr390

inb4 :crang: engine :nuke:

STAGE 1 v2.4 :doe:

Stupid OEM engineer morans.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 pmin4meltedpiston
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote:in4meltedpiston
I am fearful (for Crang) that they will blame the tune for the engine failure and say that they only cover the workmanship to install the tune (i.e. cover a bricked cpu). Head office sees a TD1 code on the scan and :nope: out.

Hey doesn't Gay-PR cover some warranty items now?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 pm
[user not found] wrote:in4meltedpiston
I am fearful (for Crang) that they will blame the tune for the engine failure and say that they only cover the workmanship to install the tune (i.e. cover a bricked cpu). Head office sees a TD1 code on the scan and :nope: out.

Yes, but only if you buy the APR Plus low output tune, for $500 more than the regular tune - they basically throw in a 60k engine warranty for $500 that they back if VW doesn’t.

Ultimately, I see diller at fault.

The car broke down ON THE WAY OUT THE DOOR with a flashing check engine light and a p0087 code for low fuel rail pressure.

Hindsight says he should have left the car there for them to QC, but it’s too late now.

My money is on botched installation of an injector or manifold (or both) causing the car to run horribly lean (hence his loss of power) and he basically melted it.

$free.50 bet is that a long block is in the not too distant future coming from VW diller’s goodwill funds.

The key thing is the last pic he posted with the P0087 code when it broke down heading out the door. That car would have never left my dealership if that was me.

Hold on to that, Crang. That’s gonna be key for you.
nuggstein

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 pm am fearful (for Crang) that they will blame the tune for the engine failure and say that they only cover the workmanship to install the tune (i.e. cover a bricked cpu). Head office sees a TD1 code on the scan and :nope: out.

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:07 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 pm I am fearful (for Crang) that they will blame the tune for the engine failure and say that they only cover the workmanship to install the tune (i.e. cover a bricked cpu). Head office sees a TD1 code on the scan and :nope: out.

Yes, but only if you buy the APR Plus low output tune, for $500 more than the regular tune - they basically throw in a 60k engine warranty for $500 that they back if VW doesn’t.

Ultimately, I see diller at fault.

The car broke down ON THE WAY OUT THE DOOR with a flashing check engine light and a p0087 code for low fuel rail pressure.

Hindsight says he should have left the car there for them to QC, but it’s too late now.

My money is on botched installation of an injector or manifold (or both) causing the car to run horribly lean (hence his loss of power) and he basically melted it.

$free.50 bet is that a long block is in the not too distant future coming from VW diller’s goodwill funds.

The key thing is the last pic he posted with the P0087 code when it broke down heading out the door. That car would have never left my dealership if that was me.

Hold on to that, Crang. That’s gonna be key for you.
I've had the tune for this car since 2013 (about 8-10 months in of me owning it brand new). Just got an updated version of the software. It was installed by them, and they always honored my warranty work in the past. Even the most recent manifold and fuel injectors were covered.

I didn't mention any loss of power. The car felt like it drove fine? I think? Just that horribly loud sound.

The service guy told me everything was fine and just to fill it up with more gas or something like that. I remember saying, "So it's all good to drive now, right? No more issues?" And he said yes. I shook his hand thanking him and went on my merry way.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Just for the love of all things holy, do not start the car this morning, and let the tow people take care of it. Get your loaner and head on in to work.

Did you ever check the oil? I know you said you were going to after dinner.