OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-ExtremeContact Continentals DWS
-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
But racecar

Contis are a good deal. Should be able to get them for 120 or 130
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

haleyann wrote:does anyone have a membership at a gold's gym? are they one of the chains that let you go to any of their locations if you get a membership?
They have different tiers of membershit, some with reciprocity, some without.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 am YouTube video just popped up in my feed talking about a PS5 release date of 2020.

Fuck man time flys. PS4 just came out *looks at watch* 4 years ago!?!
Do you ever remember the PS9 commercial? I think it came out prior to the Playstation 3.

:crang:
nuggstein

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
But racecar

Tire rack showed the contis not available for my car ?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

My ass has 19s and I want to downsize but the rimz look so good.

Need some classy 17s. Poll to decide??
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

haleyann wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 am No Planet Fitness out there?
Planet fitness doesn’t have a pool.

So my current problem is I’ve gained 10 pounds since starting school, because instead of my normally active work and social life, I’m sitting in a classroom or sitting in the library or sitting on the couch ALL DAY. I’ve been trying to go on walks (usually about 4 miles), sometimes I even run (hate it though), and I’ve made yoga a pretty regular thing. I need something more if I’m gonna lose this weight, which I need to, my pants are getting pretty tight.... a couple years ago I dropped 10 pounds no problem because I joined 24 hour and started swimming 4-5 days a week. I love swimming. But so few gyms have pools and golds gym is the only chain located in both cities I live in.

If I get a planet fitness membership the only way I’ll go is if I have a friend who will make me go. Idk what to do. I wish I liked running haha.
This has always been a challenge for me being on the road and enjoying the gym. I did the Planet Fitness thing for a few years but that place just really sucks, $20 or not. It's a great deal if you want to just hit cardio machines and such, but otherwise, :nope:

Have you considered the YMCA? I joined almost a year ago now and I love it. You can save money by submitting your income (which I'm guessing is low now since you're a full time student) or going in on it with your roommates. You can use any YMCA in the US and most have pools, friendly people, and great facilities. 5/7 worth the money over Planet Fitness, IMO.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

datgrundle wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 am
haleyann wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 am

So my current problem is I’ve gained 10 pounds since starting school, because instead of my normally active work and social life, I’m sitting in a classroom or sitting in the library or sitting on the couch ALL DAY. I’ve been trying to go on walks (usually about 4 miles), sometimes I even run (hate it though), and I’ve made yoga a pretty regular thing. I need something more if I’m gonna lose this weight, which I need to, my pants are getting pretty tight.... a couple years ago I dropped 10 pounds no problem because I joined 24 hour and started swimming 4-5 days a week. I love swimming. But so few gyms have pools and golds gym is the only chain located in both cities I live in.

If I get a planet fitness membership the only way I’ll go is if I have a friend who will make me go. Idk what to do. I wish I liked running haha.
Hire me as your personal Yoga instructor, I ran classes for years when I was NYC.
I love yoga, but I feel like it’s not great for losing weight... unless you think otherwise
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 am
But racecar

Tire rack showed the contis not available for my car ?
225 45/18 iirc?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

haleyann wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 am Most YMCA's have recerprical membership AND pools. Working in a little resistance training esp in the legs will also help you burn more calories when idle since your current lifestyle is less active. Or so they say.
Yeah but gyms are intimidating and I have no idea what I’m doing
Bummer about the Y. They also offer a personal training session free when you join and are some of the least intimidating compared to Gold's which is bicep city. Y is mostly olds. The only downside to the Y is the disproportionate amount of :dong: you see in the locker room.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am
haleyann wrote:

This has always been a challenge for me being on the road and enjoying the gym. I did the Planet Fitness thing for a few years but that place just really sucks, $20 or not. It's a great deal if you want to just hit cardio machines and such, but otherwise, :nope:

Have you considered the YMCA? I joined almost a year ago now and I love it. You can save money by submitting your income (which I'm guessing is low now since you're a full time student) or going in on it with your roommates. You can use any YMCA in the US and most have pools, friendly people, and great facilities. 5/7 worth the money over Planet Fitness, IMO.
There isn’t a YMCA near school :( would be a great option though.

There is a super expensive racquet club near school, that partners with other non-chain clubs in the northwest. That’s an option, just a spendy one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

nuggstein wrote:wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
Get a less sporty all season, you're not really a driving enthusiast, something basic from Michelin, BFG, Continental, Bridgestone, Kuhmo, etc will be fine for your driving style and environment. It's not like you're catching canyons or doing Autox events.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

haleyann wrote:
datgrundle wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 am Hire me as your personal Yoga instructor, I ran classes for years when I was NYC.
I love yoga, but I feel like it’s not great for losing weight... unless you think otherwise
I bet he thinks the inevitable post yoga :dock: sessions are though.

The most athletic female body I've ever experienced was this thirty something year old yoga instructor chick. She said that was pretty much the only exercise she does.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Saw Marine One flying toward Andrews AFB on my way to work today :impressive:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am
nuggstein wrote:wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
Get a less sporty all season, you're not really a driving enthusiast, something basic from Michelin, BFG, Continental, Bridgestone, Kuhmo, etc will be fine for your driving style and environment. It's not like you're catching canyons or doing Autox events.
I got kinda the same problem. I gotta family alliance and want a good name the but everything in 19s are 200 range, even the Grand touring stuff.

outside of summer tires, everything is the same price.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 am
4zilch wrote:
Sometimes I wish his "problems" were my problems.
:dat:

Hoping my problems begin to turn around.
They will.

in4 used RF Club w/ bbs/brembro for $20k :scrooge:

I won't even be picky about color
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 am

:(
we really need to get out the sandbox
Im working on it. But the resources are too damn valuable.
What resources?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:hai: DFD
wap

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 am Fuck me!
No thanks. :gag:
wap

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 am

Why do you assume you’re fucked? Could be they turned off rolling for one specific station or it registered and didn’t alert you. Relax.
No it came off with "EZ pass tag not read." but the car in front of me was fine. You sign all of these waivers and stuff when getting a loaner from VW.
What did you get for a loaner?
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am ITT: DFD (mostly :wasteful: ) figures out a solution to :crang: 's problem.
:dat:
wap

4zilch wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am ITT: :crang: figures out a solution to ilhis problem.
Sometimes I wish his "problems" were my problems.
Right?!?
nuggstein

wap wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:17 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 am
No it came off with "EZ pass tag not read." but the car in front of me was fine. You sign all of these waivers and stuff when getting a loaner from VW.
What did you get for a loaner?
fully loaded Jetta
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

haleyann wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am

There isn’t a YMCA near school :( would be a great option though.

There is a super expensive racquet club near school, that partners with other non-chain clubs in the northwest. That’s an option, just a spendy one.
Wait, your school does not have a gym/rec center?
brain go brrrrrr
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 am

I was referencing both. Im trying to leave.

The country has too much to lose here.
How did we ever survive as a country for 200 years without Qatar
Barely. Almost didn't make it. Sad.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am

Not specifically referencing Qatar. More so the middle east.

And yes I would love to leave and correct our country in other ways. But the value economically to stay here and "stabilize" the unrest/ fight terrorism outweigh what we see.
No really good options, I agree.

I'm not scared of terrorism and long term oil isn't the answer so it's time to pull off the band aid
:dat: :dat:
:bravo: