DFD Travelogue - From 7-11 to the Arctic - Post it up

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:30 pm I've done more miles as of today than I did all or last year. On the upside, I'm grounded in preparation for the baby as of next week!
:fuckyeah: Glad you'll be close to home for the near future, at least.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Heading to Switzerland in 3 days.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm Heading to Switzerland in 3 days.
Nice!! and where?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I may have a possible family trip to chiraq and minneapolis sometime in November, roadtrip of course.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:14 am
wap wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm Heading to Switzerland in 3 days.
Nice!! and where?
Zurich and Geneva for 4 days each, and we bought rail passes so we'll take day trips to Lucerne, Lausane, Bern, etc.

Have you ever been there?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:29 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:14 am

Nice!! and where?
Zurich and Geneva for 4 days each, and we bought rail passes so we'll take day trips to Lucerne, Lausane, Bern, etc.

Only to zurich as of recent. But been to geneva once when i was still living in turkey and elgelberg, and thats about it. The zurich airport doe is 5/7

Now its the perfect time for me to visit weather wise, so im quite jelly needless to say
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Only to zurich as of recent. But been to geneva once when i was still living in turkey and elgelberg, and thats about it. The zurich airport doe is 5/7

Now its the perfect time for me to visit weather wise, so im quite jelly needless to say
Cool. 5/7 looking forward to this trip. Switzerland has been on my radar for many years now so I'm :excited: to finally cross it off the list.
wap

And the weather finally seems to have broke there. It had been in the 80's and 90's most of the summer but now it seems like it'll be 50's/60's/low 70's while we're there. :megusta:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:55 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Cool. 5/7 looking forward to this trip. Switzerland has been on my radar for many years now so I'm :excited: to finally cross it off the list.
Nice! Enjoy it, and pre-oktoberfest season too.

Zurich is more vibrant than Geneva, Geneva is alright, but not as nice.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 pm

:word:
We're planning on taking day trips to other towns, too. Lucerne, Lausanne, and Bern are possibilities.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Leaving Baltimore to head back to D.C. right now. One thing I'll say is that Baltimore public transportation workers are fucking rude as fuck. D.c. drivers are chill and totally willing to help clarify things like if you're on the right bus, but my god, we got attitudes from 2 mother fuckers in the Balty. We skipped the last shuttle from a Lightrail that was way too late and took an uber straight to the Amtrak station. Can't wait to get back to the damn metro where we know where we're going and won't have to deal with the attitudes. :sass:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 pm Leaving Baltimore to head back to D.C. right now. One thing I'll say is that Baltimore public transportation workers are fucking rude as fuck. D.c. drivers are chill and totally willing to help clarify things like if you're on the right bus, but my god, we got attitudes from 2 mother fuckers in the Balty. We skipped the last shuttle from a Lightrail that was way too late and took an uber straight to the Amtrak station. Can't wait to get back to the damn metro where we know where we're going and won't have to deal with the attitudes. :sass:
Some dc ubers suck as a person. I once had an afghan driver when the dude was turning left, he covered a lane of the oncoming traffic. Some dude in a caddy honked and the driver flipped him.

And an indian purposely taking the longer route and I told him to turn left when he was going straight and from the look on his face, he seemed pissed.
wap

Confirming this. We preferred Zurich to Geneva too. Geneva is quite nice, especially their lakefront area, but Zurich is very cool. Actually, I think our favorite town was Lucerne.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:09 pm
Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 pm Leaving Baltimore to head back to D.C. right now. One thing I'll say is that Baltimore public transportation workers are fucking rude as fuck. D.c. drivers are chill and totally willing to help clarify things like if you're on the right bus, but my god, we got attitudes from 2 mother fuckers in the Balty. We skipped the last shuttle from a Lightrail that was way too late and took an uber straight to the Amtrak station. Can't wait to get back to the damn metro where we know where we're going and won't have to deal with the attitudes. :sass:
Some dc ubers suck as a person. I once had an afghan driver when the dude was turning left, he covered a lane of the oncoming traffic. Some dude in a caddy honked and the driver flipped him.

And an indian purposely taking the longer route and I told him to turn left when he was going straight and from the look on his face, he seemed pissed.
We haven't done any ubers or lyfts in dc, so I can't really comment. But the last time we were here we saw uber and lyft stickers on shit tons of cars. And a lot of people popping hueys to cross the streets and pick up their peeples. This time I'm not seeing so many. Dc transit is pretty good so we only called out a cab or uber when we're way out of range of a bus stop and we're too tired to walk, or when we needed to make a reservation and what we were visiting was taking longer than planned.

We like dc tho. It's why we came back. We didn't even get to see everything we wanted so we planned a 2nd trip around our anniversary to check out all kinds of other stuff. Only real regret was we went with a cheaper air bnb, and we assume it's cheaper because it's a walk to the nearest bus stop and a trek to get to any major areas. Last time we were a block away from the metro and it as perfect. Convenience stores on your way to the metro, and shit like walgreens if you needed anything. Now we're kind of in residential area so simple things require planning
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Confirming this. We preferred Zurich to Geneva too. Geneva is quite nice, especially their lakefront area, but Zurich is very cool. Actually, I think our favorite town was Lucerne.
Lucerne was nice, as I said, i’ve been there when I was 8 where I didn’t appreciate as much, but yeah its a pretty chill area. Zurich like i said it seems like more worth it to be there compared to both
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Lucerne was nice, as I said, i’ve been there when I was 8 where I didn’t appreciate as much, but yeah its a pretty chill area. Zurich like i said it seems like more worth it to be there compared to both
:word:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I'd really like to go see Norway.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:51 pm I'd really like to go see Norway.

Dis.
yeah... bored at work so Im just looking at cool places. Their roadway connecting islands is NUTS.

wap

Norway is pretty fantastic. Clean air, clean water, electric vehicle charging stations everywhere, :mindblown: fjords, :drool: salmon/seafood, friendly people, :amaze: museums.
Kinda :troywax: , :doe:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Norway is pretty fantastic. Clean air, clean water, electric vehicle charging stations everywhere, :mindblown: fjords, :drool: salmon/seafood, friendly people, :amaze: museums.
dont forget all the crazy nazi concrete bunkers in the wilderness/fjord.

:ruinpron:

:jimp:

wap

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 pm
wap wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:37 pm

dont forget all the crazy nazi concrete bunkers in the wilderness/fjord.

:ruinpron:

:jimp:

Didn't see any of those, but that's a :neat: pic!
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

Flying home to Sweden next week for 4 nights :wtf: but on the way back I’ll be flying into MIA where I’ll spend a night.

Any recommendations for a :waxer: :meat:?
I’ll be staying in Miami Beach but will have a :burnout: rental so am willing to drive a bit if needed.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 pm Flying home to Sweden next week for 4 nights :wtf: but on the way back I’ll be flying into MIA where I’ll spend a night.

I’ll be staying in Miami Beach but will have a :burnout: rental so am willing to drive a bit if needed.
It's on bayside. Coconut Grove has some too. And best of all it's Turkish patriotic AF
https://www.yelp.com/biz/nusr-et-steakhouse-miami
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am
Swedish Chef wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 pm Flying home to Sweden next week for 4 nights :wtf: but on the way back I’ll be flying into MIA where I’ll spend a night.

It's on bayside. Coconut Grove has some too. And best of all it's Turkish patriotic AF
I’ve heard it can be quite underwhelming, meme aside.

Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Swedish Chef wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am

I’ve heard it can be quite underwhelming, meme aside.

There is a joint in West Palm called the Okeechobee Steak House that's really good.....Oldest Steakhouse in the state of Florida........This is the kind of place where you get a male waiter who is like 60. He knows his shit because he he started there as a busboy 35 years ago and worked his way up.... They bring you out a tray of raw steaks for you to pick your own......

https://www.okeesteakhouse.com/

a bit pricey and a bit of hike from Miami...but if you were up there anyway its a cooler experience than Ruth's Chris (which you can find a few miles away on the same street).