9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I went to change the cabin filter today while I had the glove box out to replace the broken latch... there was no filter in there at all. :wtf:

Used car problems. :whocares:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 pm I went to change the cabin filter today while I had the glove box out to replace the broken latch... there was no filter in there at all. :wtf:

Secret drug running hiding place?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

wap wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 pm I went to change the cabin filter today while I had the glove box out to replace the broken latch... there was no filter in there at all. :wtf:

More like ultra :stig: weight reduction. No floor mats, no filters, glove box stuck shut and empty so nothing heavy gets in there... :plaid:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:46 pm

More like ultra :stig: weight reduction. No floor mats, no filters, glove box stuck shut and empty so nothing heavy gets in there... :plaid:
:impressive:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Surprised it has one at all...

What likely happened was it was at a dillershit for service, tech pulled the filter and told the :derp: it needed replacement for $199 and :derp: said no way so tech :aintcare: to put it back. Happened to my friend and his air filter ....
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:53 am

What likely happened was it was at a dillershit for service, tech pulled the filter and told the :derp: it needed replacement for $199 and :derp: said no way so tech :aintcare: to put it back. Happened to my friend and his air filter ....
Cabin filters take all of 2 minutes to replace DIY. They literally just slide out and slide in. And they're $15 at the parts store.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:15 am

Cabin filters take all of 2 minutes to replace DIY. They literally just slide out and slide in. And they're $15 at the parts store.
Depends on the car. I believe the first gen Honda Pilot has some major shit you had to do to get to it. And as we all know :dillerman: will bill you much more than 2 min worth of work
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:15 am

Entirely depends. On the Volt, I had to remove the glovebox. 4 screws and about 15 minutes of time (after I dropped a screw into the dash), but it wasn't a simple plug and play like it should have been.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

On the RX8 it is a 3 minute job when the glovebox latch isn't broken. Open glovebox, pop damper rod off (by hand, no tools required), pull box out (by hand, no tools required), pull cabin filter cover out (by hand, no tools required), swap out filters. They even made the filter 2 pieces so that it would be easier to get in and out in the crowded/awkward space under the dash. Definitely NOT a car engineered in Germany...
troyguitar

Sunny and cold today.

edit: Yuck, tapatalk compressed the hell out of that. The photo still makes the car look more red than it does in person - in reality it looks more like a metallic reddish orange Nacho Cheesier color.

troyguitar

Tarz just arrived. Hopefully I'll get them mounted and the car aligned soon, dunno exactly when it will happen :doe: since my local guy just fucked up his shoulder.

:stig:
wap

:mahtroy: , pics aren't working.
troyguitar

:thanksobama:
troyguitar

Google photos sucks. Car is running well and my RE71Rs arrived last night. Still need to get them mounted and the alignment done, plus put the stoptech pads on the rear. Weather looks like shit for the next week or so :doe: so I'm in no hurry.
troyguitar

Tapa works but reduces quality dramatically, I've been too lazy to start a new account on flickr and move all of my shit over and figure out how to keep it sync'ed with the phone easily like Google does. Picasa web albums used to be perfect for me. Fuckers.

One of these years I'll start over from scratch with lightroom+flickr, get all of my stuff organized and backed up properly, etc. All I ever do with photos anymore :doe: is post car shit on here and make For Sale ads. It's not a hobby, it's a chore.
troyguitar

Dropped off the RE71R's to get mounted today, should have them on the car to drive tomorrow with a high of 29 and low of 18... :doomed:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 pm Dropped off the RE71R's to get mounted today, should have them on the car to drive tomorrow with a high of 29 and low of 18... :doomed:
You'll be driving on Hockey pucks. Winters or DEATH!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 pm Dropped off the RE71R's to get mounted today, should have them on the car to drive tomorrow with a high of 29 and low of 18... :doomed:
You'll be driving on Hockey pucks. Winters or DEATH!
Probably not so much in KY.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

:nuke:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 pm Probably not so much in KY.
Been a pretty cold winter in KY Jelly town this year.
It hasn't actually been that cold on average, just a lot of both colder and warmer than normal days. We are overall 2 degrees below normal for this winter so far. Tomorrow will be 29, but yesterday was 55. 10-day forecast shows highs in the 40s for 8 days, and 20s for the other 2.

:thanksobama:
troyguitar

I tried test fitting the wife's all seasons on my car since they share the same bolt pattern, hub size, and offset... But the 16" wheel barrels don't quite clear the RX8 brakes.
troyguitar

I also filled up to see the worst case fuel mileage. Full tank spent doing short trips around town, driving like a jackass, in cold weather... 16 mpg. I can deal with that.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am I also filled up to see the worst case fuel mileage. Full tank spent doing short trips around town, driving like a jackass, in cold weather... 16 mpg. I can deal with that.
Same as what I get in the winter around town in the :truk:
:word:

Looks like mixed driving will be similar to the :poorvette: with the only real negative being long highway stints in the low 20s vs high 20s. Worth it.
troyguitar

I'm picking up my RE71R's tomorrow and putting them on, they have to be better than worn out RE050A's...

They're also going to drop a full 10 lbs per corner, lower the car 5/8 of an inch, and shorten the effective gearing by almost 5% - top of 2nd gear drops from 64 to 61 mph. :plaid:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:18 pm I'm picking up my RE71R's tomorrow and putting them on, they have to be better than worn out RE050A's...

They're also going to drop a full 10 lbs per corner, lower the car 5/8 of an inch, and shorten the effective gearing by almost 5% - top of 2nd gear drops from 64 to 61 mph. :plaid:
:like: