OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

nuggstein wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:49 am
Calvinball wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Step one is calling insurance with those questions and the bills in hand if she doesn’t know. I’d recommend later in the day and later in the week since time is a concern for her. Important to know what the benefit is and how the claim processed; did it process correctly according to how her plan works? If so then she calls the provider to see how they can help her out. Payment plans, discounts if she pays a certain amount or within a certain timeframe, etc. They’ll usually help out in some way.

If there was an issue with any of the claims processing, you might want to get her to get details and if her member services doesn’t help her, shoot me a PM with that info.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Thanks dude. Found out she has a $4,000 deductible, so that might contribute to this whole thing. Also one of the bills was for when she went for a physical, and they charged her $300 for blood work. I am pretty sure THAT is covered when you go for a physical.

Deductibles are fucking stupid. What is the point of having insurance if you have to pay all of this money? I know she pays a lot less for insurance than I do, but I pay over $300/month for the LOW plan for myself, and I have a $1,000 deductible.
generally the way insurance works...
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Calvinball wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Step one is calling insurance with those questions and the bills in hand if she doesn’t know. I’d recommend later in the day and later in the week since time is a concern for her. Important to know what the benefit is and how the claim processed; did it process correctly according to how her plan works? If so then she calls the provider to see how they can help her out. Payment plans, discounts if she pays a certain amount or within a certain timeframe, etc. They’ll usually help out in some way.

If there was an issue with any of the claims processing, you might want to get her to get details and if her member services doesn’t help her, shoot me a PM with that info.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Thanks dude. Found out she has a $4,000 deductible, so that might contribute to this whole thing. Also one of the bills was for when she went for a physical, and they charged her $300 for blood work. I am pretty sure THAT is covered when you go for a physical.

Deductibles are fucking stupid. What is the point of having insurance if you have to pay all of this money? I know she pays a lot less for insurance than I do, but I pay over $300/month for the LOW plan for myself, and I have a $1,000 deductible.
And this is why being educated and voting is important.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 am

Is this covered in the no-fucks book?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote:I think I need to start listing Melonosophy: The guide to no fucks given.
Melon Kampf
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

and those are "cheap" medical deductibles
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

I posted this awhile back but its worthy to repost it. This cracks me up everytime... "Stuff summah..!"

Full video :like:

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:58 am

Is this covered in the no-fucks book?
yes....you need to give enough of a fuck to have an opinion due to vested interest, but respect a result you disagree with and :aintcare: after.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I think climate change is real, but It's not worth arguing over.

Encourage people to do stupid shit, it's fun to watch.

Treat others well, you may need their kindness one day.

I get :triggered: when people treat each other in a manner they themselves don't tolerate.

I'll see what else I can come up with later.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

nuggstein wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:20 pm That's actually what he and I were talking about and how she got brought up.. We both think that it would, but I doubt that it's something that she's open to. I'll bring it up next time I see her, but my guess is that she'd rather just suffer through it.

BIL is more knowledgeable on their religion than I am since I stopped going over a decade ago, so I asked him if it was against their "word of wisdom" (basic guidelines about substance abuse, food, alcohol, etc..) He said that it wasn't if it's prescribed, but I still don't see her being open to it. I'll try.
You can get oils and whatnot that have medicinal benefits of THC/marijuana without getting high or smoking it.
But can we get high without the oils?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I think the largest contributor to climate change is the 'seasons of the sun'. Also, no amount of carbon tax with change climate change, simple money grab/balance the odds between responsible nations doing it right and those with ZFG about air pollution. Things go sideways when local governments add extra carbon taxes and then spend it on non-evironment shit.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, morning OT crew
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Three days and I take the gang to Jamaica!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:14 am I think the largest contributor to climate change is the 'seasons of the sun'. Also, no amount of carbon tax with change climate change, simple money grab/balance the odds between responsible nations doing it right and those with ZFG about air pollution. Things go sideways when local governments add extra carbon taxes and then spend it on non-evironment shit.
most of :dat:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:14 am I think the largest contributor to climate change is the 'seasons of the sun'. Also, no amount of carbon tax with change climate change, simple money grab/balance the odds between responsible nations doing it right and those with ZFG about air pollution. Things go sideways when local governments add extra carbon taxes and then spend it on non-evironment shit.
Well said.

I prefer a more 'common sense' idea, of pollution is bad mmmkay.
It ain't going to get fixed overnight, and I know I burn my more than fair share of gasoline.

So, in summation;
:aintcare:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

As long as we're thinking, I think the sun is one of gods balls and his underwear is just too tight. Not pollution at all.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote:
Well said.

I prefer a more 'common sense' idea, of pollution is bad mmmkay.
It ain't going to get fixed overnight, and I know I burn my more than fair share of gasoline.

So, in summation;
:aintcare:
:dat: :notbad: ... I don't disagree, just wish people would call it a duck if it quacks like one.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:05 am I think climate change is real, but It's not worth arguing over.

Encourage people to do stupid shit, it's fun to watch.

Treat others well, you may need their kindness one day.

I get :triggered: when people treat each other in a manner they themselves don't tolerate.

I'll see what else I can come up with later.
:notbad: philosophy :melon:

I'd also add, don't :trigger: about things that don't truly effect you.

Don't worry about things that haven't happened

Don't worry about things beyond your control
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:18 am Three days and I take the gang to Jamaica!
Awesome
Can't wait dude, we need the getaway. Friends have been there recently and their experience has been 5/7
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am

That's a mastery of self I have yet to achieve.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:34 am
4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am

That's a mastery of self I have yet to achieve.
It pisses Jill off.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Focus on solutions, not problems
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote:As long as we're thinking, I think the sun is one of gods balls and his underwear is just too tight. Not pollution at all.
If by underwear you mean solar system then I :like: it
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:18 am Three days and I take the gang to Jamaica!
How is Jamaica these days? Resort only? Sad what's going on in Mexico...
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 am
KYGTIGuy wrote:As long as we're thinking, I think the sun is one of gods balls and his underwear is just too tight. Not pollution at all.
If by underwear you mean solar system then I :like: it
No. Universe is expanding. I think the solar system is too. If not, I still think it is

:trollface: