:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote:http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ct ... 51051.html
29k for an STI

It looks like STI/WRX values are going down a fair amount. You used to not be able to get shit... now under 30k there is a plethora of cars.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ct ... 76321.html

another sub 30k STI

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5865582956.html
23k for a WRX
Damn
Wonder why they're dropping like that. I know they got the supply problem figured out. Maybe it's all the reviews bashing the STI when compared to the GoRf.

That Rex though, was like $27k new. Selling for $23k after 2 years. He's not doing so bad.
Johnny_P

Will check around for a used STI I guess. Still probably worth it to get new to minimize bro-damage. Also 2015s are out, first model year, fuck that.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote:Will check around for a used STI I guess. Still probably worth it to get new to minimize bro-damage. Also 2015s are out, first model year, fuck that.
dude...if its in warranty who cares. Its just going to get fuced street parking it anyway. save 5 grand
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

STIs depreciate more than WRXs. It's just the nature of the beast, not many people want to pay $35k for a turbo Corolla.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: I've been jonesing for an Ellis tuned -pcar for a while now.
Blowed up 996 is the answer for that, not 986.
Not sure if swap will work with convertible, and convertible 911's are :gag:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:Will check around for a used STI I guess. Still probably worth it to get new to minimize bro-damage. Also 2015s are out, first model year, fuck that.
dude...if its in warranty who cares. Its just going to get fuced street parking it anyway. save 5 grand
Well there's that, sure. But B2B is 3/36. Powertrain is 5/60. So most likely it would be out of B2B really quickly, and I wouldn't know if it was flagged by Subaru for warranty denial because of mods that have been removed after the fact.

I dunno. CPO would be OK with me. If not, one of those 2016 or 2017 models with like 3k on it for discount.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Blowed up 996 is the answer for that, not 986.
:butwhy: is that a problem? I'd rather have a fixed roof anyway.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:STIs depreciate more than WRXs. It's just the nature of the beast, not many people want to pay $35k for a turbo Corolla.
:zing:

They seem to flatline at $30k though, which is right in line with a new WRX premium, which makes sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote:STIs depreciate more than WRXs. It's just the nature of the beast, not many people want to pay $35k for a turbo Corolla.
:zing:

They seem to flatline at $30k though, which is right in line with a new WRX premium, which makes sense.
Still, $5k is a decent amount of money. :iono:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
:dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

you would but a significant majority of the fucking world wants the 'fun car' to have a removable roof, thats why they keep getting made and so many people buy them.

I get it, you want that 0.5 seconds that a stiffer, more confident chassis and 150 less pounds buys you at Mid Ohio. Alot of people dont give a shit about that 0.5 second.

But some do, and that's why they still make coupes. :like:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: :zing:

Still, $5k is a decent amount of money. :iono:
:dat:

5k is a decent 1g/2g miata
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: :butwhy: is that a problem? I'd rather have a fixed roof anyway.

you would but a significant majority of the fucking world wants the 'fun car' to have a removable roof, thats why they keep getting made and so many people buy them.

I get it, you want that 0.5 seconds that a stiffer, more confident chassis and 150 less pounds buys you at Mid Ohio. Alot of people dont give a shit about that 0.5 second.

It's not even about performance with me, I just don't like convertibles. Less headroom, they look like :poop: (other than the PRHT on your Bimmer), take up trunk space, etc, etc, etc.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

It's not even about performance with me, I just don't like convertibles. Less headroom, they look like :poop: (other than the PRHT on your Bimmer), take up trunk space, etc, etc, etc.
Very flattering of you, but I think my Z4 looks just a little akward with the roof up. Its not as bad as some cars with fixed removable hartops :doe: (im looking at you e85 z4, honda s2k, and 3g mr2). But its still a nice looking car top up.

Top down, its gorgeous.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: It's not even about performance with me, I just don't like convertibles. Less headroom, they look like :poop: (other than the PRHT on your Bimmer), take up trunk space, etc, etc, etc.
Very flattering of you, but I think my Z4 looks just a little akward with the roof up. Its not as bad as some cars with fixed removable hartops :doe: (im looking at you e85 z4, honda s2k, and 3g mr2). But its still a nice looking car top up.

Top down, its gorgeous.
Your car is the best looking convertible with the top up or down ever.

Majority of convertibles look epic with the top down, but :disgust: with the top up.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

I want a roof for the interior/trunk space more than anything. Especially in something like an MR2S, the only way to have a "trunk" is to get a hard top and gut the soft top. You end up with a solid amount of storage behnd the seats and NFG about dealing with torn tops, sticky latches, etc.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Top down, its gorgeous.

Majority of convertibles look epic with the top down, but :disgust: with the top up.
Miata rook good both ways doe
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: It's not even about performance with me, I just don't like convertibles. Less headroom, they look like :poop: (other than the PRHT on your Bimmer), take up trunk space, etc, etc, etc.
I want a roof for the interior/trunk space more than anything. Especially in something like an MR2S, the only way to have a "trunk" is to get a hard top and gut the soft top. You end up with a solid amount of storage behnd the seats and NFG about dealing with torn tops, sticky latches, etc.
There's also the added security factor of a hardtop.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: I want a roof for the interior/trunk space more than anything. Especially in something like an MR2S, the only way to have a "trunk" is to get a hard top and gut the soft top. You end up with a solid amount of storage behnd the seats and NFG about dealing with torn tops, sticky latches, etc.
There's also the added security factor of a hardtop.
Yep, but wind lovers all discount that as if it doesn't matter. Same thing with truck nuts claiming that trucks are never inconvenient to drive...
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: There's also the added security factor of a hardtop.
Yep, but wind lovers all discount that as if it doesn't matter. Same thing with truck nuts claiming that trucks are never inconvenient to drive...
It absolutely matters. In an urban area or street parked especially. So easy to slice that top open and grab the $1.38 of change in the cupholder.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Looks like a nice solid BMW with MANUAL Gearbox - http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-bmw-525/
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Top down, its gorgeous.

Dafuq with the Coyote avatar? Do you even Ford v. Chevy?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr

Davestr

Davestr

Yo Detroit - Its in Michigan - Manual -- http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-540i-2/