:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm Nobody wants a purple bloat egg.

Back on topic.

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/ ... 09338.html

Really nice looking WR250R with some sensible mods to get rid of the :thanksobama: emissions shit, and a muffler. :notbad: want.
Are there local places not on the street to ride something like this?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:

Back on topic.

Really nice looking WR250R with some sensible mods to get rid of the :thanksobama: emissions shit, and a muffler. :notbad: want.
Sidewalks.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Back on topic.

A Philadelphia "street" is semi offroading as is :lol:
There are some dirt ovals inside city limits. Not sure if they're legal to be on with a motorized bike. Also dirt parking lots and such near where I work. And some rail / power line / highway overpass access roads.

I like the upright seating position, long travel suspension, and ease of ownership this bike offers. It's like a car in its service intervals..
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Name thee who hath spoken the great untruths!
Troy, WAP, Detroit, [user not found], and I think a few others chimed in that they are good vehicles.
:dat:
For what they are they're :notbad: A freind got one in 2009 and her daughter is still DDing it at well over 100k miles with minimal issues with the I4. My wife's Aura has the same engine and while not terribly exciting it's probing to be pretty bulletproof.

As a decent :derpmobile: with some :notbad: Opel genetics, you could do worse.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:34 pm I was just talking about making it fun for the street. No idea about auto x, you guys are experts at that.
I ought to frame this.

Max admits he is not an expert on something.
:ohslap:
:lolol:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Troy, WAP, Detroit, [user not found], and I think a few others chimed in that they are good vehicles.
My brother's boyfriend has a Vue of that era, it's terrible.
Transmission issues, and several electrical issues.
Last time I talked to him it was in the shop, on it's third transmission, under warranty too, so that tells you something.
He must have gotten a bad one :iono:
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm 2009-10 is a different car, a rebadged Opel. You're probably talking about the earlier one with the shitty Honda transmission, right?
:dat:

It was a surprisingly :notbad: appliance mobile because of where it was engineered.
:dat: is what we're saying.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 pm

There are some dirt ovals inside city limits. Not sure if they're legal to be on with a motorized bike. Also dirt parking lots and such near where I work. And some rail / power line / highway overpass access roads.

I like the upright seating position, long travel suspension, and ease of ownership this bike offers. It's like a car in its service intervals..
Those are neat. Too tall for me without mods :doe:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Those are neat. Too tall for me without mods :doe:
Yeah. They're tall. I am 6'2" doe, and seat is like 36" which is taller than my inseam, but when I sit and the suspension compresses, I can flat foot it. It's basically the perfect height for me.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

My brother's boyfriend has a Vue of that era, it's terrible.
Transmission issues, and several electrical issues.
Last time I talked to him it was in the shop, on it's third transmission, under warranty too, so that tells you something.
Yeah, :iono: It's the same as the small chebby crossover, and I thought those were fine.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:56 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Yeah, :iono: It's the same as the small chebby crossover, and I thought those were fine.
They were not, actually. The Saturn version was an Opel, whereas the Chevy was on it's own larger platform. Similar drivetrains, but the two vehicles were fundamentally different platform architectures. That's why the Saturn one is actually a bit preferred.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:56 pm

They were not, actually. The Saturn version was an Opel, whereas the Chevy was on it's own larger platform. Similar drivetrains, but the two vehicles were fundamentally different platform architectures. That's why the Saturn one is actually a bit preferred.
Wait, the Captiva was on a different platform than the 2nd gen Vue, even though they were identical looking except for the badges? :mindblown:
wap

Saturn's final lineup before being killed off was legit. Skye, Astra, Aura, Vue. All Opel so they all drove decently. Even that giant SUV thing was :notbad: from what I've heard. It's too bad they had to die just when they got good. I imagine the Buick Regal would have been the next gen Aura had Saturn lived.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm Saturn's final lineup before being killed off was legit. Skye, Astra, Aura, Vue. All Opel so they all drove decently. Even that giant SUV thing was :notbad: from what I've heard. It's too bad they had to die just when they got good. I imagine the Buick Regal would have been the next gen Aura had Saturn lived.
GM doesn't need that many useless brands. Saturn, in the end, made little sense. I never truly understood brand engineering.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm Saturn's final lineup before being killed off was legit. Skye, Astra, Aura, Vue. All Opel so they all drove decently. Even that giant SUV thing was :notbad: from what I've heard. It's too bad they had to die just when they got good. I imagine the Buick Regal would have been the next gen Aura had Saturn lived.
GM doesn't need that many useless brands. Saturn, in the end, made little sense. I never truly understood brand engineering.
There are people out there that, and I swear to God this is true, honestly believe a GMC is a superior product to a Chevrolet. As in, the Chevy is a piece of shit unreliable truck while the GMC is built better and more reliable and they'd never consider buying a Chevy.

Not even lying I know people like this.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:05 pm

There are people out there that, and I swear to God this is true, honestly believe a GMC is a superior product to a Chevrolet. As in, the Chevy is a piece of shit unreliable truck while the GMC is built better and more reliable and they'd never consider buying a Chevy.

Yea I can see that... But honestly outside of China... what's the reason for Buick's existance ?

Pontiacs demise made 100% sense to me.
wap

I'm not disputing that I'm just saying it's too bad they were killed just when their product line was the best it had ever been.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm
Wait, the Captiva was on a different platform than the 2nd gen Vue, even though they were identical looking except for the badges? :mindblown:
Captiva was the same...though much later and rental only.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm not disputing that I'm just saying it's too bad they were killed just when their product line was the best it had ever been.
I think most of the cars (outside of the roadsters) live on in other brands.

You guys... :member: this ?
Great looking car too bad GM killed it... then again no one bought it.
wap

Oh for sure. Even Consumer Reports has been guilty of this. They'd rate the Corolla higher than the Chevy Nova when they were built side by side in the same Cali plant. :rolleyes:
max225

wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Oh for sure. Even Consumer Reports has been guilty of this. They'd rate the Corolla higher than the Chevy Nova when they were built side by side in the same Cali plant. :rolleyes:
I could never figure that part out... there are obvious "twins" in the automotive landscape yet one gets rated way higher. Fking fake news. For ex Scion was always rated lower than toyota, yet it is basically a rebadged corolla.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:19 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Captiva was the same...though much later and rental only.
Ok, that's what I thought. I seem to remember them showing up right after Saturn was murdered. I figured they must have had a bunch left in the pipeline so they slapped Chevy badges on them just to sell them.

So what Chevy were you referring to then?
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Well, the Opel Astra lives on in ROW and it's a damn nice little car. The Aura lives on as the Regal and Insignia in Europe. I think the whatever the Vue is called is still being made over there.

Of course I :member: the Skye. It was a beaut. Love that hard top from your pic. Someone here has one. Maybe Rockchops?
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:22 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

I could never figure that part out... there are obvious "twins" in the automotive landscape yet one gets rated way higher. Fking fake news. For ex Scion was always rated lower than toyota, yet it is basically a rebadged corolla.
That's another example. Consumer Reports is full of :derp: with respect to cars.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Well, the Opel Astra lives on in ROW and it's a damn nice little car. The Aura lives on as the Regal and Insignia in Europe. I think the whatever the Vue is called is still being made over there.

Of course I :member: the Skye. It was a beaut. Love that hard top from your pic. Someone here has one. Maybe Rockchops?
It is the badge engineered skye... Aka the Pontiac solstice... only about 1000 of them were made.