OT X - Here for the Crang Bang

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:datass: on the :225: is frigging :rage: inducing.

:datass: weight loss talk is :fuckyeah: , I'm on that same journey. Probably for similar reasons Image
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'm :| and embarrassed that I let myself go so far. I didn't really change anything when my metabolism hit a fucking wall at 31, and I've just been packing on the pounds. I feel like I need to atone for what I've done through punishment to get down to a more reasonable weight level.

What a :derp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:I'm :| and embarrassed that I let myself go so far. I didn't really change anything when my metabolism hit a fucking wall at 31, and I've just been packing on the pounds. I feel like I need to atone for what I've done through punishment to get down to a more reasonable weight level.

What a :derp:
I'm interested in @sawce diet advice. Lately I've been going to the gym and upping my protein levels to realize some gains, and from a strength perspective I'm really happy with the way things are going. From a weight loss perspective I see no changes yet. It's not really my immediate goal though, just enjoying the activity for what it is and hoping that when it's time to lose the fat I'll have enough lean muscle tissue to make the fat burning process much easier.

Diet/booze, I had a really stressful day yesterday so it ended with bourbon. :facepalm: , almost thinking that I need to stop but it won't be easy.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I've actually had to deal with weight issues most of my life. It was partly due to some depression. I've had a lot of yo-yo dieting, but overall I managed to keep off most of the weight I lost about 8 years ago. I used to be FAT. I had size 44 pants that were getting tight. NEVER AGAIN.

I put on about 25 pounds in the last year in a half that I am working on losing (I think part of it is the I have a girlfriend now, I am lazy phase that contributed). I lost about 10 pounds gradually the past few months, but in the last month or so I have lost another 10. I have been working out regularly in the last 8 years, and I am a pretty strong guy.

I can't seem to get down to a low enough body fat percentage because bad habits creep up, but this time I am going to get ultra lean and mean. I am manning the fuck up. I have 20-30 pounds that I want to lose total from where I am now. The challenge is keeping a good portion of the muscle mass I have.

My best advice as someone who constantly has faced issues is to get a food scale and take a look at where your calories are coming from as well. Use an app like Lose It or Myfitnesspal to track. It has helped me a ton. Little things add up. No calories from drinks and eliminate as much processed food as you can.

Once you get in the rhythm of calories in and out, take a look at your macros too. I found that for me, I need to eat less carbs to further my weight loss. I am on a high protein and high natural fat diet and low carbs. If I can't get it perfect I try to have a higher protein ratio than carbs or fat.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Calories in/out sure does have a place, but cutting out the carbs completely is the real way to melt off the pounds if you are not genetically gifted.

between vacations and pregnancy news i let my diet slip more than I's like and put on about 5 lbs the last couple months.
Time to get fucking serious again before this little fucker comes along and destroys the schedule again.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

C00bs wrote:I've actually had to deal with weight issues most of my life. It was partly due to some depression. I've had a lot of yo-yo dieting, but overall I managed to keep off most of the weight I lost about 8 years ago. I used to be FAT. I had size 44 pants that were getting tight. NEVER AGAIN.

I put on about 25 pounds in the last year in a half that I am working on losing (I think part of it is the I have a girlfriend now, I am lazy phase that contributed). I lost about 10 pounds gradually the past few months, but in the last month or so I have lost another 10. I have been working out regularly in the last 8 years, and I am a pretty strong guy.

I can't seem to get down to a low enough body fat percentage because bad habits creep up, but this time I am going to get ultra lean and mean. I am manning the fuck up. I have 20-30 pounds that I want to lose total from where I am now. The challenge is keeping a good portion of the muscle mass I have.

My best advice as someone who constantly has faced issues is to get a food scale and take a look at where your calories are coming from as well. Use an app like Lose It or Myfitnesspal to track. It has helped me a ton. Little things add up. No calories from drinks and eliminate as much processed food as you can.

Once you get in the rhythm of calories in and out, take a look at your macros too. I found that for me, I need to eat less carbs to further my weight loss. I am on a high protein and high natural fat diet and low carbs. If I can't get it perfect I try to have a higher protein ratio than carbs or fat.
:impressive: success over the last couple of months. What do you typically eat throughout the day? I'm going shopping today and want to load up on the 'right' foods.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 am
C00bs wrote:I've actually had to deal with weight issues most of my life. It was partly due to some depression. I've had a lot of yo-yo dieting, but overall I managed to keep off most of the weight I lost about 8 years ago. I used to be FAT. I had size 44 pants that were getting tight. NEVER AGAIN.

:impressive: success over the last couple of months. What do you typically eat throughout the day? I'm going shopping today and want to load up on the 'right' foods.
don't buy foods with added sugar for one. Its a sneaky fuck that's in many products. Look for analogs too like HFCS, dextrose, sucrose, etc.
brain go brrrrrr
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Eggs are great, and I love them but I found that switching to egg whites has helped me reduce even more calories. I cannot say enough about egg whites. I eat a lot of avocado, almonds or other types of nuts (be very careful- measure them out. I literally could eat 800 calories of nuts and not realize it), at times I get Black Forest bacon (40 calories a slice), chicken, lean beef, turkey, beans, quinoa, kale, and I stocked up on spices and healthy sauces. I love Trader Joe's. That place will do you well for a ton of shit.

I wanted ice cream recently, so I bought Halo Top. An entire pint is between 260-320 calories usually and filled with protein. Don't be afraid to eat different types of meat and natural fats, just measure. I found that some people need a very low carb diet after a point to lose weight.

This shit was so hard for 2-3 weeks, but after that it's not bad. I would work out all the time, and I never ate particularly super unhealthy, but 80% of the work is really done in the kitchen. It may sound stupid but I just want a 6 pack at least once in my life. I'm not the fat fuck that I used to be, but it is nice seeing those turds from high school get fat and super old looking.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I will begin to diet soon. :fuckyeah:

Gf and I need to. Might be easier when we live together, cuz her dad can eat a horse and he makes portions appropriately
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Good moaning all.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

C00bs wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am Eggs are great, and I love them but I found that switching to egg whites has helped me reduce even more calories. I cannot say enough about egg whites. I eat a lot of avocado, almonds or other types of nuts (be very careful- measure them out. I literally could eat 800 calories of nuts and not realize it), at times I get Black Forest bacon (40 calories a slice), chicken, lean beef, turkey, beans, quinoa, kale, and I stocked up on spices and healthy sauces. I love Trader Joe's. That place will do you well for a ton of shit.

I wanted ice cream recently, so I bought Halo Top. An entire pint is between 260-320 calories usually and filled with protein. Don't be afraid to eat different types of meat and natural fats, just measure. I found that some people need a very low carb diet after a point to lose weight.

This shit was so hard for 2-3 weeks, but after that it's not bad. I would work out all the time, and I never ate particularly super unhealthy, but 80% of the work is really done in the kitchen. It may sound stupid but I just want a 6 pack at least once in my life. I'm not the fat fuck that I used to be, but it is nice seeing those turds from high school get fat and super old looking.
Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

I have not had the desire to get back to the gym like I used to. The little one makes me want to stay home and be with her while she's still awake when I get home from work. I do need to get in and move some iron doe.
Apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 am Good moaning all.
:hai:
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:17 am
C00bs wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am Eggs are great, and I love them but I found that switching to egg whites has helped me reduce even more calories. I cannot say enough about egg whites. I eat a lot of avocado, almonds or other types of nuts (be very careful- measure them out. I literally could eat 800 calories of nuts and not realize it), at times I get Black Forest bacon (40 calories a slice), chicken, lean beef, turkey, beans, quinoa, kale, and I stocked up on spices and healthy sauces. I love Trader Joe's. That place will do you well for a ton of shit.

I have not had the desire to get back to the gym like I used to. The little one makes me want to stay home and be with her while she's still awake when I get home from work. I do need to get in and move some iron doe.
Calisthenics bro
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I found that the "I will do it tomorrow" motto is for losers. Start now and stop making excuses. I am guilty of this shit too, but it's true.
Apex

C00bs wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:25 am I found that the "I will do it tomorrow" motto is for losers. Start now and stop making excuses. I am guilty of this shit too, but it's true.
You need a new avatar bee tee dubs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote:

Yeah two kids later and I'm a fat blob lol. It's so brutal, lack of sleep, pickups, drop offs, dinner preps for multiple eaters, kids practices, doctors appts, it goes on an on but free time is given back after the kid turns two. Until then it's a gongshow.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

C00bs wrote:Eggs are great, and I love them but I found that switching to egg whites has helped me reduce even more calories. I cannot say enough about egg whites. I eat a lot of avocado, almonds or other types of nuts (be very careful- measure them out. I literally could eat 800 calories of nuts and not realize it), at times I get Black Forest bacon (40 calories a slice), chicken, lean beef, turkey, beans, quinoa, kale, and I stocked up on spices and healthy sauces. I love Trader Joe's. That place will do you well for a ton of shit.

Thanks for this advice, it's 5/7!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am
Apex wrote:

Yeah two kids later and I'm a fat blob lol. It's so brutal, lack of sleep, pickups, drop offs, dinner preps for multiple eaters, kids practices, doctors appts, it goes on an on but free time is given back after the kid turns two. Until then it's a gongshow.
Luckily I can still get out on my bike regularly, so I am still active. I just don't want to give up my time with the little one when I get home from work. Once she's a bit older and can hang out at the gym's daycare I'll get back to it more regularly.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Apex wrote:

That's why I switched back to working out at the wee hours of the morning before she's awake.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Apex

Calvinball wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 am
Apex wrote:

That's why I switched back to working out at the wee hours of the morning before she's awake.

Sent from the Beer Depository
This thought has crossed my mind too. Might have to give it a shot and see how I could work it into my morning routine.
ChrisoftheNorth

I've cut out all processed foods, and the only "carbs" I allow myself are vegetables. Broccoli, asparagus, green beans, spinach, etc. I've even tried to limit my tomato intake because I know they're high in sugar. I'm very fortunate to not have a sweet tooth, so sugar isn't a problem.

I've only been at it a few weeks, so I know it's going to take a while to drop any lbs. I've also tried to crank up my exercise a bit...getting on my bike as much as possible.

But really, booze (beer) destroys everything. It's crazy how much bad stuff is in beer, and it's a major weakness of mine because I enjoy it so much. If I cut it out entirely, I'll go nuts...so I'm trying to limit myself to Saturday drinking only. I also allow myself to eat limited garbage on Saturday...my favorites like pizza, burgers, french fries, etc. Without that, I wouldn't be able to stick to it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Just ate a banana instead of a monster. Baby steps!
ChrisoftheNorth

And for reference, I'm 6'5 and 280. The heaviest I've ever been and straight :gag: with myself. Pant size miraculously hasn't grown over a 38, but it's all gone to the gut that's :nope:

Realistically for my age, I'd love to be in the 210-230 range.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am Just ate a banana instead of a monster. Baby steps!
You eat monsters? :impressive: