Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Still better than this. Or a K04

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm Still better than this. Or a K04

:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:disgust:
I hate seeing perfectly good cars get ruined like that. Looks like it has polio.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:44 pm

I hate seeing perfectly good cars get ruined like that. Looks like it has polio.
:dat: I will never understand the stance scene.
max225

So you guys :member: the internet mustang guy... aka... the inspiration for :plac: and car reviews...

A mfking tree fell on his stang while he was driving... this was only a couple of months after some idiot on a bike nearly totalled it when it had 300 miles on it.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:42 pm So you guys :member: the internet mustang guy... aka... the inspiration for :plac: and car reviews...

A mfking tree fell on his stang while he was driving... this was only a couple of months after some idiot on a bike nearly totalled it when it had 300 miles on it.
That's his second stang.

He went...
BRZ
Mini Cooper S (R56)
Mustang ecbroboom which the Internet bought him
Mustang GT when he realized the ecbroboom sucks

That blows though any way you look at it.
max225

Ford is going to make the next gen focus in fucking china and import it here. We have failed as a fucking nation
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am Ford is going to make the next gen focus in fucking china and import it here. We have failed as a fucking nation
China's car market is stronger. 18 million sales-ish in the US last year. 24 million in JHII-NAH. If you were in the business of making cars.... where would you go?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:29 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am Ford is going to make the next gen focus in fucking china and import it here. We have failed as a fucking nation
China's car market is stronger. 18 million sales-ish in the US last year. 24 million in JHII-NAH. If you were in the business of making cars.... where would you go?
China is the future, kneel to your overlords
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:34 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:29 am

Commissioned their 2nd aircraft carrier this year
Stealth fighter jets
Recently built a "space station" which is a bit primitive but an achievement nonetheless
Announced a moon landing program
Economy is growing extremely fast
Larger economy than the US
More industry than the US
Faster mobile internet speeds than the US

Yeah, they're doing it better. The only leg up we have is technological/military advancement which may not really exist.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:Ford is going to make the next gen focus in fucking china and import it here. We have failed as a fucking nation
:bruh:

It's because they need the plant in MI to make more TRUCKS.

Fuck those little cars, only little chinamen want them anyway.

TRUCKYEAH
ChrisoftheNorth

It's an interesting move, especially with how public it's become. Inb4 :thankstrump: :triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:34 am

Stealth fighter jets
Recently built a "space station" which is a bit primitive but an achievement nonetheless

Yeah, they're doing it better. The only leg up we have is technological/military advancement which may not really exist.
If by doing it better you mean espionage and theft from Lockheed Martin as well as several other defense contractors, sure.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:19 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 am

Stealth fighter jets

If by doing it better you mean espionage and theft from Lockheed Martin as well as several other defense contractors, sure.
Winning's winning, :bruh:

Shame on us for not having that shit on epic lockdown. And shame on us for having them build everything for us. A shit ton of carbon fiber stuff gets made in China to US specs.... as such, Chinese made carbon fiber crap is as good as or better quality than most US stuff. They know what they're doing with it. And if you send plans and specs over to them to manufacture, it's only a matter of time until they reverse engineer it and figure out how to do it the same as or better than you.
max225

No car should be made in China and imported here. That is :ludacris:

We can't import cars into China... or any other developed nation without huge tariffs for reasons... this is crazy.
max225

Also... semi car news.... UBER CEO Stepped down... burn mfker burn
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 am No car should be made in China and imported here. That is :ludacris:

We can't import cars into China... or any other developed nation without huge tariffs for reasons... this is crazy.
Once Trump gets wind of it, this will end fast. I'm surprised Ford is being so public about it.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 am Also... semi car news.... UBER CEO Stepped down... burn mfker burn
I took a lot of Lyfts this last week, and every driver used both Lyft and Uber apps, but vastly prefered Lyft. One guy said it's because Lyft users "aren't douchebags" while another said the company treats him better. Uber may be the market leaders, but it's got a lot to do in terms of corporate image on all levels.
wap

Until CEO's and Boards of Directors continue to prioritize stock price (and, therefore, their compensation) over their employees, and the US continue to prioritize military over virutally everything else, this will continue.

How does Germany, which has strong unions, very high wages coupled with extremely generous benefits, AND a terrific universal health care program, continue to be a world manufacturing powerhouse with a trade surplus with most of the world?
Last edited by wap on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
wap

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am Until CEO's and Boards of Directors continue to prioritize stock price (and, therefore, their compensation) over their employees, and the US continue to prioritize military over virutally everything else, this will continue.

How does Germany, which has strong unions, very high wages coupled with extremely generous benefits, AND a terrific universal health care program, continue to be a world manufacturing powerhouse with a trade surplus with most of the world?
Superior race :bruh:

That ain't a fair comparison.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 am It's an interesting move, especially with how public it's become. Inb4 :thankstrump: :triggered:
If I was trump I'd be twittering like a mofo at this point. :jalepenis:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 am
wap wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am Until CEO's and Boards of Directors continue to prioritize stock price (and, therefore, their compensation) over their employees, and the US continue to prioritize military over virutally everything else, this will continue.

Superior race :bruh:

That ain't a fair comparison.
Tell that to Jesse Owens :bruh:
max225

No military expenditures. And its not like they drive american cars over there... We can't import shit. But ... :yeahok: lets get Chinese Foci... Free market :bruh:

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:17 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 am It's an interesting move, especially with how public it's become. Inb4 :thankstrump: :triggered:
If I was trump I'd be twittering like a mofo at this point. :jalepenis:
I'm quite surprised that he hasn't been.