The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:24 am Telluride. Final answer.
Those are sticker +10k as a starting point
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:28 am
We looked at one before we bought the Atlas. I like the Atlas better. :wrong:

Minivan is >>> SUV for kid-carrying too bruh. Odyssey will happen at some point, it's just a matter of when.
The practicality of a minivan is undeniable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:29 am
Meanwhile, you can probably get a 3 row Grand Cherokee under MSRP. Those things are overpriced and sitting as a consequence.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:35 am

Meanwhile, you can probably get a 3 row Grand Cherokee under MSRP. Those things are overpriced and sitting as a consequence.
New jgc is excellent but it carries a significant msrp with options.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:41 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:35 am
Makes zero sense compared to the rest of the competition, which is the most crowded segment in the industry. I'd recommend a Telluride over one as well.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:45 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:41 am
Makes zero sense compared to the rest of the competition, which is the most crowded segment in the industry. I'd recommend a Telluride over one as well.
I briefly considered a “platinum reserve “ model but the woman looked at it and said “that’s a jeep” and “it’s too expensive for a jeep” so there goes that idea
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:51 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:45 am
I briefly considered a “platinum reserve “ model but the woman looked at it and said “that’s a jeep” and “it’s too expensive for a jeep” so there goes that idea
"Summit Reserve"

It's legit :nice: inside, but I agree with your woman that it's punching too high for its weight class.

A V8 Overland would be a cool truck, but it's like $70k and at that point there's a ton of other things I'd consider first.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Because they are awesome
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:54 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:51 am
"Summit Reserve"

It's legit :nice: inside, but I agree with your woman that it's punching too high for its weight class.

A V8 Overland would be a cool truck, but it's like $70k and at that point there's a ton of other things I'd consider first.
Yea that’s the Juan. I considered it because it’s roughly the same size as the defender with presumably higher reliability and way more features at the same price point (mine was around 68k) or so.

Passenger screen is kinda cool
V8
Macintosh stereo
Cooled seats etc

None of which my defender order has
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:28 am
We looked at one before we bought the Atlas. I like the Atlas better. :wrong:

Minivan is >>> SUV for kid-carrying too bruh. Odyssey will happen at some point, it's just a matter of when.
Oh yeah I know that. But for a minor inconvenience to the kids, who won’t give a damn anyway, you can be driving a cool SUV.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:59 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:54 am
"Summit Reserve"

Yea that’s the Juan. I considered it because it’s roughly the same size as the defender with presumably higher reliability and way more features at the same price point (mine was around 68k) or so.

Passenger screen is kinda cool
V8
Macintosh stereo
Cooled seats etc

None of which my defender order has
Yea, the Summit Reserve is really quite loaded, especially compared to the rest of the segment, but I wouldn't consider a GCL until MY23 at the earliest. Stellanus is a disaster with tech, I'd honestly trust a Defender right now over a GCL.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Does that go for the Palisade, too?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:25 pm

It’s a bit easier but people really prefer the Hyundai over the Kia styling. Telluride had like some of the lowest inventory days on hand compared to other cars all year.
ChrisoftheNorth

:yesth: incredibly. It's quite a bit uglier IMO, but it's still a great value.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:27 pm

:yesth: incredibly. It's quite a bit uglier IMO, but it's still a great value.
Basically the same truck, so yeah. I think they're both :neat: for what they are, with very nice interiors.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:56 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:27 pm

I'd expect it to be the crumb basket for as long as it takes to pay for the fun thing. That should be good enough. We'll see if I actually pull the trigger, I've rescheduled the GTI pickup like 4 times now. I'm having the hardest time letting go of this thing.
You could...not?

I'm making a profit on a car I don't really care that much about. I like it, but I'll like the 4R more. If I really liked something, it would be far more difficult I think, especially since getting into something else awesome will be tough for a while.
:dat:

I could get a cool 30% profit on the BMW right now but I like it and don’t see the point.

I do think the cheapish van makes some sense here if two kid haulers are needed though. It’s going to get trashed, may as well not do that in a $40k thing and freeing up the fun car money is :muah:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:56 pm
You could...not?

I'm making a profit on a car I don't really care that much about. I like it, but I'll like the 4R more. If I really liked something, it would be far more difficult I think, especially since getting into something else awesome will be tough for a while.

I could get a cool 30% profit on the BMW right now but I like it and don’t see the point.

I do think the cheapish van makes some sense here if two kid haulers are needed though. It’s going to get trashed, may as well not do that in a $40k thing and freeing up the fun car money is :muah:
:yesth: It would be some dark days between now and when I pick up the fun car, though.

I let the Subie dealer know today I won't be taking the STi home. :pouroneout:
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:42 pm

:yesth: It would be some dark days between now and when I pick up the fun car, though.

:butwhy:
Johnny_P

Well look on the bright side, the van can’t be any worse than a base model cayman
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:22 am Well look on the bright side, the van can’t be any worse than a base model cayman
:lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Good luck figuring it all out man. Many ways to go here, mine are perfect, but I’m sure it’ll work out.

:pouroneout: for the STI indeed.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:20 pm

:butwhy:
Job sitch is still up in the air. More is slowly trickling out about what the org chart will look like next year and it's not at all clear what my current team's role will be. No one has said we're out of jobs, but it feels obvious that most of us will need to find a new landing spot. I've interviewed for two internal positions so far and have a third scheduled for something external, but no offers yet. It seems like a foregone conclusion that one of the internal positions will be mine, but buying something like the STi before I have a new gig lined up doesn't feel very prudent.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:32 am Good luck figuring it all out man. Many ways to go here, mine are perfect, but I’m sure it’ll work out.

:pouroneout: for the STI indeed.
Thanks dude. I'm sure it will too.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Found out on Monday I didn't get one of the two internal jobs I'd interviewed for. :sad: Found out today I got the second. :fuckyeah:

E-mailed :dillerman: about the STi, and its new owner drove off the lot in it less than an hour before I got my offer letter. :rage:

Ohhhh life.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:02 pm Found out on Monday I didn't get one of the two internal jobs I'd interviewed for. :sad: Found out today I got the second. :fuckyeah:

E-mailed :dillerman: about the STi, and its new owner drove off the lot in it less than an hour before I got my offer letter. :rage:

Ohhhh life.
Wasn’t meant to be broseph
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.