The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 pm Oh, interesting you've been tracking prices and that you somehow managed to sell at a near high. :impressive:

GTIs aren't particularly rare or unique, I think you made the right move.
Considering the value of the GTI had dropped more than $3k, and the prices of STis went through the roof once the news came out about being discontinued for the 2022+ model year, I was absolutely kicking myself prior to the value jumping back up. I definitely lucked out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 pm Oh, interesting you've been tracking prices and that you somehow managed to sell at a near high. :impressive:

GTIs aren't particularly rare or unique, I think you made the right move.
Considering the value of the GTI had dropped more than $3k, and the prices of STis went through the roof once the news came out about being discontinued for the 2022+ model year, I was absolutely kicking myself prior to the value jumping back up. I definitely lucked out.
I find it wild how much the price fluctuated and then ended up being so high. I really expected recent Carvana offers to be a lot lower than before since they're hemorrhaging cash and will need to do something at some point to survive. Guess it's just grow or die for them. Whatever, we make out like bandits so :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:51 pm I find it wild how much the price fluctuated and then ended up being so high. I really expected recent Carvana offers to be a lot lower than before since they're hemorrhaging cash and will need to do something at some point to survive. Guess it's just grow or die for them. Whatever, we make out like bandits so :aintcare:
They'll have to at least break even eventually. When the investor funds dry up there won't be an alternative, and that's beginning to happen now across multiple industries. Companies all over are trying to get their last rounds of funding to accumulate some run rate before the taps shut off. I'm sure their big round of layoffs was also an attempt to make their stash of cash last as long as possible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:nice:

You’ll probably be able to get a brand new :mk8: for $24k in no time when no one buys them.

Always a bitter sweet moment though, seeking a beloved car.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:51 pm :nice:

You’ll probably rbe able to get a brand new :mk8: for $24k in no time when no one buys them.

Probably right.

I just got an e-mail today that the GR86 comes with a one year membership to NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and one free track day with instruction. How cool is that?

:fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:13 pm

You’ll probably rbe able to get a brand new :mk8: for $24k in no time when no one buys them.

Probably right.

I just got an e-mail today that the GR86 comes with a one year membership to NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and one free track day with instruction. How cool is that?

Woa, really? :notbad:

I wonder where they host events?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

Probably right.

I took a quick look, they're all over. Close to me I saw one at mid Ohio and one at the corvette proving grounds, but they're all over the country.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

I took a quick look, they're all over. Close to me I saw one at mid Ohio and one at the corvette proving grounds, but they're all over the country.
Woa, a free track day at Mid Ohio would be :megusta: :fuckyeah: That course is epic.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Probably right.

COOL!! :nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Probably right.

That’s pretty awesome !
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Have I mentioned how much I hate digi-dashes? The glare in some lighting conditions is horrific.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:58 pm Have I mentioned how much I hate digi-dashes? The glare in some lighting conditions is horrific.
Oof. That looks like they were intending to stick with analog and changed last minute. Digi gauges should have a matte finish and not that clear plastic.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:58 pm Have I mentioned how much I hate digi-dashes? The glare in some lighting conditions is horrific.
Oof. That looks like they were intending to stick with analog and changed last minute. Digi gauges should have a matte finish and not that clear plastic.
I've been planning on tinting the windows, hopefully that will help. But yeah, when it's sunny outside I can't see half the cluster. It's fucking dumb.

Wish I could swap this shit into my car.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:45 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 pm

I've been planning on tinting the windows, hopefully that will help. But yeah, when it's sunny outside I can't see half the cluster. It's fucking dumb.

With you there for sure.

NASA is fantastic, I’ve done many events with them. You get a lot of track time in on any given day and much more legit instruction than say TNIA.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:46 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:45 pm

With you there for sure.

NASA is fantastic, I’ve done many events with them. You get a lot of track time in on any given day and much more legit instruction than say TNIA.
:nice:

Hoping to do dis juan - https://members.drivenasa.com/events/3777
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Polished, coated, so fresh and so clean clean.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:27 pm:megusta:
:dat:

I was just on a bike ride and saw this car's twin parked outside of a house. I stopped and :drool: next to it. What a great looking car. Want.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thanks guys.

I'm going to let the CSL & Exo and the Halo cure over the weekend and hit it with a final layer of C2V3 come Monday when we get back. GTechniq's stuff is SO easy to work with, it's great. Can't wait to get that final layer on and get some proper pictures.

I'm just shy of 500 miles now and continuing to open it up a bit more. It doesn't have the mid-range torque of the GTI obviously, but there's little doubt it's actually the faster car. On twisty roads with 35-45mph speed limits, this is seriously all the car you need. It's a lot of fun. It could use a throttle pedal spacer, I'm having a little bit of trouble getting a big enough blip on heel-toe downshifts, but otherwise the inputs are pretty darn great.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I’m glad you’re driving it and warming up to it.

It’s so fun to drive at 9/10ths and up.

After having the original for 60k miles, this one is so much more fun, but it’s still happiest in the 4-7.5k rev range.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm I’m glad you’re driving it and warming up to it.

After having the original for 60k miles, this one is so much more fun, but it’s still happiest in the 4-7.5k rev range.
Yeah man, me too. I still should have bought the STi, but oh well. Prices are :fullretard: for those now.

In other news, CarPlay has completed shit the bed. I've restarted the phone, the head unit, removed the pairing from my iPhone, switched USB ports & cords, nothing. :rage:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I just came, :dat: gt86, :megusta:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:55 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm I’m glad you’re driving it and warming up to it.

Yeah man, me too. I still should have bought the STi, but oh well. Prices are :fullretard: for those now.

In other news, CarPlay has completed shit the bed. I've restarted the phone, the head unit, removed the pairing from my iPhone, switched USB ports & cords, nothing. :rage:
Try cleaning out the connector port on your phone. Mine had an alarming amount of shit in it... it charged fine but wouldn't connect to car play. That was the fix.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:03 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:55 pm

Try cleaning out the connector port on your phone. Mine had an alarming amount of shit in it... it charged fine but wouldn't connect to car play. That was the fix.
:dat: although do it carefully... I bent a pin in mine or something and now I can pretty much only wireless charge. Still living the iPhone8 life though, the most cucky phone on the forum I'm sure.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I found a setting about something like "access via USB while phone is locked" that I had off. Turned that on, voila, all good. :notsure: why it worked before, then, but oh well.