Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:58 am
rockchops wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:22 pm van is for sale,
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 635680766/

for you fancy metapeople
:pouroneout:

I stupidly want this thing... but really don't have time for something that would inevitably become a project at some point. I wonder if there are any shops around here that do JDM shit.
It is cooler than hell
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Another call, any you want this? I have a couple OK offers on it, but after a (somewhat routine at this point) hell of a week at work, I hardly have energy for the facebook yahoos. Not gonna be free but I would love to see it go to someone passionate.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Got someone driving in 5 hours tomorrow, loves it. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan etc. Its crazy, got the saturn in storage today (snow tomorrow) and van hopefully gone. All of a sudden back to a single car household.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Welllllll the sale fell through thanks to a foot and a half of snow in VA. The buyer is traveling for work for the next 4 weeks, so i guess if its still here then I can move it. Bummer.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

rockchops wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm Welllllll the sale fell through thanks to a foot and a half of snow in VA. The buyer is traveling for work for the next 4 weeks, so i guess if its still here then I can move it. Bummer.
:pussy:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Van has been sold. I think the new owner is really gonna enjoy it, seemed like a great guy. In all, it was time although I am definitely going to miss it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 am Van has been sold. I think the new owner is really gonna enjoy it, seemed like a great guy. In all, it was time although I am definitely going to miss it.
:pouroneout:
Any chance of getting the new owner on DFD so we can continue to follow the life and times of it?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

rockchops wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 am Van has been sold. I think the new owner is really gonna enjoy it, seemed like a great guy. In all, it was time although I am definitely going to miss it.
That thing was super cool.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

rockchops wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm And theyre on! Zero fitment issues, so they must have updated their casting or something. Even the axle nuts JUST fit without having to use the deeper dust caps (which they did include too).

Shout out to @fledonfoot for getting me in and out today for the mounting/balancing.Image
such a handsome timeless looking car
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:51 pm
rockchops wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm And theyre on! Zero fitment issues, so they must have updated their casting or something. Even the axle nuts JUST fit without having to use the deeper dust caps (which they did include too).

Shout out to @fledonfoot for getting me in and out today for the mounting/balancing.Image
such a handsome timeless looking car
+1
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

yes.Image
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I like those wheels on that car. Always liked the sky, so much potential. I just fit in it worse than a miata somehow. Door sills too high I think.
brain go brrrrrr
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Alright, an update since its been a while. I got a b6 audi quattro sport with thr 3.0 and 6 speed. Im chasing a lean run condition which is inversely correlated with engine load, and only on one bank. Reading the data and identifying the correlations are easy, but trying to figure out what would cause this. The car is custom tuned but never had this issue before, and this just started happening like 2 weeks ago.

Ive already replaced just about everything in the air/fuel category -- injectors, throttle body, maf, PCV system, refreshed the intake gaskets and ensured no vac leaks. It runs beautifully but i can see the issues in my data logs, and due to the o2 enriching in those lean conditions, its likely to foul the o2 in no time. Idle and WOT are fine, its just on low load (as in throttle overrun or coast). The attached image is the left v right bank lambda delta plotted against engine load...some clear trends to see.

Anyways, I have a junkyard ECU coming in, and I am building a bench rig to read and flash the ECU. If i do it right, should have a swappable stock ECU without a ton of effort and eliminate that.Image