Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

yea, and now its lots of fun. I WOULD NOT give this bike to a kid though, its nuts.

now the 3.5 hp....
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:46 pm yea, and now its lots of fun. I WOULD NOT give this bike to a kid though, its nuts.

now the 3.5 hp....
Yeah that's what I remember from getting on one as a kid, it had ridiculous torque off the line. IIRC it was a 5 hp briggs motor, back then they were $200 motors brand new in a crate.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:54 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:46 pm yea, and now its lots of fun. I WOULD NOT give this bike to a kid though, its nuts.

now the 3.5 hp....
Yeah that's what I remember from getting on one as a kid, it had ridiculous torque off the line. IIRC it was a 5 hp briggs motor, back then they were $200 motors brand new in a crate.
yea, try it with 12-14 hp....

I mean, to put that in perspective, thats like double what the grom makes. And I have a high torque cam, so it could be triple the torques easily.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

need to measure the bike so i can see if this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NV13YGM/re ... GDBMMM7Y4P
and this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWLM24Y/re ... IH3QVJVC7O

will fit ok. Will solve my fuel issues hopefully.
I also need to figure out the p/n for the lawnmower carb so i can stop it from leaking gas.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh

:thankstrump: 0/7 on spelling in thread title.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 am :thankstrump: 0/7 on spelling in thread title.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 am :thankstrump: 0/7 on spelling in thread title.
At your service.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Raising up the bed some. "need" a truck my ass.

lolz thing was some d00d at costco loading a gun safe on a trailer.....towed by a big ass truck. I'm sure he 'needs' it for work or something though :yeahok:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Im pulling the trigger for a custom track suit for grom track days.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

BMW had a thing where you could trash some of their cars around over at lsu

M-Sport versions of the X1, 4 series vert, 3 series, and a 2 series xdrive. And an I3.

All great machines. The two is a hoot. the i3 is a great car, I could see myself owning one.

maybe when my z4 time is up i get and i3 and a miata, install tiny trailer capability on miata? :iono:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The i3 would be beyond epic with a bit more range. 50 miles or whatever is :butwhy: when the car costs so much. Even with the lame gas range extender, you don't get THAT much more.

But the interior, the drive, the overall experience is 5/7. It's like driving a car from the future.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 am The i3 would be beyond epic with a bit more range. 50 miles or whatever is :butwhy: when the car costs so much. Even with the lame gas range extender, you don't get THAT much more.

But the interior, the drive, the overall experience is 5/7. It's like driving a car from the future.
its more like 80 miles, the new one is rated to 110 IIRC, and if you HAXX it to euro spec and use the range extender on the interstate you can go many, many miles if required. Basically unlimited.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 am The i3 would be beyond epic with a bit more range. 50 miles or whatever is :butwhy: when the car costs so much. Even with the lame gas range extender, you don't get THAT much more.

its more like 80 miles, the new one is rated to 110 IIRC, and if you HAXX it to euro spec and use the range extender on the interstate you can go many, many miles if required. Basically unlimited.
I thought the range extender limited top speed and had a super small tank. So technically you could go forever, just with a bunch of fill-ups.

I fail to see how the i3 is better than the Volt for less.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:38 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 am

I thought the range extender limited top speed and had a super small tank. So technically you could go forever, just with a bunch of fill-ups.

I fail to see how the i3 is better than the Volt for less.
it does have a super small tank, but great highway MPGEEESSSS means its still a 100+ mile range on fuel.

Not sure on top speed limit, but its definitely over 70 so :whocares:

re: comparison with volt. Sure, I think the volt is a great car on paper too. BMW is way more techy. Interior is super nice and spacious. Suicide doors are :jimp:

I would say they are roughly equivalent products, with the i3 being a bit more nimble for urban spaces.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Well, from an interior design standpoint, the i3 is superior, sure...it just makes a shitty regular car, IMO. 100 miles still sucks unless you never leave the city. The Volt when starting with a full battery and gas tank will go well over 300 miles. When in gas mode, it acts and feels no different than in EV mode (other than the bit of engine sound). It truly doesn't feel like a compromise for EV.

I guess they're too different to compare, but I just find the i3 to have too many compromises. Which is a shame because it's really awesome.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Not a ton going on in garage land. Ordered shocks for the tiny trailer, and i might try to rig up a way to wheel it inside the garage on its ass end. Ordered a new accessory belt for the RDX that will hopefully reduce squeaking when cold and stop the wife unit from complaining about it.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

What 2 was it?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 amWhat 2 was it?
228i xdrive m-sport
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 amWhat 2 was it?
228i xdrive m-sport
Yeah. I was looking around online just now, they depreciate like fucking rocks. $28k will get you a CPO 228i xdrive, maybe not Msport but in 2015? they all ended up with sport seats and interior trim. Msport gets you stiffer suspension. I think the sweet spot is an Msport without the track handling package to avoid the variable ratio steering rack.

228i has more than enough balls for dd, especially paired to the 8AT.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 am

228i xdrive m-sport
Yeah. I was looking around online just now, they depreciate like fucking rocks. $28k will get you a CPO 228i xdrive, maybe not Msport but in 2015? they all ended up with sport seats and interior trim. Msport gets you stiffer suspension. I think the sweet spot is an Msport without the track handling package to avoid the variable ratio steering rack.

228i has more than enough balls for dd, especially paired to the 8AT.
It was fun. Definitely felt the most nimble of the 4, but the 4 had the best tires so it was probably a bit quicker.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I think i need Grom suspension.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:49 am I think i need Grom suspension.
It's nice to have but value per$ leaves you scratching your head. It's a high drive. Just jump and don't think.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:49 am I think i need Grom suspension.
:doit:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Got some parts for the minibike and the drift trike. i need to install em.
brain go brrrrrr