Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 am Yeah that was 5/7. Great group of people there.
Welp when the GoRf shits out its 3rd sunroof you know where to go to get your Hype R

:trollface:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 am Yeah that was 5/7. Great group of people there.
Welp when the GoRf shits out its 3rd sunroof you know where to go to get your Hype R

It doesn't come with one :gaydance:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 am
Johnny_P wrote:

It doesn't come with one :gaydance:
:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Complimentary car wash with any service.

Too much?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 am On a :fuckyeah: note, I sent the Honda girl an email last night and got this back just now:

Mario,

I spoke with the team this morning and we all agree that we should refund your deposit, we appreciate the heads up now before we were further along in the order process. I look at every customer as a lifetime client and that is why I believe in looking at the big picture instead of just one transaction. I hope to see you again in the future when the time comes to shop for your next vehicle! 

If you give me a call at the dealership today or tomorrow I can refund your deposit by phone.

Talk to you soon,

YOUR Future Honderp Diller
Didn't expect it to be this easy.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 am On a :fuckyeah: note, I sent the Honda girl an email last night and got this back just now:

Mario,

I spoke with the team this morning and we all agree that we should refund your deposit, we appreciate the heads up now before we were further along in the order process. I look at every customer as a lifetime client and that is why I believe in looking at the big picture instead of just one transaction. I hope to see you again in the future when the time comes to shop for your next vehicle! 

If you give me a call at the dealership today or tomorrow I can refund your deposit by phone.

Talk to you soon,

It might be easy because the car doesn't exist yet so an order can't be placed or because they know that a sport is about 25k, sport touring is 31k, and they still need to fit an SI in (35k?), so a Type R needs to hit at least 40. Plus management just earned a customer for life if I every buy a Honda.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:

Mario,

Talk to you soon,

I did, that's why I suggested skipping the whole sob story.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Mario,

Talk to you soon,

dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looks like I'll be dishing out extra $$. My vw dealer just called me to say that the base car with Pretoria ramz was snatched up before they could secure it. I'll need to buy one with the $2k tech package if I want blue. I WANT THE BLUE!

I asked her to see if management is willing to split the difference on the tech package or drop the admin fee which is $500. See what I get back.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yep it's a done deal, I'm getting the stupid tech package. Their mark up is $300 so I'm saving that.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm Looks like I'll be dishing out extra $$. My vw dealer just called me to say that the base car with Pretoria ramz was snatched up before they could secure it. I'll need to buy one with the $2k tech package if I want blue. I WANT THE BLUE!

I asked her to see if management is willing to split the difference on the tech package or drop the admin fee which is $500. See what I get back.
Dat god damn bait and switch doe :disgust: how can they "sell" you a car and back out after... I suppose they haven't sold you anything until you pick it up ... did you leave a wife refundable deposit on this one?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm Looks like I'll be dishing out extra $$. My vw dealer just called me to say that the base car with Pretoria ramz was snatched up before they could secure it. I'll need to buy one with the $2k tech package if I want blue. I WANT THE BLUE!

Dat god damn bait and switch doe :disgust: how can they "sell" you a car and back out after... I suppose they haven't sold you anything until you pick it up ... did you leave a wife refundable deposit on this one?
Yeah I doubled down at 2k lol

It's such switch bait. They knew there was only one car left so they should've called for it the moment my credit card transactions said approved.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:26 pm

:rage:
:dillerman: games

It's shit like this that made me :impressed: that Tarspin is getting is $1k back so easily.

Of course, he doesn't have it back yet...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looking at the bright side!! I'm happy that I'll get the larger screen and the adaptive cruise and lane departure warnings should let me DFD and drive! :fuckyeah: :trollface:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, I now have pictures of my car:

ImageImage
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:12 pm Also, I now have pictures of my car:

ImageImage
I was almost expecting a second piece of paper saying "but I can be yours for an extra $2,000" resembling what happened to you.

Fuck it breh, $1k back from Honda you weren't expecting to get. Technically this is a $1,000 package then. :plac: math
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

ImageImage
You had pictures before also :(
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm Looking at the bright side!! I'm happy that I'll get the larger screen and the adaptive cruise and lane departure warnings should let me DFD and drive! :fuckyeah: :trollface:
Does it stop the car if you get wasted and Jesus takes the wheel?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:

ImageImage
I was almost expecting a second piece of paper saying "but I can be yours for an extra $2,000" resembling what happened to you.

Fuck it breh, $1k back from Honda you weren't expecting to get. Technically this is a $1,000 package then. :plac: math
$700 more from that perspective, but TBH I thought I'd get the Honda money back before I bought this so I'm calling it $1700 CAD. I made a calculated guess that the Type R would be over 38k when I decided to get this. The fact that the dealer got it back to me before the release date is a blessing.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm Looking at the bright side!! I'm happy that I'll get the larger screen and the adaptive cruise and lane departure warnings should let me DFD and drive! :fuckyeah: :trollface:
The lane departure actually does auto steer in it. It's kinda weird.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:54 pm
maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 pm
The lane departure actually does auto steer in it. It's kinda weird.
Well does it brake for you if you're sexting or nah?

I kinda want that feature...
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 pm
razr390 wrote:

$700 more from that perspective, but TBH I thought I'd get the Honda money back before I bought this so I'm calling it $1700 CAD. I made a calculated guess that the Type R would be over 38k when I decided to get this. The fact that the dealer got it back to me before the release date is a blessing.
So whats the total OTD price over there?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

maxtdi wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:54 pm The lane departure actually does auto steer in it. It's kinda weird.

It's got adaptive cruise with autonomous braking so I guess it will!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 pm $700 more from that perspective, but TBH I thought I'd get the Honda money back before I bought this so I'm calling it $1700 CAD. I made a calculated guess that the Type R would be over 38k when I decided to get this. The fact that the dealer got it back to me before the release date is a blessing.
So whats the total OTD price over there?
54k CAD OTD at this point. That includes winters and a 6yr/200k warranty.... and the tech pkg
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:19 pm
maxtdi wrote:

It's got adaptive cruise with autonomous braking so I guess it will!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
:impressive: