Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:56 pm Correction:
Me or :narc: 's mom.
:notbad:

I think it'll be you, :narc: seems dead set on offing it to save $1500 total to drive some depressing shitbox Jetta or something.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:21 pm Goodbye old friend. :pouroneout:

Final impressions to follow.

:nice: :truk:

This hit me in the feels more than it should, always a weird feeling watching your car drive off into the sunset with someone else. Or in the case of my :poorvette: , backing your car into an :okboomer: 's garage because he's scared to drive it himself, knowing it will never see the light of day again other than to be washed.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:30 pm

I think it'll be you, :narc: seems dead set on offing it to save $1500 total to drive some depressing shitbox Jetta or something.
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:21 pm Goodbye old friend. :pouroneout:

Final impressions to follow.

This hit me in the feels more than it should, always a weird feeling watching your car drive off into the sunset with someone else. Or in the case of my :poorvette: , backing your car into an :okboomer: 's garage because he's scared to drive it himself, knowing it will never see the light of day again other than to be washed.
I feel that too, it looked really nice in those last few moments in it's presence.

I stood across from it as my boy Sanpreet loaded the back of the trailer with my R, wondering to myself if I've given my car away to a very well orchestrated bunch of thieves. Other thoughts about how much will I miss this hunk of oxidising German metal when I'm piloting a quiet and boaty sedan made to absorb bumps and noises instead of make them. I loved my time with this car, and was never disappointed with it's sure footedness in rain, snow, etc. There will be a lot to miss about it.

There's always a part of me that thinks forward a year or two or fivez and it is those thoughts that help me snap out of it and realize that fixing check engine lights on a rusty six/seven year old car could be my only option unless I'd be willing to carry a +20k car note again. The car is good, but it is neither a razor sharp track tool, nor is it a curvaceous Italian collectible, so bowing out at 2/3rds of OTD purchase price feels like the better option.... If I actually get paid for it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 pm

I feel that too, it looked really nice in those last few moments in it's presence.

I stood across from it as my boy Sanpreet loaded the back of the trailer with my R, wondering to myself if I've given my car away to a very well orchestrated bunch of thieves. Other thoughts about how much will I miss this hunk of oxidising German metal when I'm piloting a quiet and boaty sedan made to absorb bumps and noises instead of make them. I loved my time with this car, and was never disappointed with it's sure footedness in rain, snow, etc. There will be a lot to miss about it.

There's always a part of me that thinks forward a year or two or fivez and it is those thoughts that help me snap out of it and realize that fixing check engine lights on a rusty six/seven year old car could be my only option unless I'd be willing to carry a +20k car note again. The car is good, but it is neither a razor sharp track tool, nor is it a curvaceous Italian collectible, so bowing out at 2/3rds of OTD purchase price feels like the better option.... If I actually get paid for it.
You're :notwrong: I don't think it's a bad move and the Cammie has some major perks, but it's still a :neat: car and a little sad to see any car you've owned that long go.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:30 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:19 pm

You're :notwrong: I don't think it's a bad move and the Cammie has some major perks, but it's still a :neat: car and a little sad to see any car you've owned that long go.
:word: , i buy cars with the mindset that I'm married to them and pride myself on taking them the distance. Anytime I've offed a car before it was used up or utter junk i second guess myself for a decade. My MK4 Jetta had 200k on the 2.slow :manuel: and was super reliable when it was sold. I think I could probably have gotten another 100k without much out of pocket cashola. Also a car I weirdly loved for no real reason.

The C6 was a nice one that I'll miss, 240sx was murdered so no choice there, TL was something I gave my mom, but I probably should have turned it into a beater DD and could have skipped owning like three cars after it's demise. Come to think of it. I regret getting rid of every non-POS I've ever owned.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:30 pm

:word: , i buy cars with the mindset that I'm married to them and pride myself on taking them the distance. Anytime I've offed a car before it was used up or utter junk i second guess myself for a decade. My MK4 Jetta had 200k on the 2.slow :manuel: and was super reliable when it was sold. I think I could probably have gotten another 100k without much out of pocket cashola. Also a car I weirdly loved for no real reason.

The C6 was a nice one that I'll miss, 240sx was murdered so no choice there, TL was something I gave my mom, but I probably should have turned it into a beater DD and could have skipped owning like three cars after it's demise. Come to think of it. I regret getting rid of every non-POS I've ever owned.
I love taking the cars a long way as well. However I can literally take the tsx today and be buried in it in 2054 with the same engine and trans and 500k miles. Properly maintained cars almost never die
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:59 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:39 pm

I love taking the cars a long way as well. However I can literally take the tsx today and be buried in it in 2054 with the same engine and trans and 500k miles. Properly maintained cars almost never die
The TSX is a really well built vehicle which helps it's staying power. That was a good era for Honda, and Acura parts were always cream of the crop having slightly higher quality control. My mom's 04 TL is a tank, i should snap a few pictures to showcase how well it has held up.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The 🦅 has landed. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:30 pm

Jetta is paid off. My car is staying unless it blows up or we have to upgrade due to family lyfe.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:18 pm The 🦅 has landed. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
:waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Oh yeah buddy, i just deposited my mod parts cash and I'm 6k away from no loan. Still have 2k in parts that are VERY Golf R related and harder to sell. It's :lolgasm: to see how much all that sold for.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Oh yeah buddy, i just deposited my mod parts cash and I'm 6k away from no loan. Still have 2k in parts that are VERY Golf R related and harder to sell. It's :lolgasm: to see how much all that sold for.
:impressive: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://shop.canadadrives.ca/cars/on/20 ... a%20drives

These guys have one R with similar mileage on the lot, 30990 leaves very little wiggle room. Mine was bought for 28500 with a borked windshield and about $200 worth of other safety issues to resolve. I've got a DSG and what looks like cleaner interior/exterior then this thing with aftermarket ramz and possible slight drop.. :notsure:

I think they'll post for 32k (10k less then MSRP :fullretard: )
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sold. :impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So they sat on this for over six months? :mindblown:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:41 am So they sat on this for over six months? :mindblown:
I don't understand who would end up buying it 6 months later, but I'll bet that it's some kiddo with no credit score paying 7.9% financing. Such a weird time.