Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:08 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 pm

On Friday I was actually scanning the inventory around here for Colorado ZR2's, but could not find a single extended cab long box version, they are all crew cab short box.

After seeing this Silverado refresh, I am waiting. The only thing I think is kinda meh on it is copying Jeep's Hard Rock style of the red tow hooks. Need to see a version of the Silverado with a full sized bed. I've had two trucks with the VSB, a Tacoma and a Silverado... Never again.
You actually want an extended cab truck?

You might be the only one. :impressive:
I want a REAL truck bed that will fit stuff like a bike, or a box of chocolates. :hue:

That bullshit bed extender in the Tundra was stupid, and in my Silverado everything I ever wanted to put in was always 6-10 inches too long to fit properly.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:50 pm Image

:lolol: @detroit :triggered:
:lolgasm:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:08 pm
You actually want an extended cab truck?

You might be the only one. :impressive:
I want a REAL truck bed that will fit stuff like a bike, or a box of chocolates. :hue:

That bullshit bed extender in the Tundra was stupid, and in my Silverado everything I ever wanted to put in was always 6-10 inches too long to fit properly. This was the main reason I got rid of the Silverado, otherwise I would probably still have it today if I had bought a 2500HD.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:22 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:10 pm

That bullshit bed extender in the Tundra was stupid, and in my Silverado everything I ever wanted to put in was always 6-10 inches too long to fit properly.
I've never really wanted for a longer bed. :iono:

Most of the bulky stuff I haul fits fine, and if it doesn't, I drop the tailgate and strap it down.

The extended cabs are worthless, sadly, due to the :wasteful: storage boxes under the jump seats:

My first Bro Forks was great, doe, due to the flat floor:
Although slightly disappointing, it isn't that big of a deal to me. The only one going in the back seat would be my :doge:

If there was a crew cab version with a full sized bed, that would be the best option. I mean, they make a Silverado in a crew cab with a LONG bed, so overall length shouldn't be that big of a deal.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:22 pm

I've never really wanted for a longer bed. :iono:

Most of the bulky stuff I haul fits fine, and if it doesn't, I drop the tailgate and strap it down.

The extended cabs are worthless, sadly, due to the :wasteful: storage boxes under the jump seats:

My first Bro Forks was great, doe, due to the flat floor:
Although slightly disappointing, it isn't that big of a deal to me. The only one going in the back seat would be my :doge:

If there was a crew cab version with a full sized bed, that would be the best option. I mean, they make a Silverado in a crew cab with a LONG bed, so overall length shouldn't be that big of a deal.
You an get a non-ZR2 in crew cab long bed. But that's a pretty long truck.

My Silverado had a 6'6 box and you could fit a lot in it for sure. But my 5' Colorado box has yet to let me down. Most long stuff I just strap in with ratchet straps. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I like it.

The single interesting thing about this truck... are the mirrors.
On Friday I was actually scanning the inventory around here for Colorado ZR2's, but could not find a single extended cab long box version, they are all crew cab short box.

After seeing this Silverado refresh, I am waiting. The only thing I think is kinda meh on it is copying Jeep's Hard Rock style of the red tow hooks. Need to see a version of the Silverado with a full sized bed. I've had two trucks with the VSB, a Tacoma and a Silverado... Never again.
I think my local Chebby :dillerman: had 2 black extended cab long beds in stock when I looked last week. I have yet to see a crew cab ZR2 on their website.
ChrisoftheNorth

:dillerman: nearest to my office has a leftover 2017 Blurple ZR2 Ext Cab. They've had it since AUGUST...I remember getting a price quote on it before I got mine, and they weren't dilling.

Now, I bet they'd pay someone to take it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm :dillerman: nearest to my office has a leftover 2017 Blurple ZR2 Ext Cab. They've had it since AUGUST...I remember getting a price quote on it before I got mine, and they weren't dilling.

I like the extended cab a hell of a lot more. But it’s not nearly as useful as the crew even for dog transport.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So if Toyota decided to use a scary but iconic fictional character to model its grill/facia on, then GM certainly didn't shy away from the challenge... the look is really growing on my doe.ImageImageImageImage
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:00 pm So if Toyota decided to use a scary but iconic fictional character to model its grill/facia on, then GM certainly didn't shy away from the challenge... the look is really growing on my doe.ImageImageImageImage
AVP in automotive form. :impressive:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm :dillerman: nearest to my office has a leftover 2017 Blurple ZR2 Ext Cab. They've had it since AUGUST...I remember getting a price quote on it before I got mine, and they weren't dilling.

:jimp:

Your truck stands out so much in the wheelin' thread. 5/7 :fuckyeah:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 pm
[user not found] wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I like it.

The single interesting thing about this truck... are the mirrors.
Front bumper/facia looks a little bit.... i dunno

Otherwise its a great looking truck and the rectangular wheel wheels have finally been addressed.Image
:dat:
That fender "cheek" line against the black of the front clip is :notsure: to me.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

https://jalopnik.com/the-2017-toyota-tu ... 1820821578 -- The 2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Is The Best Version Of An Honest Old Truck
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:24 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 pm https://jalopnik.com/the-2017-toyota-tu ... 1820821578 -- The 2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Is The Best Version Of An Honest Old Truck
The article is pretty spot on - comically huge controls, spacious seats, and it feels like you're piloting an aircraft carrier on the streets.

They do drive nice, but they also feel gigantic from behind the steering wheel.
Nice rig for wide open spaces.....or a Mall :)
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Nice rig for wide open spaces.....or a Mall :)

Not a :truk: I'd want to take on the trails.
No full size is.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Not a :truk: I'd want to take on the trails.
No full size is.
I have fun with mine when I go to the lakes and there are trails to get to the water. :iono:
*reserved for no content*
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also, it is not a real :truk: unless you need a step ladder to work on the engine.
ChrisoftheNorth

NEEK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm Also, it is not a real :truk: unless you need a step ladder to work on the engine.
I actually do in mine.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Cleaned the EGR today. Lots of buildup and looked like the o rings had failed. Also am currently waiting for the BANKS RAM AIR filter to dry to reoil the sumbitch. I should post pics of my work today.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 pm
NEEK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm Also, it is not a real :truk: unless you need a step ladder to work on the engine.
I actually do in mine.
Oh. Sorry. Step ladder AND full size, ya mid size betch. You got a compensatory lift, doesn't count.

:neek:
ChrisoftheNorth

NEEK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 pm
I actually do in mine.
Oh. Sorry. Step ladder AND full size, ya mid size betch.

At least mine's lifted.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:11 pm
NEEK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Oh. Sorry. Step ladder AND full size, ya mid size betch.

At least mine's lifted.
I don't need a lift. It is high enough.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got the EGR really clean. New gaskets. Good stuff. Also, filter was filthy. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Still drying the filter before re-oiling it.