Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:58 pm

I like the [user not found] spec very much as well, dat manual and dat 370Z engine.
It isn't a 370z engine, only somewhat similar.

Z engine revs to 7500 and has quite a few performance goodies
I just checked, it does have a vq engine, but a 4 liter, so it's under the vq series. I also didn't know theres a 4 banger version as well, probably in the ROW trucks.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Devilchrono wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:04 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 pm

We'll get to compare soon, I just ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/LIGHTENING-DARK- ... 4VFM1?th=1

It's another set that several people on the Colorado forum recommended, and it comes with both High and Low beams. Once I get them and try them for a few days, I may end up buying the Opt7 replacement LED Fogs as well.
They came in on Saturday, and should be straightforward to install. It's just gonna suck to do the passenger side because you've got to remove so much shit to get access to the back of the damn headlight housing, especially if you can't access it from the fender well like you can the fog lights.
Install complete. Took about an hour or so, didn't really time it. Will try to get night time pics in the next couple of days. Didn't get any before pics though :iono:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 am

I just checked, it does have a vq engine, but a 4 liter, so it's under the vq series. I also didn't know theres a 4 banger version as well, probably in the ROW trucks.
Right but that's like saying the 5.3 truk Ellis is the same as the z06 7 liter vee eight
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 am

Right but that's like saying the 5.3 truk Ellis is the same as the z06 7 liter vee eight
zilhuge mention one time it has dat vq, i legit thought it was that 3.7, since they have it on g37's and earlier q50 before 3.0t came as replacement.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 am

Perfect example, IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 pm

350Z engine, essentially. Same block, different stroke.

370Z engine is a VHR engine with VVEL. A lot of changes between the 3.5/4.0 and the 3.7.

I need to drive a 370Z someday, doe.
350z initially had a similar engine but then there were tons of changes with the 06+ VQHR engine. Dat revline...
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 pm

350Z engine, essentially. Same block, different stroke.

370Z engine is a VHR engine with VVEL. A lot of changes between the 3.5/4.0 and the 3.7.

I need to drive a 370Z someday, doe.
350z initially had a similar engine but then there were tons of changes with the 06+ VQHR engine. Dat revline...
06 was still a VQ35DE, though there were significant changes on dat year
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225

Hey brehs, have you guys purchased your LED bulbs? I want to swap them into my dads 300 as well. His projectors are pretty shitty with the halogens...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 pm Hey brehs, have you guys purchased your LED bulbs? I want to swap them into my dads 300 as well. His projectors are pretty shitty with the halogens...
I bought them, they came, and they look like pretty chintzy Chinese garbage. It takes significant tear-up to get to the passenger side headlight, so they're going back to Amazon. It's not a job I want to do a bunch dealing with shitty parts that fail all the time...warranty or not.

I'll buy these if I ever do it...

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h11-m ... troke.html
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 pm Hey brehs, have you guys purchased your LED bulbs? I want to swap them into my dads 300 as well. His projectors are pretty shitty with the halogens...
I bought them, they came, and they look like pretty chintzy Chinese garbage. It takes significant tear-up to get to the passenger side headlight, so they're going back to Amazon. It's not a job I want to do a bunch dealing with shitty parts that fail all the time...warranty or not.

This is the kit I was looking at.

Also, 1" front leveling kit is probably going to get ordered soon as well.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:36 pm

This is the kit I was looking at.

Also, 1" front leveling kit is probably going to get ordered soon as well.
There's just surgery involved with the dust caps to run that kit. NBD to most here, but more work than I'm willing to do on a lease.
ChrisoftheNorth

And what leveling kit? The Bilstein kit looks legit :notbad:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I just installed mine this morning. While it sounds like a lot to do, it actually wasn't terrible to do the passenger side. It's moving a coolant hose, 1 x20 Torx bit, 5 plastic clips and the bracket the holds the horn. All said, it actually took more time putting the dust caps back on because of the extra length to the harness made it a very tight fit inside them. If I had to do it again, I could probably have both sides done in 30 minutes, if that; less if you leave the dust covers off honestly.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm

I just installed mine this morning. While it sounds like a lot to do, it actually wasn't terrible to do the passenger side. It's moving a coolant hose, 1 x20 Torx bit, 5 plastic clips and the bracket the holds the horn. All said, it actually took more time putting the dust caps back on because of the extra length to the harness made it a very tight fit inside them. If I had to do it again, I could probably have both sides done in 30 minutes, if that; less if you leave the dust covers off honestly.
I looked behind the passenger headlight and just went :nope: I saw one dude went through the fender liner, and I may go that route, but honestly :aintcare:

So you fit them behind the stock dust caps? Interesting. I'm wondering if there's enough air to circulate to effectively cool?

Honestly, nothing is more frustrating than headlights going in and out. The more I thought about buying chinese crap, the more apprehensive I got. Then I got the things and they look pretty shitty. Not worth the hassle.
ChrisoftheNorth

BTW, forgot to mention that I installed a tonneau. Access Vanish Soft Roll-up. I'm really pleased with the quality, and it was only $250.ImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm And what leveling kit? The Bilstein kit looks legit :notbad:
http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling ... t-921.html

Just the spacer kit.
People on the forums say the ride is damn near the same.

Edit: The Bilstein kits look to be for 4WD only.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm

I looked behind the passenger headlight and just went :nope: I saw one dude went through the fender liner, and I may go that route, but honestly :aintcare:

So you fit them behind the stock dust caps? Interesting. I'm wondering if there's enough air to circulate to effectively cool?

Honestly, nothing is more frustrating than headlights going in and out. The more I thought about buying chinese crap, the more apprehensive I got. Then I got the things and they look pretty shitty. Not worth the hassle.
Yep, was able to get the stock dust caps back on. There should be plenty of airflow still, and I could probably just punch some holes in them to help. I wanted to get to it from inside the fender, but your better off going from the engine bay, you've got more access that way. Going through the fender is only good for the fog lights honestly.
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm BTW, forgot to mention that I installed a tonneau. Access Vanish Soft Roll-up. I'm really pleased with the quality, and it was only $250.ImageImage

Can you post how you like it after a week or two? While I'd like a tri-fold hard tonneau, it's just not in the cards right now and a soft one is gonna be my best option.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm And what leveling kit? The Bilstein kit looks legit :notbad:
http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling ... t-921.html

Just the spacer kit.
People on the forums say the ride is damn near the same.

I don't really want to replace shocks on a brand new truk.
Oh, :notbad:

I figured that maybe the Bilsteins would be an upgrade, but I honestly haven't looked into it much because ZR2.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Yep, was able to get the stock dust caps back on. There should be plenty of airflow still, and I could probably just punch some holes in them to help. I wanted to get to it from inside the fender, but your better off going from the engine bay, you've got more access that way. Going through the fender is only good for the fog lights honestly.
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm BTW, forgot to mention that I installed a tonneau. Access Vanish Soft Roll-up. I'm really pleased with the quality, and it was only $250.ImageImage

Can you post how you like it after a week or two? While I'd like a tri-fold hard tonneau, it's just not in the cards right now and a soft one is gonna be my best option.
Yep, will do.

I had a tri-fold soft on my Silverado and was mixed on it. I wouldn't buy another tri-fold anything, but I bought the roll-up strategically because I'm going to put bedrails on the sides of the bed with my Yakima crossrails mounted to them to take bikes and whatnot. Bike rack+tonneau = :jimp:
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Dat V6 badge :boner:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I fucking love that ZR2. :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 pm Dat V6 badge :boner:
It was added with the new engine. 5/7 :butwhy: but also :aintcare:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm I fucking love that ZR2. :jimp:
:dat:

I cannot express how much I love that stupid :truk:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm I fucking love that ZR2. :jimp:
:dat:

I cannot express how much I love that stupid :truk:
In4wheelinpics.

Also, can see this being bought at end of lease.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 pm Dat V6 badge :boner:
It was added with the new engine. 5/7 :butwhy: but also :aintcare:
I plan on taking all mine off, leaving just the GMC on the front and rear.