Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Off topic as fuck. :scoot:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm
Davestr wrote:I noticed ALOT of Jeeps are used in the movie Jurassic Park and have cool sorta orange wheels. It was on earlier and made me think of this thread. GO JEEP! :) It outran the T-rex LOL :)
Must have had the 3.73s in it
:word: :D
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 am Off topic as fuck. :scoot:
The true meaning of :scoot:
:dat: :like:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 pm
Melon wrote:
:ohdang:

Well, I suppose some time off would be good for me.
Or maybe don't call the members assholes?

I was pretty pissed when you deleted my posts for being off topic too. Took a few days off. I know i don't mean much to the site (under 4k posts and no expert in any specific avenue), but i enjoy being a part of it. Super cop behavior turns me right off doe. Especially since the whole premise of DFD is "Where off-topic is on-topic, 24/7".

Gonna :scoot: now lolImage

Full disclosure:

That jeep mods thread was started by Sawce, my attempt was to keep that one thread on topic, because Sawce had other threads derailed days before. That was a one-off on topic deal.

Secondly, I mainly cleaned up shit between Max and i, and other off-topic stuff, you just got caught in the sweep, no hard feelings, again, a one-off type of thing. I guess helping out a friend, keeping one thread on DFD on-topic, makes me a shitty admin, and a "super cop"

As far as Max and I, well that's our own thing.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

this is now a :minivan: thread
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am
this is now a :minivan: thread
Not Sawce's thread.

:melon: :aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:27 pm
wap wrote:
:wub: :sissyfight: To be fair, sometimes Max deserves to be called out, but he's a valued member here with good financial insight.
:sissyfight: :wub: , I enjoy the content Max offers, consider him an alright dude and love that there is usually data points to back his claims. Don't think admins should be calling anyone here a-holes doe. We all seem like pretty great people Image
:word:

For what it's worth man, I love getting the "across the boarder" perspective from our Canadian member, DFD wouldn't be the same without you, I'd be :sad: if you ever left, that's for sure.

I also feel the same about Max. I think the guy sometimes stated his opinions like they're facts and some hear get offended by that, but I mean, damn it's the internet. I do the same thing, everyone does. The guy also uses sarcasm and most people don't realize that. I feel Max offers a lot to the forum and has actually helped me out with his pretty substantial wealth of car knowledge. Melon, Troy, and Max (and others here) have all helped me along my C5 journey with knowledge they've accrued. I also find Max's content makes me :lolol: at times, just don't take anything too seriously here. It's a forum about absolutely nothing, after all.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 pm Or maybe don't call the members assholes?

I was pretty pissed when you deleted my posts for being off topic too. Took a few days off. I know i don't mean much to the site (under 4k posts and no expert in any specific avenue), but i enjoy being a part of it. Super cop behavior turns me right off doe. Especially since the whole premise of DFD is "Where off-topic is on-topic, 24/7".

Gonna :scoot: now lolImage

Full disclosure:

That jeep mods thread was started by Sawce, my attempt was to keep that one thread on topic, because Sawce had other threads derailed days before. That was a one-off on topic deal.

Secondly, I mainly cleaned up shit between Max and i, and other off-topic stuff, you just got caught in the sweep, no hard feelings, again, a one-off type of thing. I guess helping out a friend, keeping one thread on DFD on-topic, makes me a shitty admin, and a "super cop"

Okay no hard feels then, and sorry for calling you super cop, your authoritative actions seemed a little targeted (at Max). It would be cooler of you to strip out the animal fecal stuff from the first thread, but to Acid's defense the title had it coming lol

I also got how :sawce: expressed his frustration with the first thread. I'll stop being a betch now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

To :scoot: back :doe: , just :fap: to like 40 minutes of JL official release videos. #workingfromhomelyfe

Man, I want this car pretty bad, but what I would want is going to be a $35-40k car, which is a lot of money man. I'm certainly not ready to give up sports car life to have a :jeep: only, so it's nothing more than a dream right now.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am Okay no hard feels then, and sorry for calling you super cop, your authoritative actions seemed a little targeted (at Max). It would be cooler of you to strip out the animal fecal stuff from the first thread, but to Acid's defense the title had it coming lol

I also got how :sawce: expressed his frustration with the first thread. I'll stop being a betch now.
It's all good man, I'm always open to criticism.

I thought about the poop thread pics too, like "I like that shit fly..."
Still makes me cringe.

DFD only exists because of it's members. Max, Fax, MahTroy and everything in between.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Topic negligence :disgust:
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am
Melon wrote:

Full disclosure:

Okay no hard feels then, and sorry for calling you super cop, your authoritative actions seemed a little targeted (at Max). It would be cooler of you to strip out the animal fecal stuff from the first thread, but to Acid's defense the title had it coming lol

Aww you Canadians :wub:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 am To :scoot: back :doe: , just :fap: to like 40 minutes of JL official release videos. #workingfromhomelyfe

Man, I want this car pretty bad, but what I would want is going to be a $35-40k car, which is a lot of money man. I'm certainly not ready to give up sports car life to have a :jeep: only, so it's nothing more than a dream right now.
The new soft top is impressive as hell and a MAJOR upgrade on the JK one. Even the JK sunrider top was a huge upgrade on the prior gen. I love how usable they're trying to make the Jeepiest features. Like it comes with a pouch of tools to take the doors off. Neat!

I haven't watched vids of the 2.0T or 8AT performance though. Anxious to see how they perform in the real world. Really wondering about suspension changes and such.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:17 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 am To :scoot: back :doe: , just :fap: to like 40 minutes of JL official release videos. #workingfromhomelyfe

The new soft top is impressive as hell and a MAJOR upgrade on the JK one. Even the JK sunrider top was a huge upgrade on the prior gen. I love how usable they're trying to make the Jeepiest features. Like it comes with a pouch of tools to take the doors off. Neat!

I haven't watched vids of the 2.0T or 8AT performance though. Anxious to see how they perform in the real world. Really wondering about suspension changes and such.
Fast Lane or whatever those guys are called did a 0-60 test with the 8AT 2.0 model, he got 6.7 in one run and 7.3 in another :notbad:

Everyone is saying the ride and handling are way better on road too. Turning radius is also improved.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:17 am

Fast Lane or whatever those guys are called did a 0-60 test with the 8AT 2.0 model, he got 6.7 in one run and 7.3 in another :notbad:

Everyone is saying the ride and handling are way better on road too. Turning radius is also improved.
Oh wow. The Pentastar / 5AT felt decently quick in the JK. This sounds like a solid improvement.
Now I wanna find more vids on this thing.
Turning radius improved? Dang, it already had a super tight radius.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:39 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 am

Oh wow. The Pentastar / 5AT felt decently quick in the JK. This sounds like a solid improvement.
Now I wanna find more vids on this thing.
Turning radius improved? Dang, it already had a super tight radius.
I just enjoyed Doug Demuro's 30 minute piece on it. Tons of content out there.

Hmmm, four door sport starts at $31,690. I wonder what all is included in that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looking at the standard equipment lists, the only things I'd really want are air conditioning and powah windows... I'm a simple man. So, probably $33.5k.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:jeep: :jeep: :jeep:

Johnny_P

Drives like a legitimate automobile? Like any other SUV? :impressive: AF. The JK's steering is a mere suggestion. The suspension wallows and shimmys. If that bs is gone.... I might have to pick one of these up.

Hope they're at the Philly auto show.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I hope the JL is a huge upgrade so JK prices will go down.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Glowing review from Doug.... the rational part of me is being taken over by :troywax:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Pricing is starting to trickle in as well... there are huge price increases ... not only that but there are also reports of huge discounts on jks, up to 10k (In Canada) to add insult to injury.

The gap keeps getting wider. Annoyingly this is a tough
Hurdle to overcome.

The jl beat all expectations but it also got super pricy.
Destination is $1195 :wtf:
Hard top is $100 more expensive than prior
Auto $600 more than prior
Leather $150 more
Leds $895 more in Sahara (std now)

:( the price increases are closer to 4-5 at msrp
Last edited by max225 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 pm
wap wrote:
:( You are a great member here and a good dude. Please stick around. :like: :like:
Thanks Wap! I feel like you guys are kind of like family. I'm like the weird out of town cousin Eddy guy, but I'm cool with it. I like Max and his perspective on car ownershit, i learn a lot from his views and I'm willing to stand behind him when OP bash him and call him names. :gaydance:
O Canada
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am Glowing review from Doug.... the rational part of me is being taken over by :troywax:
Interestingly I found his review the best yet... As I won't be doing those rock crawling things, he really honed in on usability.

It's a tricky situation. JK would indeed be an awesome value right now, but I think used prices will probably drop finally. You really can't make the "this isn't a real :jeep: and the old model is way better" argument, clearly this is just a way better vehicle.

I'm thinking maybe you should just find a \\W lease with only one year left then revisit the :jeep: after. The first year will be nuts with no discounts and such, then you can see where prices land both new and used.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:30 am
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am Glowing review from Doug.... the rational part of me is being taken over by :troywax:
Interestingly I found his review the best yet... As I won't be doing those rock crawling things, he really honed in on usability.

It's a tricky situation. JK would indeed be an awesome value right now, but I think used prices will probably drop finally. You really can't make the "this isn't a real :jeep: and the old model is way better" argument, clearly this is just a way better vehicle.

I'm thinking maybe you should just find a \\W lease with only one year left then revisit the :jeep: after. The first year will be nuts with no discounts and such, then you can see where prices land both new and used.
The biggest risk for the JL is FCA reliability. The JK's have been proven to be solid, and the JL's will too...eventually. Judging by other FCA new product launches, it's iffy how durable they'll be for the first few years. That alone could prop of JK values.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.