Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:27 pm https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/wran ... ear-axles/

So the Bronco will have solid front/rear axles... dat history coming back. So time to increase displacement and decrease transmission gears next :lolgasm:

It sounds like it'll be a legit competitor to the Wrangler... The question is 2 or 4 door or both. If I was ford... I'd have to make it a 4, little business case for 2.
It better look like those renders that people have been :fap: over for the last 3 years.
Johnny_P

I'd buy one.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:popcorn:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SixSpeeder

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pm
maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:27 pm https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/wran ... ear-axles/

So the Bronco will have solid front/rear axles... dat history coming back. So time to increase displacement and decrease transmission gears next :lolgasm:

It sounds like it'll be a legit competitor to the Wrangler... The question is 2 or 4 door or both. If I was ford... I'd have to make it a 4, little business case for 2.
It better look like those renders that people have been :fap: over for the last 3 years.
:dat:

But it won't look like them so :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:yeahok:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pmI'd buy one.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:54 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pmI'd buy one.
I wood doe. I want a truck that's basically Jeep sized but just a tad larger. Preferably it would have a bed. But would be OK without one.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:59 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:54 am

I wood doe. I want a truck that's basically Jeep sized but just a tad larger. Preferably it would have a bed. But would be OK without one.
Not gonna happen. The Jeep pickup might be your answer, doe. I'm sure the next Wrangler will be slightly bigger than the JK.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:59 am

Not gonna happen. The Jeep pickup might be your answer, doe. I'm sure the next Wrangler will be slightly bigger than the JK.
The Jeep pickup is another one I'll be watching.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:38 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 am

The Jeep pickup is another one I'll be watching.
I'm curious to see this one as well. I just :lolol: at all the :triggered: from people about the new Bronco. It will be such a let-down.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:yeahok: GM hateboism
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:35 am :yeahok: GM hateboism
Nope. Just know how these things go.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Jeep jk is fine the way it is. needs more fuel efficiency though. 15mpg is unacceptable.
ford has been hitting it out of the park with all their shit lately. bronco might be a hit.
SixSpeeder

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/i-dont-be ... 1791583247
ChrisoftheNorth

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:33 pm

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/i-dont-be ... 1791583247
So much dat.
max225

Yep it'll be an Epic flop of Epic proportions.
#Worstvehicleof2020
Last edited by max225 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:11 pm Yep it'll be an Epic flow of Epic proportions.
#Worstvehicleof2020
Actually, it'll probably be pretty good. Just not what everyone thinks it will be.

Solid axles... :yeahok:
2-door.... :yeahok:
Smaller than a 4Runner.... :yeahok:
Removable roof... :yeahok:
Offroad prowess to match Wrangler... :yeahok:

It'll be a great all-around SUV with excellent off-road capability, but butthurt will flow freely from enthusiasts. Mark my words.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 am
maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:11 pm Yep it'll be an Epic flow of Epic proportions.
#Worstvehicleof2020
Actually, it'll probably be pretty good. Just not what everyone thinks it will be.

Solid axles... :yeahok:
2-door.... :yeahok:
Smaller than a 4Runner.... :yeahok:
Removable roof... :yeahok:
Offroad prowess to match Wrangler... :yeahok:

It'll be a great all-around SUV with excellent off-road capability, but butthurt will flow freely from enthusiasts. Mark my words.
"everyone" are just keyboard warriors on 199x rangers pretending like they are best cars in the world. As you and I and most on this forum know what everyone claims they "want" on the net is never the reality,
V8 supercharged manual wagons don't sell.

Butt hurt will flow from K5 blazer bois saying how their 350 powered relics are the best thing since sliced bread.

however the person that will buy is a bro-grammer or a barista with a trust fund to stand out from the crowd 3 series etc.

I think if they get it out before the gas crunch hits they can have a huge success considering how under-served that market is at the moment.

I think it will have some kind of trick roof. Not sure about solid front and not sure if it matters, and I do think it'll be off road capable enough to satisfy most. I am willing to bet 99% of wrangler owners don't need the solid fronts either, but FCA can't afford the backlash of losing the key selling feature.

The Bronco doesn't have to compete with the wrangler from that perspective. It just has to "look rugged" be "somewhat offroad capable" and "uniquely styled"
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

not a Jeep, but a Jeep-like vehicle restoration.

http://imgur.com/a/yPHUQ
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 pm not a Jeep, but a Jeep-like vehicle restoration.

That is sweet. Wish someone would rear end the mountaineer before I scrap it.
max225

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 pm not a Jeep, but a Jeep-like vehicle restoration.

Mechanical work not pictured: Replaced the Radiator, starter, ignition, ignition coil, belts, spark plugs, spark plug wires, rebuilt the transmission, alternator, removed AC, gas tank, exhaust, so basically everything. :oops: that's a lot of work... might as well build the car from scratch at that point which is the issue with almost everything from pre 1990 unless that was done already, or super anal low mileage anal owner.

Epic Job doe... but a solid 30k are in that car. Which makes it tough to justify over say something like a future Bronco or Wrangayler. :(
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

But then you don't have an International Scout II to drive around in.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:06 pm But then you don't have an International Scout II to drive around in.
Hard to argue the classic car "cool" factor