Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Although that 3 ton pittsburgh on clearance isn't low profile so I'd avoid it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:42 pm Although that 3 ton pittsburgh on clearance isn't low profile so I'd avoid it.
Yeah I may grab that 2 ton low profile..
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:19 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 am No chance I would attempt to coat the OEM wheels myself. The Apex ones are simple enough though.

I used the Turtle Wax brand spray stuff and left it on really thick for the barrel and pockets of the wheels. I applied it and didn't really bother buffing it off. I saw this technique on the AMMO YT channel. I figured it should help with longevity of the consumer grade stuff.
You just sprayed it on the wet wheel and then pressure washed it? The turtle wax graphene spray I'm using right now is a bit more finicky to apply than their regular ceramic spray but it seems to work really well.

I was in kind of a time crunch to get the wheels done so I didn't drag the pressure washer out to clean the apexes. Just gave them a quick wipe down.
No I wiped it on the wheels before the tires were mounted. I just didn't wait for it to haze over and buff off like you're supposed to. The tires themselves have Griot's satin black tire dressing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah, the Shittsburgh is totally fine. I also have that exact Daytona and it's nice. I got a floor model in the store for around $100.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The Shittsburgh Dan gave me is mint. Got under my lowered :poorvette: and held it up solid in the driveway for about 10hr the other day without drooping at all.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:11 pm The Shittsburgh Dan gave me is mint. Got under my lowered :poorvette: and held it up solid in the driveway for about 10hr the other day without drooping at all.
It was probably like “I’m finally at home under a heavy American, after way too much time servicing a French…

:hue:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 am coating wheels and especially calipers is next level. I am a bit ocd when it comes to cars but not to that level.
It's more to save time at the end of the day. If you can clean the :ramz: with a simple hose off, that's a win.
I have never been able to do this
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 am

It's more to save time at the end of the day. If you can clean the :ramz: with a simple hose off, that's a win.
Same. Even after I use the brake buster with a foam cannon and agitation, I still have plenty of dirt spots left on the wheel.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 am

Same. Even after I use the brake buster with a foam cannon and agitation, I still have plenty of dirt spots left on the wheel.
Yeah and there is a big rain/dirt mixture that isn't coming off without some contact work.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

OK i am not alone in this... I always found the claims of "shit just hoses off" exaggerated with both the car and the wheels. Coated or not. I do find that dirt doesn't stick AS much to a coated car but it may be a marginal improvement at best... and it is a bit easier to clean. With wheels I tried but I don't even bother anymore... they just need to be hand washed. I don't believe in pressure washers because I feel like they may be rough on the paint... :wrong: I know.
Last edited by max225 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm OK i am not alone in this... I always found the claims of "shit just hoses off" exaggerated with both the car and the wheels. Coated or not. I do find that dirt doesn't stick AS much to a coated car but it may be a marginal improvement at best... and it is a bit easier to clean. With wheels I tried but I don't even both anymore... they just need to be hand washed. I don't believe in pressure washers because I feel like they may be rough on the paint... :wrong: I know.
On this ONE DAY, you are 100% correct. Enjoy.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm OK i am not alone in this... I always found the claims of "shit just hoses off" exaggerated with both the car and the wheels. Coated or not. I do find that dirt doesn't stick AS much to a coated car but it may be a marginal improvement at best... and it is a bit easier to clean. With wheels I tried but I don't even both anymore... they just need to be hand washed. I don't believe in pressure washers because I feel like they may be rough on the paint... :wrong: I know.
:wrong:

You just need to have one setup the right way. Just powerful enough that it can peel the ppf off.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Don't think anyone is claiming the car is perfectly clean, but it's really no different than paying $15 for the touchless car wash.
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:03 pm

You just need to have one setup the right way. Just powerful enough that it can peel the ppf off.
:lolol:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:03 pm

:iswydt:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gave the car a wash yesterday and I was extra careful around the film. Can’t have thousand dollhair plastic film getting peeled off by a hundred dollhair pressure washer.

I also poked around bimmercode some more. The burbles were a lie? :dafuq: I had no idea you could individually activate/deactivate the sounds. Can’t wait to get midpipes for this :doe:

I could also change my signal tones to Rolls Royce. :fancy:

max225

Electronically generated burbles :wtf:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:16 pm Electronically generated burbles :wtf:
Right? The car definitely burbles on its own even with the stock exhaust but it’s subtle and that’s what I thought I was hearing while driving. I thought it sounded real but I’ve never had a car that burbles so I guess at least some of it is fake.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I mean… maybe the electronics control actual mechanical/chemical functions?

My BootMod3 tune on the 328i had a snap, crackle, pop slider that worked nicely.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That's exactly what it does. Dumps fuel in the exhaust on purpose.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Googling brings me to forum bros saying it's all fake. :(
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 am Googling brings me to forum bros saying it's all fake. :(
Well it's still "real" in a sense that it's combustion within the exhaust during decell, but modern efficiency took the natural burbles away long ago. I do kinda miss it in my car. When I went from H-pipe to the x-pipe it almost completely eliminated them.

Edit: wait does "active sound design" mean the engine noise coming from the speakers? If so do the burbles inside match what's happening outside?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:25 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 am Googling brings me to forum bros saying it's all fake. :(
Well it's still "real" in a sense that it's combustion within the exhaust during decell, but modern efficiency took the natural burbles away long ago. I do kinda miss it in my car. When I went from H-pipe to the x-pipe it almost completely eliminated them.

Edit: wait does "active sound design" mean the engine noise coming from the speakers? If so do the burbles inside match what's happening outside?
Yeah, active sound design is apparently all speaker stuff. I have no idea what startup, downshift, and upshift sounds are. Assuming load sound is trying to mimic induction noise.

If I throw it in sport or sport plus and rev at a standstill, it does burble a little bit which is why I thought it was real when I'd hear it while driving.

As far as H vs X-pipe, it looks like most midpipes for the G80 use an X-pipe. I think I've seen one use an H but I don't remember which one it was. Regardless, I'm planning on the AA equal length. The car definitely needs it.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Time to unplug that soundaktor :mk6: style
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:58 pm Time to unplug that soundaktor :mk6: style
:dat: :member:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.