Dogs of DFD: dogs rule cats drool

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Wow a new subject to be :wrong: over.

Our dogs were/is old. My fist dog I got as an adult was named Mazda, and while she could be an absolute terror sometimes, she was loyal and friendly. Her body was failing physically, but her mind was going faster. Anyway, we had to put her down recently, RIP.

The other dog is also not doing well. Vet says 6 months to a year. The vet also said that getting another packmate might make her happier and extend that.

While it should have been nice to live dog free for a minute, its easier to train the bugger with another in the home already trained. The wife and I decided to start considering. Then we settled on a breed, a Doberman. Then we went exploring for how to get doggo. Man they are $$$. Then we found a breeder, the price was right, the timing was tough to work out. But we didn't force the thing, and it happened.

Life is balls to the walls at the moment, and money is flying out the door renovating the rental apt, and even I though its kinda stupid to get a puppy in all this chaos. But hey, why not?

I give you Zander. Its short for Alexander, we chose it based on ease to pronounce and its meaning: "Alexander is primarily a boy's name of Greek origins, meaning “man's defender” and “warrior.” The name derives from the Greek name Aléxandros and is possibly most famously associated with the 4th-century BCE king of Macedonia, Alexander the Great"

Introductions :math:

I'm his personal pillow. I'll enjoy that while it lasts since he's 9 weeks and 18lbs already. Dad is 90-100lbs and mom is about 60.

So far the little shit has been the best puppy ever. He's following big dogs lead for going out, only 1 accident in the house. He has chosen me thus far to be his person, and the wife is annoyed :lol: Doberman people call them velcro dogs and oh boy i get what that is, he is at my side nearly every waking moment. First night was rough for him being away from the pack, so I slept with him on the couch and continued my star wars clone wars marathon. But last night he cried for about 3 minutes in his kennel and that was it. No accident in there either. I'm honestly surprised its gone so well.

The other dog is taking it ok. gotten growly/snippy once or twice but just really warnings. Dog also was sick (puked 2x yesterday) so prob was not feeling well and/or hungry.

Will update with this weeks adventures.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Doberman eh ? They are cool dogs but they require quite a bit of work. Best of luck :) dogs can be a lot of fun
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:24 am I give you Zander. Its short for Alexander, we chose it based on ease to pronounce and its meaning: "Alexander is primarily a boy's name of Greek origins, meaning “man's defender” and “warrior.” The name derives from the Greek name Aléxandros and is possibly most famously associated with the 4th-century BCE king of Macedonia, Alexander the Great"
Good lookin pup, dude.

Here's my guy.

Name is Cooper, he's a 25lb schnauzer mix and he's my first dog. My parents always had cats growing up, but my wife converted me and I was jealous of her having "her" dog, so I had to get one of my own. Dude's 11.5 now but you'd never know it. I too am his personal pillow depending on time of day, but having had cats growing up I'd miss that if I had a bigger dog. He goes running with me a few days each week, chases tennis balls until he passes out, and tries to earn his keep catching chipmunks (pictured pulling the downspout off the house) and squirrels. Yes, I typically like him more than my actual children. :lol:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:58 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:24 am I give you Zander. Its short for Alexander, we chose it based on ease to pronounce and its meaning: "Alexander is primarily a boy's name of Greek origins, meaning “man's defender” and “warrior.” The name derives from the Greek name Aléxandros and is possibly most famously associated with the 4th-century BCE king of Macedonia, Alexander the Great"
Good lookin pup, dude.

Here's my guy.

Name is Cooper, he's a 25lb schnauzer mix and he's my first dog. My parents always had cats growing up, but my wife converted me and I was jealous of her having "her" dog, so I had to get one of my own. Dude's 11.5 now but you'd never know it. I too am his personal pillow depending on time of day, but having had cats growing up I'd miss that if I had a bigger dog. He goes running with me a few days each week, chases tennis balls until he passes out, and tries to earn his keep catching chipmunks (pictured pulling the downspout off the house) and squirrels. Yes, I typically like him more than my actual children. :lol:

The mark of a quality pet.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

After living with my wife's two dags (Lab and Retreiver) our entire relationship, they both passed and we've been living pet free for about a year and have been enjoying the freedom attendant to that. I think we will bite the bullet and get another in early 2024. Contenders are:

1. Lab
2. Corgi (Smaller dog, still big dog personality)
3. Australian Cattle Dog.

TBD.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Congrats on the new pup, Brad! He’s adogable and sounds like a good one so far.

When my wife and I started dating she had a Lhasa Opso which really didn’t do much for me. Sadly she passed a few weeks before our wedding. I was excited to be dog free for a time but once covid hit, :tits: really wanted to pull the trigger. She found Charlie, our labradoodle on Craigslist. He was quite a :dill: at $400 post shots and everything - a local college kid got him from a breeder/puppy mill from the sound of it and after a month or two realized school + work + puppy wasn’t sustainable.

We renamed him from Chewy to Charlie and the rest is history. We’ve had him three years now and I never thought I could love an animal so much, he’s truly great and also has quite a strong cuddle game for being 65 pounds. I love walking and running with him and he’s really a more enjoyable companion than most humans :lolol:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Cute dog. Dobbies are cool.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:34 pm Congrats on the new pup, Brad! He’s adogable and sounds like a good one so far.

When my wife and I started dating she had a Lhasa Opso which really didn’t do much for me. Sadly she passed a few weeks before our wedding. I was excited to be dog free for a time but once covid hit, :tits: really wanted to pull the trigger. She found Charlie, our labradoodle on Craigslist. He was quite a :dill: at $400 post shots and everything - a local college kid got him from a breeder/puppy mill from the sound of it and after a month or two realized school + work + puppy wasn’t sustainable.

We renamed him from Chewy to Charlie and the rest is history. We’ve had him three years now and I never thought I could love an animal so much, he’s truly great and also has quite a strong cuddle game for being 65 pounds. I love walking and running with him and he’s really a more enjoyable companion than most humans :lolol:

Our neighbors across the street have a labradoodle. Super friendly :doge: and always seems to be in a good mood.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

This is going way to well. Enjoying it but waiting for a shoe to drop. We had a couple pee accidents inside yesterday, but honestly he was excited becasue I just got home and then later the wife, should have took him out right away.

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:34 pm Congrats on the new pup, Brad! He’s adogable and sounds like a good one so far.

Our neighbors across the street have a labradoodle. Super friendly :doge: and always seems to be in a good mood.
They’re a fantastic breed, there’s a reason they’re a top choice for rich whites but it does make me feel weird sometimes, walking what in most cases would be a three thousand dollar dog.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

They’re a fantastic breed, there’s a reason they’re a top choice for rich whites but it does make me feel weird sometimes, walking what in most cases would be a three thousand dollar dog.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Thanks! You got a good boy too looks like. Glad you have a good one; our niece has 2 of those and they are TERRORS. Sweet, but bad dogs. Even the doggie boot camp they sent them too didnt help.

Combine the dumbness of the poodle and the energy of a lab (and some are none too bright) and thats a recipe for disaster sometimes, apparently. At least the shedding is minimal.
max225

You got it backwards labs are dumb but happy and poodles are smart but stubborn.
max225

Getting her dusted off after the beach
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:00 pm You got it backwards labs are dumb but happy and poodles are smart but stubborn.
That has not been my experience.

Puppy update: Wife is working from home today and reports the dog is being an angel. no accidents yet.
max225

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:55 pm

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about them, too. Neighbors seem to love theirs. Great with the parents and the kids, obedient, rarely strays off their property despite not having a fence, etc.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I've only met a few and they were DUMB. Maybe it was poor training. :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:00 pm You got it backwards labs are dumb but happy and poodles are smart but stubborn.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:01 pm Getting her dusted off after the beach
:wub: but does she ride back there?
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:02 pm
She rides in a bag inside
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

OF COURSE. DOG SMELL. :triggered:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:06 pm

She rides in a bag inside
:idbu:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

day 4 and this little stinker is already sleeping in his kennel on his own accord