Dogs of DFD: dogs rule cats drool

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Little shit is getting big

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

THE GSD pictured below is no longer with us. Happened suddenly about a month ago, was very hard. And we had to put her down, it was not natural. Very sad, wow.
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:24 am

Our dogs were old.
Introductions :math:

Anyway, if you want to know a good business to be in, find a medium size metro area with no 24 hr emergency vet and open one. There is exactly ONE in Knoxville and the tax is high.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

My dog on a walk in the summer. He’s like ‘fuck this heat, in laying downI’.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Here's mine looking at me for a comfy place to cuddle up. She's really sweet.

golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

The wife decided enough time had passed and wated another GSD. Not a puppy tho lol. So this is KoKo-Koda, new name first old name second so she can get used to it, a ~4 year old we re-homed from a local family. Super sweet girl, just needs some structure. Getting along with Zander, but zander wants to play all the time and after about 10 mins she is very much 'leave me alone'. they will get it figured out.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:14 am The wife decided enough time had passed and wated another GSD. Not a puppy tho lol. So this is KoKo-Koda, new name first old name second so she can get used to it, a ~4 year old we re-homed from a local family. Super sweet girl, just needs some structure. Getting along with Zander, but zander wants to play all the time and after about 10 mins she is very much 'leave me alone'. they will get it figured out.

Cute pup. Rehoming is the way to go, minus needing to correct previous owner’s training flubs. She’ll be in good hands.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:14 am The wife decided enough time had passed and wated another GSD. Not a puppy tho lol. So this is KoKo-Koda, new name first old name second so she can get used to it, a ~4 year old we re-homed from a local family. Super sweet girl, just needs some structure. Getting along with Zander, but zander wants to play all the time and after about 10 mins she is very much 'leave me alone'. they will get it figured out.

That’s a cute puppers!! Once a week, I get tempted to adopt another dog. My heart can’t take looking at those instagram ads from Charlotte Humane Society.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

How do you guys handle dogs when everyone is employed? Or spouse stays home?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:08 am How do you guys handle dogs when everyone is employed? Or spouse stays home?
Crate train. My wife kinda works from home, she has to go make visits some days but is there a lot too. before that the dogs just had their crate. Once they are crate trained you can usually leave them in a small or specific room and they wont tear shit up when you are gone, that's what we did with the old dogs.

The crate/kennel isn't punishment or anything its their 'house' ; a safe space for them to not be bothered and rest.
SAWCE

Man I tried crate training with Ava when I first got her… I think it would have worked well, but this girl Bryce lived with my buddy and I and she was home all day.. if Ava cried at all, Bryce would let her out of the crate. But, she wouldn’t take her outside or keep an eye on her or anything.. so I’d come home to shit and piss all over the house, and a dog that had learned that crying gets her what she wants. Fuck that cunt.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:42 am
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:08 am How do you guys handle dogs when everyone is employed? Or spouse stays home?
Crate train. My wife kinda works from home, she has to go make visits some days but is there a lot too. before that the dogs just had their crate. Once they are crate trained you can usually leave them in a small or specific room and they wont tear shit up when you are gone, that's what we did with the old dogs.

The crate/kennel isn't punishment or anything its their 'house' ; a safe space for them to not be bothered and rest.
So they are just chillin in a crate from 9-5?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:53 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:42 am

So they are just chillin in a crate from 9-5?
They could be, but typically are not. If the wife didn't WFH we would probably set up a larger space like a pen or something.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

For our dog Mav, she is honestly so chill that it makes it easy.

At first, we would crate her, but as I trained her and she got older, I gained more and more trust leaving her out to just roam the house free while I was gone.

The wife now works in the office 4 days a week, but im home randomly throughout the day. Usually there is a 3-4 hour period anytime between 7 and 6 I’m home. So I take her on walks while I make my calls.

If I know I’m going to have a heavy day, not be homes for 12+ hours, I send her to doggy daycare. It’s kinda awesome & she loves it. She plays so hard that she gets home and will sleep in the next day till like noon.

I would say training and temperament are key. If you have a German Shepard or collie, be prepared to exercise them constantly. Mav is a mut mixed with all kinds of shit. Whatever that mixture is produced the sweetest, most well behaved dog ever.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:23 pm For our dog Mav, she is honestly so chill that it makes it easy.

At first, we would crate her, but as I trained her and she got older, I gained more and more trust leaving her out to just roam the house free while I was gone.

The wife now works in the office 4 days a week, but im home randomly throughout the day. Usually there is a 3-4 hour period anytime between 7 and 6 I’m home. So I take her on walks while I make my calls.

If I know I’m going to have a heavy day, not be homes for 12+ hours, I send her to doggy daycare. It’s kinda awesome & she loves it. She plays so hard that she gets home and will sleep in the next day till like noon.

I would say training and temperament are key. If you have a German Shepard or collie, be prepared to exercise them constantly. Mav is a mut mixed with all kinds of shit. Whatever that mixture is produced the sweetest, most well behaved dog ever.
In4MavPics
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:36 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:23 pm For our dog Mav, she is honestly so chill that it makes it easy.

In4MavPics
It’s half my phone, so Mav photo shoot incoming…..

SAWCE

Hi Mav!
wap

:fuckyeah: :doge: Overload.

Thanks for sharing. She's a beaut. Is that Griffballz's dog in the first pic?
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:49 pm :fuckyeah: :doge: Overload.

I love this dog more than anything in this world!!

And that is the Griff dog, the one and only chewy
wap

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 pm

:ohmy:
Don't tell your :tits: that! lol
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 pm

:ohmy:
Don't tell your :tits: that! lol
Trust me, she already knows!
wap

:ohdang: :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat:

Mav is indeed 5/7 and she’s Charlie’s frand.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Charlie free roams/sleeps all day. We’re certainly not gone every day - I WFH mostly if I’m not on the road, :tits: is like 40% WFH. But plenty of days he’s home from like 8-5 no problem. He shat on the floor for the first time ever a few weeks ago but I think he just had an upset stomach. Fortunately it was on the vinyl wood.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice: :wub:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:54 pm
Charlie free roams/sleeps all day. We’re certainly not gone every day - I WFH mostly if I’m not on the road, :tits: is like 40% WFH. But plenty of days he’s home from like 8-5 no problem. He shat on the floor for the first time ever a few weeks ago but I think he just had an upset stomach. Fortunately it was on the vinyl wood.
:notbad: