2023 :plac: thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:59 am Might go plac the wife's car today/tomorrow
What’s on the menu for replacing it?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:59 am Might go plac the wife's car today/tomorrow
infiniti qx80
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:16 pm

infiniti qx80
:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

infiniti qx80
That's a beast! I only had one encounter with a QX80, BUT it was a bit dodgy. Not sure if it is a common problem, but you may want to be aware of it just in case.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Tar wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:08 pm

infiniti qx80
That's a beast! I only had one encounter with a QX80, BUT it was a bit dodgy. Not sure if it is a common problem, but you may want to be aware of it just in case.
what you mean by dodgy?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:08 pm

what you mean by dodgy?
Our baby photographer (yeah we are yuppies) has one, she has been having trouble with the engine because it overheats on her. Just thought I'd let you know in case there is a way to check for that before you commit
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tar wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:57 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm

what you mean by dodgy?
Our baby photographer (yeah we are yuppies) has one, she has been having trouble with the engine because it overheats on her. Just thought I'd let you know in case there is a way to check for that before you commit
This isn't a first time i hear their 5.6 is problematic. According to car wizard, a couple had to cancel their vacation to Bahamas cause their Nissan Titan with the 5.6 took shit.

Also very outdated interiors too
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:50 am

We were in Athens two nights and three days total - highlights were a bicycle tour of the city, a food walking tour, sunsets on hills, visit to the Acropolis/Parthenon, and just walking around checking out the neighborhoods, scenery and food.

The food was awesome and cheap even in tourist areas, people were very nice, the city is vibrant, so many great views in Athens, got an amazing hotel for less than a Hampton Inn in Cincinnati.

We went to Santorini, Rhodes, Mikonos/Mykonos, and Bodrum (I know, not an island and not Greek).

I’d rank them Rhodes > Bodrum > Mikonos > Santorini.
That's awesome. Glad you enjoyed Athens. What hotel/neighborhood was your hotel in? Agreed, Athens is a very lively, "alive" city, if that makes sense.

Interesting that you'd rank Mykonos over Santorini with it's :amaze: caldera views and history. What was it that caused you to rank it so low? I'd guess crowds, but Mykonos is packed with people this time of year, too. Genuinely curious...
Well… I didn’t really like either :lolol:

Santorini was hot as fuck, we immediately had to walk up a couple hundred meters vertically with abused donkeys on a path covered in poo. Cable car lines multiple hours long. We did visit the town of Imerovigli and Hike Skaros Rock which was very cool. Oia was also pretty.

:iono: the architecture in Santorini is pretty but I don’t really find the landscape at all attractive, very brown with zero plants/trees. It was very cool to see once but I’d never go back there or Mikonos. Overall I would 100% go back to Greece; Athens, check out Crete and some of the lesser well known islands,
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/795c ... 8b158500e/
see it while it's up still!

thanks for feedback. we put it through the paces and it's solid. will keep an eye on cooling system. when I looked for common issues didn't really find much on the net.

for when add is gone it's a 2016 fully loaded signature edition 61k miles $31,8xx
other than some wear on drivers seat which is minor, the car is in better shape than cars of this age or miles. new tires too.

Sticker on this thing was 90k new :yikes:
by far the most expensive stickerd vehicle wife or I have ever owed.

edit: max this being a signature edition the interior is great for a 2016 and still looks awesome. swade headliner, ass coolers, brown leather.... :megusta:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:55 am

That's awesome. Glad you enjoyed Athens. What hotel/neighborhood was your hotel in? Agreed, Athens is a very lively, "alive" city, if that makes sense.

Interesting that you'd rank Mykonos over Santorini with it's :amaze: caldera views and history. What was it that caused you to rank it so low? I'd guess crowds, but Mykonos is packed with people this time of year, too. Genuinely curious...

Santorini was hot as fuck, we immediately had to walk up a couple hundred meters vertically with abused donkeys on a path covered in poo. Cable car lines multiple hours long. We did visit the town of Imerovigli and Hike Skaros Rock which was very cool. Oia was also pretty.

:iono: the architecture in Santorini is pretty but I don’t really find the landscape at all attractive, very brown with zero plants/trees. It was very cool to see once but I’d never go back there or Mikonos. Overall I would 100% go back to Greece; Athens, check out Crete and some of the lesser well known islands,
Milos and Samos are very nice places to visit. Always wanted to go to Rhodes doe
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh

Sounds like high summer may not be the best time to visit the Greek Islands.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol: :word:
GREECE is hot as fuck in August, for sure. Wow, multiple hours for the cable car? :fullretard: I kinda feel bad for the donkeys, but :ohwell: you could have ridden them up :iono: .

We spent a few days of our honeymoon in Oia and I had been there once before that. It is indeed very pretty. But you're right, the climate is pretty harsh and not much grows there. Did you visit a winery? It's pretty :amaze: to see how the grape vines grow and thrive in that climate, and the wine is :muah: , too. I assume you also didn't get a chance to see the archeological site of Akrotiri - the 4,000 year old Bronze Age city of multi-story homes with indoor plumbing, sewage system, and flushing toilets? Pretty :mindblown: how advanced those Minoans were!

Where did you stay in Athens - hotel/neighborhood?

Always wanted to go to Crete. If you want islands that are greener/less harsh landscape, try the Northern Sporades (can personally recommend Skiathos) or the Ionian Islands (Corfu, Ithaka, Zakynthos, Kefalonia, etc), which have a completely different vibe than the most of the rest of Greece having never been under the Ottoman yoke, instead being governed for centuries by Venice and Britain. This is where my family is from.

:popcorn: for pics!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 am

Milos and Samos are very nice places to visit. Always wanted to go to Rhodes doe
I've heard this, too. You ever been to Kos? I haven't but friends tell me it's pretty :nice:

Rhodes is indeed 5/7.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:57 am Sounds like high summer may not be the best time to visit the Greek Islands.
Definitely not if you have the choice. Spring and fall are the best times. It's still warm well into September/October, though it does occasionally rain in spring/fall. Summers are totally dry.

Then there are the massive wild fires they have to fight every summer. :nope:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:12 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 am

I've heard this, too. You ever been to Kos? I haven't but friends tell me it's pretty :nice:

Rhodes is indeed 5/7.
I have listened to their radio when I was in Bodrum. It looks nice and figured it might be as nice. Also it is cheap to go there, so maybe next time when I visit. My folks are considering buying a place in Bodrum cause they are getting tired of constantinople.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:15 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:57 am Sounds like high summer may not be the best time to visit the Greek Islands.
Definitely not if you have the choice. Spring and fall are the best times. It's still warm well into September/October, though it does occasionally rain in spring/fall. Summers are totally dry.

:dat: same goes for Bodrum in May. Also german tourists who farts and have their kids running around.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:25 am
wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:15 am

:dat: same goes for Bodrum in May. Also german tourists who farts and have their kids running around.
I experienced this in Rhodes! :lolol: :wtf: Fat, middle age German dudes walking around with their shirts unbuttoned showing their fat, hairy stomachs farting like a boss.
:gag:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:24 am
wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:12 am

Rhodes is indeed 5/7.
I have listened to their radio when I was in Bodrum. It looks nice and figured it might be as nice. Also it is cheap to go there, so maybe next time when I visit. My folks are considering buying a place in Bodrum cause they are getting tired of constantinople.
:notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:40 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:25 am

I experienced this in Rhodes! :lolol: :wtf: Fat, middle age German dudes walking around with their shirts unbuttoned showing their fat, hairy stomachs farting like a boss.
Same in Samos, they're rude af. One dude bumped into me like I'm nothing when I was getting my food at the buffet. I had a few german guests that are like that as well, especially bitching about how to metro works as if its my fault.

Their rooms turns out to be awful and never tip housekeepers.

I recently had a german turkish family who forces their teenage daughter to wear a sweater when its 90 and humid out. Probably showing shoulder.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Here are a few more pics for you savages

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Holy Beluga ! Congrats !
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:35 pm Holy Beluga ! Congrats !
:truckyeah:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:02 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:40 am

Same in Samos, they're rude af. One dude bumped into me like I'm nothing when I was getting my food at the buffet. I had a few german guests that are like that as well, especially bitching about how to metro works as if its my fault.

Their rooms turns out to be awful and never tip housekeepers.

I recently had a german turkish family who forces their teenage daughter to wear a sweater when its 90 and humid out. Probably showing shoulder.
:disgust: Fuuuuck all that, mang. :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:11 am

:lolol: :word:
GREECE is hot as fuck in August, for sure. Wow, multiple hours for the cable car? :fullretard: I kinda feel bad for the donkeys, but :ohwell: you could have ridden them up :iono: .

We spent a few days of our honeymoon in Oia and I had been there once before that. It is indeed very pretty. But you're right, the climate is pretty harsh and not much grows there. Did you visit a winery? It's pretty :amaze: to see how the grape vines grow and thrive in that climate, and the wine is :muah: , too. I assume you also didn't get a chance to see the archeological site of Akrotiri - the 4,000 year old Bronze Age city of multi-story homes with indoor plumbing, sewage system, and flushing toilets? Pretty :mindblown: how advanced those Minoans were!

Where did you stay in Athens - hotel/neighborhood?

Always wanted to go to Crete. If you want islands that are greener/less harsh landscape, try the Northern Sporades (can personally recommend Skiathos) or the Ionian Islands (Corfu, Ithaka, Zakynthos, Kefalonia, etc), which have a completely different vibe than the most of the rest of Greece having never been under the Ottoman yoke, instead being governed for centuries by Venice and Britain. This is where my family is from.

:popcorn: for pics!
We were in Psyri, hotel called 360 Pop Art. It was a great spot, we even had an Acropolis view from our room the second stay (after the cruise).

Rhodes was awesome and a great time.

I’ll post pics/full review when I’m back, in German now, did five laps of the Nurburgring Tuesday :jimp:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:57 pm We were in Psyri, hotel called 360 Pop Art. It was a great spot, we even had an Acropolis view from our room the second stay (after the cruise).

Rhodes was awesome and a great time.

I’ll post pics/full review when I’m back, in German now, did five laps of the Nurburgring Tuesday :jimp:
:jelly: