Help Me Find My Paralegal a Soul Sucking Derpmobile to replace the Black Stallion

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:27 pm Saturday is a 2013 Buick Verano
:popcorn:

This is escalating. I’m with you though, buying one of these ‘cheap’ cars used right now don’t make sense. 62k mile Sentra should be a $6k car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:04 pm

This is escalating. I’m with you though, buying one of these ‘cheap’ cars used right now don’t make sense. 62k mile Sentra should be a $6k car.
She has agreed to take me with her to look at the Verano.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.hyundaioflaquinta.com/Vehic ... del=Verano

This is it. This thing is acutally clean af. Nice color, grey blue, tan interior for the desert, factory 60K mainteance done including tranny fluid at 65K. Obviously garaged......Michelin AS4s on that betch too so definitely a higher grade of owner than its next one, lol.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:02 pm She is off to test drive the Nissan, which has an asking price of $11,500. She is a faithful follower of the LJC. If he truly existed, he would start an electrical fire in that car before her arrival.
Did :jesus: intervene with this purchase?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:46 pm

This is it. This thing is acutally clean af. Nice color, grey blue, tan interior for the desert, factory 60K mainteance done including tranny fluid at 65K. Obviously garaged......Michelin AS4s on that betch too so definitely a higher grade of owner than its next one, lol.
That's :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My close buddy drives a 2015? Cruze, it has been overheating lately with symptoms over the last year. Issues include, but not limited to, 2 x thermostats, a blown rad hose, and cracked reservoir. I told him to stop taking it to the same shiester, and finally a new mechanic took a good look at it and has determined that the head gasket is shot, a $3k fix that he's not willing to pay.

So technically, he's in the same boat as your assistant and is looking as similar cars with a matching budget. He is okay with new though. We explored some used options today and it's the same story here, 3 yr old 60k 'Rollas for the price of new.

It turns out that for the price, you could alternately buy some dece entry level vehicles, a couple that popped up have been screen shotted and attached for everyone's viewing pleasure.

The Kona is kind of neat. :iono:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:jimp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:09 pm My close buddy drives a 2015? Cruze, it has been overheating lately with symptoms over the last year. Issues include, but not limited to, 2 x thermostats, a blown rad hose, and cracked reservoir. I told him to stop taking it to the same shiester, and finally a new mechanic took a good look at it and has determined that the head gasket is shot, a $3k fix that he's not willing to pay.

So technically, he's in the same boat as your assistant and is looking as similar cars with a matching budget. He is okay with new though. We explored some used options today and it's the same story here, 3 yr old 60k 'Rollas for the price of new.

It turns out that for the price, you could alternately buy some dece entry level vehicles, a couple that popped up have been screen shotted and attached for everyone's viewing pleasure.

I have explained the long game of buying new and having it last until long past you are dead. To get a Rolla at a fair price you have to go to the private seller market and then you have financing issues. I think this Buick might be a four year fix. Longer if she has a lobotomy and changes into a person who cares about cars.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Another problem is she doesn't want a hatchback. Which is :wrong: but it is what it is. I actually think the new Corolla hatchback in SE trim is an ultra superior derp mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:23 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:09 pm My close buddy drives a 2015? Cruze, it has been overheating lately with symptoms over the last year. Issues include, but not limited to, 2 x thermostats, a blown rad hose, and cracked reservoir. I told him to stop taking it to the same shiester, and finally a new mechanic took a good look at it and has determined that the head gasket is shot, a $3k fix that he's not willing to pay.

I have explained the long game of buying new and having it last until long past you are dead. To get a Rolla at a fair price you have to go to the private seller market and then you have financing issues. I think this Buick might be a four year fix. Longer if she has a lobotomy and changes into a person who cares about cars.
It's a pretty neat car, and in great shape, but I worry for your Paralegal in a ten year old GM. Based on the life of Cruze, a head gasket isn't entirely unthinkable. Good luck with it on Saturday.

Like death and taxes, nothing is guaranteed (except maybe a freshly minted Rolla?). I did catch the drift on your efforts to convince her of the obvious and smartest move in an earlier post, I think I'm just sharing what I'll be offering my friend who seems to be more receptive of something new.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:25 pm Another problem is she doesn't want a hatchback. Which is :wrong: but it is what it is. I actually think the new Corolla hatchback in SE trim is an ultra superior derp mobile.
I feel for car buyers on a tight budget, it's a tough time to be in that predicament.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:41 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:25 pm Another problem is she doesn't want a hatchback. Which is :wrong: but it is what it is. I actually think the new Corolla hatchback in SE trim is an ultra superior derp mobile.
I feel for car buyers on a tight budget, it's a tough time to be in that predicament.
So it's 2013 Verano with 78K on the clock for 11K or 2017 Altima with 38K for 17K. Less negotiated discounts. The Stallion's worth is negligible, it is leaking like the Exxon Valdez. She should and could get a new car. She just doesn't like payments, hard to fault her for that. The rest of her financial habits are admirable from a charity standpoint but atrocious otherwise. This is the AutoTrader High Mileage 2013 Verano King.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

There are quite a number with 150K plus .
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

For that price, it's time to saddle up one last time and ride into the sunset. Hopefully the Verano will see many problem free years.

You can't fault her logic on this one, rates are in the mid to high sixes.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

:notbad:

But how the hell does someone scratch up the little LCD screen on the gauge cluster???
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:51 am

:notbad:

But how the hell does someone scratch up the little LCD screen on the gauge cluster???
LOL. I did not need that called to my attention. Probably holding a set of keys.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

What a fucking depressing vehicle though... :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:10 pm

It may be to you. But to somebody who wonders if their car is going to start or make it the next 100 miles without a 4 digit repair, this thing is a fucking McLaren. I went back over the Carfax. Oil just changed, recent transmission fluid change, recent battery, fresh Michelin AS4s 15K miles ago. Thing should be ready to go except for some new struts/shocks, which I will pay for. I told her I would give her 2 grand if she just got a new car. Probably a coolant flush. I'm going to take it to my guy for the struts and have him go over it and just generally take over maintenance on the car. I literally can't take it anymore.....
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The Verano is underrated as a little old lady car.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:48 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:26 am

Its her decision, a bad idea, but if she wants it and wants to make that decision and so be it, then tell her dont come crying to me when shit hits the fan
Yes, adults get to make their own decisions. If we just accepted this premise and shrugged our shoulders, 90% of the content in this forum would vanish.
Exactly, they have not took your word of advice.

We all help each other and we're a good community, especially when we can't make up their mind for their :plac: moves
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Is that a rebadged Cruze ?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:10 pm

It may be to you. But to somebody who wonders if their car is going to start or make it the next 100 miles without a 4 digit repair, this thing is a fucking McLaren. I went back over the Carfax. Oil just changed, recent transmission fluid change, recent battery, fresh Michelin AS4s 15K miles ago. Thing should be ready to go except for some new struts/shocks, which I will pay for. I told her I would give her 2 grand if she just got a new car. Probably a coolant flush. I'm going to take it to my guy for the struts and have him go over it and just generally take over maintenance on the car. I literally can't take it anymore.....
In todays market you can’t do much better than that. Even though it’ll be $2500 in 2-3 years but it is what it is. If today was the day to get a car this is it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:29 pm

In todays market you can’t do much better than that. Even though it’ll be $2500 in 2-3 years but it is what it is. If today was the day to get a car this is it.
We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:54 pm

Is that a rebadged Cruze ?
I think so but it's got some decent upgrades in the looks/features department. It was a clean little machine really.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

It's on the same platform as Cruze/Opel Astra, but it has the natty 2.4L instead of the 1.4turdbo
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I rented a kona, they're :notbad: and somewhat zippy
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.